SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #280 - 01/03/2024

Question 1: Who is known as the "Oracle of Omaha"?

Warren Buffett earned the nickname "Oracle of Omaha" for his savvy investment strategies and his ability to predict profitable outcomes in the stock market. He is one of the most successful investors of all time and the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.

Question 2: Where is the Mona Lisa displayed?

The Mona Lisa, painted by Leonardo da Vinci, is one of the most famous artworks in the world. This iconic painting has been displayed in the Louvre Museum since 1797 and attracts millions of visitors each year.

Question 3: Which actor is known for saying the line "I'll be back" in the movie "The Terminator"?

The line "I'll be back" was spoken by Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in the 1984 film "The Terminator" and quickly became one of the most famous catchphrases in movie history. Schwarzenegger has since used the line in many of his films.

Question 4: What is the primary function of a semiconductor?

Semiconductors are materials which have a conductivity between conductors (generally metals) and nonconductors or insulators (such as most ceramics). They are used to create electronic devices that control the flow of electrical current in devices such as computers, phones, and a wide range of other modern electronics. Integrated circuits and transistors, which are vital components of modern electronics, are made from semiconductor materials.

Question 5: What is the traditional method for growing rice in flooded fields known as?

Paddy cultivation involves growing rice in a field flooded with water, which is known as a paddy field. The flooding helps to prevent weeds and pests, and the fields are typically drained before harvesting. The method is especially common in Asian countries.

Question 6: When did the television series "Friends" originally air its first episode?

"Friends" premiered on September 22, 1994, on NBC, and it quickly became one of the most popular television shows of all time, lasting for 10 seasons until its finale in 2004.

Question 7: Which country hosted the first Winter Olympics?

The first Winter Olympics were held in Chamonix, France, in 1924. The games were originally called "International Winter Sports Week" and were a great success, leading to the establishment of the Winter Olympics as a major event.

Question 8: What bird species is the emblem of the United States?

The bald eagle was chosen June 20, 1782, as the emblem of the United States of America because of its long lifespan, great strength, and majestic looks. It is also native to North America.

Question 9: What year did the famous "little black dress" by Coco Chanel first appear in Vogue magazine?

The "little black dress" designed by Coco Chanel was published in the American Vogue in 1926. It was termed "Chanel's Ford" by Vogue because, just like the Model T made by Ford Motor Company, it was accessible to women of all social classes. Chanel's design emphasized simplicity and elegance, forever changing fashion.

Question 10: What is the main cause of the enhanced greenhouse effect leading to global warming?

The enhanced greenhouse effect is mainly caused by the increased concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Earth's atmosphere, primarily from burning fossil fuels such as coal, oil, and natural gas. This leads to global warming because CO2 is a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the atmosphere.

You got answers correct

Reactions: MIZMAC
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #280
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
😅

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #280
Question 1: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
YAY! Back up again!

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #280
Question 7: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #280
Question 1: 🟥
😁

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #280

Good finish to the “working” week…
Would definitely say this set of questions were easy!!!

Answer b to question 10 is incorrect - the burning of fossil fuels may contribute to global warming, but it is not the main cause.

Question 5: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: magpie1
Hi
Why are so many questions repeated regularly

Need someone with time on their hands to help compile new questions….
Regular repeats are:
Mona Lisa
Little Black Dress
To Kill a Mockingbird
Bird emblem of US
Just to name a couple….not much of a challenge when these come up so regularly!!!

Reactions: magpie1
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #280
Dont mind repeat's now and then,helps me get better scores.;):)

Question 10: 🟥