SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #30 - 24/06/2023

Question 1: How old is the Aboriginal rock art in Australia's Kakadu National Park?

Aboriginal rock art in Kakadu National Park dates back to over 20,000 years ago, making it one of the oldest examples of rock art in the world. The park is located in the Northern Territory and is both a UNESCO World Heritage site and a popular tourist destination.

Question 2: The speed of light in a vacuum is approximately how many kilometers per second?

The speed of light in a vacuum is a constant, and is denoted by the letter 'c'. It plays an essential role in many areas of physics, including the theory of relativity by Albert Einstein.

Question 3: Why do people experience the placebo effect?

The placebo effect is a phenomenon where an individual experiences improvements in their condition due to the power of their belief and expectation, rather than the actual effectiveness of the treatment.

Question 4: How many Oscars did the 1965 film "The Sound of Music" win?

"The Sound of Music" won 5 Oscars from its 10 nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director (Robert Wise). It was an adaptation of the Rodgers and Hammerstein Broadway musical and starred Julie Andrews as Maria Von Trapp.

Question 5: Which part of the human body is commonly referred to as the 'voice box'?

The larynx is an organ located in the throat, responsible for producing sound by vibrating its vocal folds as air passes through them. It also plays a vital role in protecting the trachea from food and liquids during swallowing.

Question 6: Which planet is known as the "Red Planet"?

Mars is known as the "Red Planet" due to its reddish appearance caused by iron oxide—or rust—on its surface. It is the fourth planet from the Sun in our solar system.

Question 7: What is the most widely spoken language in the world by the number of native speakers?

Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world with over 1.3 billion native speakers. English is the most widely spoken language considering the number of people who speak it as a second language.

Question 8: How many days does it take, on average, for a chicken egg to hatch?

Chicken eggs generally take around 21 days to hatch when kept at a consistent temperature between 99 to 102 degrees Fahrenheit (37.2 to 38.9 degrees Celsius).

Question 9: When was the first appearance of Marvel's Thor in comic books?

Thor made his first appearance in Marvel Comics in Journey into Mystery #83, created by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, and Jack Kirby in August 1962. He is based on the Norse god of the same name.

Question 10: Who designed the famous Sydney Opera House?

Jørn Utzon, a Danish architect, won the international design competition for the Sydney Opera House in 1957. The iconic building officially opened in 1973 and has since become a global symbol of Australia.

You got answers correct

Reactions: cberk
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #30
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Question 2 was a complete guess , no way I would know that and question 7 , I really thought it was English and if asked again would say English .
So even though I got 9 I really got 8

Finally! got 90%, just missed the Sound of Music Question, which is disappointing because I have seen the film more times that I can count!

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #30
Question 2: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩

I don't mind that I didn't know the speed of light in a vacuum and Oscars for The Sound of Music.

today was my best result so far! Too bad about my guess on question #4 ha ha

Question 1: How old is the Aboriginal rock art in Australia's Kakadu National Park?

Aboriginal rock art in Kakadu National Park dates back to over 20,000 years ago, making it one of the oldest examples of rock art in the world. The park is located in the Northern Territory and is both a UNESCO World Heritage site and a popular tourist destination.

Question 2: The speed of light in a vacuum is approximately how many kilometers per second?

The speed of light in a vacuum is a constant, and is denoted by the letter 'c'. It plays an essential role in many areas of physics, including the theory of relativity by Albert Einstein.

The placebo effect is a phenomenon where an individual experiences improvements in their condition due to the power of their belief and expectation, rather than the actual effectiveness of the treatment.

"The Sound of Music" won 5 Oscars from its 10 nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director (Robert Wise). It was an adaptation of the Rodgers and Hammerstein Broadway musical and starred Julie Andrews as Maria Von Trapp.

Question 5: Which part of the human body is commonly referred to as the 'voice box'?

The larynx is an organ located in the throat, responsible for producing sound by vibrating its vocal folds as air passes through them. It also plays a vital role in protecting the trachea from food and liquids during swallowing.

Mars is known as the "Red Planet" due to its reddish appearance caused by iron oxide—or rust—on its surface. It is the fourth planet from the Sun in our solar system.

Question 7: What is the most widely spoken language in the world by the number of native speakers?

Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world with over 1.3 billion native speakers. English is the most widely spoken language considering the number of people who speak it as a second language.

Chicken eggs generally take around 21 days to hatch when kept at a consistent temperature between 99 to 102 degrees Fahrenheit (37.2 to 38.9 degrees Celsius).

Thor made his first appearance in Marvel Comics in Journey into Mystery #83, created by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, and Jack Kirby in August 1962. He is based on the Norse god of the same name.

Jørn Utzon, a Danish architect, won the international design competition for the Sydney Opera House in 1957. The iconic building officially opened in 1973 and has since become a global symbol of Australia.

You got answers correct

Bullwinkle, I also thought that was the most commonly spoken language - just a minor correction (but you may have inadvertently misspelled the word) the language is called HINDI while the person is referred to as a HINDU.

Reactions: Bullwinkle

You got answers correct
I would like to say that Chinese is not actually a language. Mandarin and Cantonese are languages. Also there are many ethnic groups in China where Mandarin is not the first language.

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #30