SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #281 - 02/03/2024

Question 1: Who is known as the "King of Pop"?

Michael Jackson earned the title "King of Pop" due to his massive success in the music industry, particularly with albums like "Thriller," the best-selling album of all time. His contributions to music, dance, and fashion made him a global figure in popular culture.

Question 2: Which ancient wonder was located in the city of Alexandria?

The Lighthouse of Alexandria, also known as the Pharos of Alexandria, was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. It stood on the small island of Pharos, guiding sailors safely into the busy harbor of Alexandria, which was one of the most important cities of ancient times. The structure was completed around the 3rd century BC and was one of the tallest man-made structures for many centuries.

Question 3: If you were visiting the Library of Alexandria at its peak, in which ancient city would you find yourself?

The Library of Alexandria, one of the wonders of the ancient world, was located in the city of Alexandria, Egypt. It was founded in the 3rd century BCE and became a center for learning and scholarship. It is not known for certain how and when the library was destroyed, but it likely declined in significance over several centuries before ceasing to exist by the end of the Roman period.

Question 4: Which company was the first to manufacture a cell phone?

Motorola was the first company to mass-produce a handheld mobile phone. The first mobile phone was the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X, which received approval from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on September 21, 1983.

Question 5: What is the largest bone in the human body?

The femur, or thighbone, is the largest and strongest bone in the human body. In addition to supporting the weight of the body, the femur works with the muscles and tendons in the leg to maintain balance and enable motion.

Question 6: Who invented the first practical telephone?

While controversy surrounds who was first to invent a device capable of transmitting voice electrically, it is Alexander Graham Bell who is credited with the invention of the first practical telephone. He was granted the patent for it on March 7, 1876, and he made his famous first call to his assistant, Thomas Watson, saying, "Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you."

Question 7: Which fashion designer is known for popularizing the "little black dress"?

Coco Chanel introduced the concept of the "little black dress" in the 1920s. It became a staple and a symbol of chic and sophisticated simplicity, promising to be suitable for any event or class. Chanel famously said, "One is never overdressed or underdressed with a little black dress."

Question 8: The Margherita Pizza is named after a queen of which country?

The Margherita Pizza was named after Queen Margherita of Savoy, who was said to favor the pizza when visiting Naples in 1889. The colors of the pizza—tomatoes (red), mozzarella (white), and basil (green)—are said to represent the Italian flag.

Question 9: Which city is traditionally said to be built on seven hills?

Rome's seven hills are a central part of the city’s ancient mythology. The hills are Aventine, Caelian, Capitoline, Esquiline, Palatine, Quirinal, and Viminal.

Question 10: Where is the driest place on Earth located?

The Atacama Desert, located in Chile, is considered the driest place on Earth. Some weather stations in the Atacama have never recorded rainfall. This desert is so arid that some areas are even said to be comparable to the dry surface of Mars.

You got answers correct

Reactions: nunna
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #281
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #281
Question 8: 🟩
WOOHOO! My best result so far!

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #281
Question 10: 🟩
A few repeat questions today 🤩😁

Question 3: 🟥

80%…..
So many repeated questions yet again….why!! Becoming very boring 😑

Question 2: 🟥

9/10

Question 4: 🟥

Happy weekend everybody

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #281
Question 1: 🟥

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #281
Question 9: 🟥

Reactions: Jo Piper3
Question 5: 🟥

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #281
Question 6: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Not good oh well,much complaining for a friday.

• Haha
Reactions: magpie1