SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #268 - 18/02/2024

Question 1: Where is Leonardo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa" displayed?

The "Mona Lisa" has been displayed in the Louvre Museum since 1797 and is considered one of the most famous paintings in the world. The painting is known for its intriguing subject's expression, which many find enigmatic.

Question 2: Which designer is credited with popularizing the "Little Black Dress"?

Coco Chanel revolutionized fashion with her timeless designs, one of which is the Little Black Dress (LBD). The LBD became an instant classic after being published in Vogue in 1926, described as "Chanel's Ford" for its affordability and widespread appeal. Chanel's design ethos was centered on making women feel comfortable while still looking elegant, which the LBD epitomized.

Question 3: Which element is known as the lightest metal?

Lithium is the lightest metal and the least dense solid element. It's highly reactive and used in various applications from batteries to mental health medications.

Question 4: What device involves an object or character representing an idea or theme?

Symbolism is when an object, character or color used in literature represents an idea or theme larger than the object itself. For instance, the green light in "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald symbolizes Gatsby's pursuit of the American Dream.

Question 5: When was Pablo Picasso's "Guernica" painted?

"Guernica" was created in response to the bombing of the Basque town of Guernica during the Spanish Civil War. Picasso's work has become a worldwide symbol of the tragedies of war and the unnecessary suffering war inflicts upon individuals, particularly innocent civilians.

Question 6: In ancient Egypt, who was the god of the afterlife and mummification?

Osiris is one of the most significant gods of ancient Egypt. He was associated with the afterlife, death, life, and vegetation. Osiris was often depicted as a green-skinned deity with a pharaoh's beard, partially mummy-wrapped at the legs, wearing a distinctive crown with two large ostrich feathers at either side, and holding a symbolic crook and flail. Anubis, who is often confused with Osiris, was actually the god of embalming and the dead's guide to the underworld, not the god of the afterlife himself.

Question 7: What is the largest planet in our Solar System?

Jupiter is the largest planet in our Solar System with a diameter of 86,881 miles (139,822 kilometers). It's so large that all other planets in the Solar System could fit inside Jupiter. Jupiter also has a very strong magnetic field and at least 79 moons.

Question 8: Who is the billionaire owner of the Daily Planet in the Superman series?

Lex Luthor, often portrayed as Superman's arch-nemesis, acquires the Daily Planet in various storylines of the Superman comics. He uses this media outlet to exercise control over the flow of information and to further his own agenda against Superman and other heroes.

Question 9: Where was the Rosetta Stone discovered?

The Rosetta Stone was discovered in 1799 by French soldiers who were rebuilding a fort in Egypt. It was a crucial key in deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs, as it bore the same text in Egyptian hieroglyphics, Demotic script, and Ancient Greek.

Question 10: Who is the strong sailor character known for eating spinach?

Popeye the Sailor is a fictional character created by Elzie Crisler Segar. The character first appeared in the daily King Features comic strip "Thimble Theatre" on January 17, 1929, and became the strip's title in later years. Popeye is known for his exaggeratedly muscular forearms and his catchphrase, "I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I eats me spinach!"

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #268
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
Couple of repeat questions 😁

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #268
Question 9: 🟥

Question 3: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥

Question 5: 🟥

90%. Annubis was God of afterlife and mummification (embalming) and Osiris was God of afterlife. However Osiris was not god of mummification. Thus the answer should be Annubis. For the answer to be Osiris the mummification should not be included in the question. This means all who answer Anubis are right.
I chose Anubis too.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #268
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥