SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #300 - 21/03/2024

Question 1: In which layer of the Earth's atmosphere do most weather phenomena occur?

The troposphere is the lowest layer of the Earth's atmosphere, ranging from the ground up to between 7 km at the poles and about 20 km at the equator. Weather phenomena such as cloud formation, rain, snow, and storms occur primarily in this layer due to its containing almost all of the Earth's water vapor.

Question 2: How many Tony Awards has the musical "Chicago" won?

"Chicago" originally opened on Broadway in 1975 and it was revived in 1996. The revival won 6 Tony Awards, including Best Revival of a Musical, in 1997. The show's fame surged once again with the 2002 film adaptation, which won several Academy Awards, including Best Picture.

Question 3: What legal term describes the act of intentionally setting one's own property on fire?

Arson is the criminal act of deliberately setting fire to property. It is a serious crime and is often punished severely, especially if it endangers lives or destroys significant amounts of property. Arson investigations often involve complex forensic techniques to determine the cause of a fire and to find evidence of criminal intent.

Question 4: What is the primary cause of the seasons on Earth?

The seasons are caused by the tilt of the Earth's rotational axis away or toward the sun as it travels through its year-long path around the sun. This axial tilt is about 23.5 degrees and results in varying intensities of sunlight hitting different parts of the Earth at different times of the year.

Question 5: Which battle is considered the turning point of the Pacific War during World War II?

The Battle of Midway occurred between June 4 and 7, 1942. It was a decisive victory for the United States over Japan's navy, significantly weakening Japan's naval capabilities and shifting the balance of power in the Pacific. This battle is widely regarded as the most important naval engagement of the Pacific Campaign of World War II.

Question 6: Which Shakespearean play features the characters Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?

"Hamlet" is one of William Shakespeare's most famous tragedies and was written around 1600. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are courtiers brought in by King Claudius to spy on Prince Hamlet. Their story was further explored in Tom Stoppard's absurdist play "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead."

Question 7: What is the name of the scale used to measure the severity of tornadoes?

The Enhanced Fujita Scale, or EF Scale, is an improved version of the original Fujita Scale developed in 1971 by Dr. Tetsuya Theodore Fujita. It rates the intensity of tornadoes in the United States and Canada based on the damage they cause. It was implemented in the US in February 2007 to more accurately reflect tornado strength based on both wind speeds and related damage.

Question 8: Who won the first season of the television show "American Idol"?

Kelly Clarkson won the first season of "American Idol" in 2002, which launched her into stardom. She has since enjoyed a successful music career with several Grammy Awards to her name.

Question 9: When was the first Super Bowl played?

The first Super Bowl was played on January 15, 1967, between the Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs. The Packers won the game 35-10. It was originally referred to as the "AFL-NFL World Championship Game."

Question 10: How long did Margaret Thatcher serve as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?

Margaret Thatcher was the Prime Minister from 1979 to 1990. She was the first woman to hold that office and was known as the "Iron Lady" for her uncompromising leadership style and political principles.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #300
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
😁 Lots of correct guesses today

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #300
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #300
Question 5: 🟥

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #300

Well 100% today….four guesses all paid off!!

Last edited:
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #300
Question 6: 🟥

My lack of knowledge of musicals, literature and politics has been confirmed today.

And here is my thoughts on Superbowl....

Superbowl.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: DLHM
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #300
Question 4: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Quest
ion 10: 🟥
Got my bum smacked this time 🤕

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #300
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
USA sport and USA tv = a black hole for me. How about AFL?

Played terribly 40% at least I'm consistent for remaining in the LOSER'S CLUB . There were some questions where I knew it had to be one of 2 and of course I chose the wrong ones

Reactions: Bullwinkle