SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #257 - 07/02/2024

Question 1: When was the World Health Organization (WHO) established?

The World Health Organization was established on April 7, 1948, which is now celebrated as World Health Day each year. Its primary role is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.

Question 2: Who was the Greek goddess of wisdom?

Athena was regarded as the patron and protectress of various cities across Greece, most notably the city of Athens, which is named after her. She is also known for being born from the head of Zeus, fully grown and in armor.

Question 3: What feature do squids have that is quite unique among animals?

Squids have three hearts; two branchial hearts pump blood to the gills, where oxygen is taken up, and a systemic heart circulates the oxygen-rich blood to the body. This adaptation supports their active and fast-moving lifestyle.

Question 4: In what year did Apple Inc. release the first iPad?

The first iPad was released on April 3, 2010. It marked the beginning of a new category of devices for Apple and helped define the tablet computer market. Since then, iPads have become a significant part of Apple's product lineup with multiple iterations and updates.

Question 5: Who was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean?

Amelia Earhart accomplished this historic flight on May 20-21, 1932, as she flew from Newfoundland to Ireland. She was also known for her attempts to make a circumnavigational flight of the globe, which ultimately led to her mysterious disappearance in 1937.

Question 6: In which country is the festival of Diwali primarily celebrated?

Diwali, also known as the Festival of Lights, is a major holiday in India and is celebrated by Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, and some Buddhists. Diwali symbolizes the spiritual "victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance." It typically occurs between mid-October and mid-November, depending on the lunar calendar.

Question 7: Which actor portrayed the character of Han Solo in the original "Star Wars" trilogy?

Harrison Ford's portrayal of Han Solo in the "Star Wars" series made him an icon of the sci-fi genre. He played the character in the original trilogy from the 1970s and 80s, as well as reprising his role in the sequel trilogy over three decades later.

Question 8: Which country is known for the festival of La Tomatina, where participants throw tomatoes at each other?

La Tomatina is an annual Spanish festival held in the Valencian town of Buñol, where participants throw thousands of tomatoes at each other purely for fun. It is held on the last Wednesday of August each year.

Question 9: Which was the first war in which airplanes were used?

The Italo-Turkish War (1911-1912) was the first conflict in which airplanes were used for reconnaissance. This marked a new era in military strategy, leading to the development of air combat tactics that became critical in later wars.

Question 10: What famed Broadway musical, known for its feline characters, was composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber?

"Cats" premiered in London in 1981 and on Broadway in 1982. It is based on T.S. Eliot's book "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats." The show won numerous awards, including the Laurence Olivier Award and the Tony Award for Best Musical.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #257
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #257
Question 9: 🟩

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #257
Question 4: 🟥
Italo- Turkish war I've never even heard of.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #257
Question 1: 🟥

Well you will never guess......I got it wrong as well. How many said WW1 apart from me.? Anyway at the end of the day at least I escaped from the LOSERS Club, Just.....60%. Oh dear, thankfully it's just a game. !!😂

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch
Well you will never guess......I got it wrong as well. How many said WW1 apart from me.? Anyway at the end of the day at least I escaped from the LOSERS Club, Just.....60%. Oh dear, thankfully it's just a game. !!😂
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE LOSERS CLUB_ _ "CHICKEN"
What's your name?? "Steve Mcqueen"???please explain.. {Sarah Hanson Young} want's to know to..