SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #289 - 10/03/2024

Question 1: In which year did the iconic rock band The Beatles officially break up?

The Beatles, one of the most influential bands in the history of music, officially disbanded in 1970. They were active from 1960 until their breakup, with their music continuing to be celebrated worldwide. The announcement followed a series of disputes among the members and the departure of John Lennon in late 1969.

Question 2: What is the largest muscle in the human body?

The gluteus maximus is not only the largest muscle in the human body, but it is also extremely powerful. It's important for various activities such as climbing, running, and standing up from a sitting position.

Question 3: Which conflict is commonly known as the Great War prior to World War II?

World War I was known as the Great War before the outbreak of World War II. It lasted from 1914 to 1918 and involved many of the world’s great powers, which were divided into two opposing alliances: the Allies and the Central Powers.

Question 4: Which company created the first commercial handheld cellular phone?

Motorola released the first commercial handheld mobile phone, the DynaTAC 8000X, in 1983. Martin Cooper, a Motorola researcher and executive, made the first mobile telephone call from handheld subscriber equipment 10 years earlier, in 1973.

Question 5: In which country would you find the ancient city of Petra, known for its rock-cut architecture?

Petra, an archaeological site in Jordan, is famous for its intricately carved facades directly into the rock face. The most iconic being "The Treasury" (Al-Khazneh). It was established as the capital city of the Nabataeans around the 4th century BC and became an important trading hub. Petra was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1985.

Question 6: Where was the playwright William Shakespeare born?

William Shakespeare was born in 1564 in the town of Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire. He is widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist.

Question 7: Which conflict is often referred to as "The Great War" until the outbreak of World War II?

World War I was termed "The Great War" because it involved most of the world's great powers at the time and was one of the largest wars in history until it was overshadowed in scale by World War II. It lasted from 1914 to 1918 and drastically changed global political and social landscapes.

Question 8: When was Leonardo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa" believed to be painted?

The exact year of the "Mona Lisa" creation is uncertain, but most scholars agree that Leonardo da Vinci began working on it around 1503 and continued to refine it until his death in 1519. It's one of the most famous and recognizable paintings in the world, now housed in the Louvre Museum in Paris.

Question 9: Which country has won the most World Cup titles in football (soccer)?

Brazil's national team has won the FIFA World Cup a total of 5 times, which is more than any other country. Their championships were in 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, and 2002.

Question 10: Which artist painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?

Michelangelo was commissioned by Pope Julius II in 1508 to repaint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. He completed this iconic work between 1508 and 1512, and it continues to be one of the most renowned artistic achievements in the world.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #289
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
😺wow… my best yet ( greatly helped by several repeat questions)

Reactions: steelo5
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #289
Question 1: 🟩

100% with the help of many repeated questions!!
I believe that the Beatles did not “officially” breakup until December 29th 1974….there was no 1974 in the answers to select, so I went with 1970 😃😃😃

Reactions: steelo5
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #289
Question 2: 🟥

Reactions: steelo5 and Fugly
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #289
Question 1: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

100% with the help of many repeated questions!!
I believe that the Beatles did not “officially” breakup until December 29th 1974….there was no 1974 in the answers to select, so I went with 1970 😃😃😃
I think you maybe confusing legal (court ruling from McCartney's challenge due to tax reasoning(s)) dissolution of the band verse the official year they said the band was dead.

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #289
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #289