SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #248 - 29/01/2024

Question 1: Which villain originated from a graphic novel called "The Killing Joke"?

The Joker's tragic backstory, as an unsuccessful comedian turned into a life of crime, was explored in the 1988 graphic novel "The Killing Joke" written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Brian Bolland. The story provides one of the possible origins for the character, though the Joker has stated that he prefers his past to be "multiple choice."

Question 2: The first novel ever written on a typewriter is said to be which of the following?

Mark Twain's "Adventures of Tom Sawyer" is often cited as the first novel written on a typewriter. Although there is some debate about the truth of this claim, Twain was one of the earliest adopters of the typewriter and his use of the device during this time period is well documented.

Question 3: What religious festival is celebrated in India with colors?

Holi, also known as the "Festival of Colors," is a Hindu festival marking the arrival of spring. It involves throwing colored powders and is celebrated with much enthusiasm across India.

Question 4: What unit is used to measure the energy in food?

The calorie is a unit of energy that is commonly used to measure the energy content of foods and beverages. Physically speaking, 1 calorie is the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius. The Calorie with a capital 'C', or kilocalorie, is often used on food packaging and is equal to 1,000 calories.

Question 5: What is the term for the force that causes an object to move in a circular path?

Centripetal force is the force that acts on an object moving in a circular path and is directed toward the center around which the object is moving. This force is necessary for any object to maintain circular motion.

Question 6: What is the diameter of a basketball hoop in inches?

The regulation diameter of a basketball hoop is 18 inches (45.72 cm), allowing the basketball, which is about 9.5 inches in diameter, to have ample room to pass through. The standard was defined to create a consistent playing environment across different levels of play.

Question 7: In terms of global food crop production, which is the most widely produced staple food in the world?

Rice is a primary food staple for more than half the world’s population, especially in Asia, Latin America, and parts of Africa. It's grown on every continent except Antarctica. China and India are the largest producers of rice.

Question 8: Who formulated the law of universal gravitation?

Sir Isaac Newton published his law of universal gravitation in the "Principia Mathematica" in 1687. It states that every point mass attracts every other point mass by a force acting along the line intersecting both points. The force is proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

Question 9: What term describes the study of human behavior at work and its application to the management of organizations?

Industrial/Organizational Psychology, also known as I/O Psychology, applies psychological theories and principles to organizations and the workplace. It focuses on increasing workplace productivity and related issues such as the physical and mental well-being of employees.

Question 10: What is the powerhouse of the cell?

The mitochondria are often referred to as the powerhouse of the cell because they generate most of the cell's supply of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), used as a source of chemical energy. They are unique among other organelles as they have their own DNA and can replicate independently of the cell.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #248
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #248
Question 5: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
Some repeat questions 😁

SDC Trivia Game #248 - 29/01/2024

Question 1: Which villain originated from a graphic novel called "The Killing Joke"?

The Joker's tragic backstory, as an unsuccessful comedian turned into a life of crime, was explored in the 1988 graphic novel "The Killing Joke" written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Brian Bolland. The story provides one of the possible origins for the character, though the Joker has stated that he prefers his past to be "multiple choice."

Question 2: The first novel ever written on a typewriter is said to be which of the following?

Mark Twain's "Adventures of Tom Sawyer" is often cited as the first novel written on a typewriter. Although there is some debate about the truth of this claim, Twain was one of the earliest adopters of the typewriter and his use of the device during this time period is well documented.

Question 3: What religious festival is celebrated in India with colors?

Holi, also known as the "Festival of Colors," is a Hindu festival marking the arrival of spring. It involves throwing colored powders and is celebrated with much enthusiasm across India.

Question 4: What unit is used to measure the energy in food?

The calorie is a unit of energy that is commonly used to measure the energy content of foods and beverages. Physically speaking, 1 calorie is the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius. The Calorie with a capital 'C', or kilocalorie, is often used on food packaging and is equal to 1,000 calories.

Question 5: What is the term for the force that causes an object to move in a circular path?

Centripetal force is the force that acts on an object moving in a circular path and is directed toward the center around which the object is moving. This force is necessary for any object to maintain circular motion.

Question 6: What is the diameter of a basketball hoop in inches?

The regulation diameter of a basketball hoop is 18 inches (45.72 cm), allowing the basketball, which is about 9.5 inches in diameter, to have ample room to pass through. The standard was defined to create a consistent playing environment across different levels of play.

Question 7: In terms of global food crop production, which is the most widely produced staple food in the world?

Rice is a primary food staple for more than half the world’s population, especially in Asia, Latin America, and parts of Africa. It's grown on every continent except Antarctica. China and India are the largest producers of rice.

Question 8: Who formulated the law of universal gravitation?

Sir Isaac Newton published his law of universal gravitation in the "Principia Mathematica" in 1687. It states that every point mass attracts every other point mass by a force acting along the line intersecting both points. The force is proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

Question 9: What term describes the study of human behavior at work and its application to the management of organizations?

Industrial/Organizational Psychology, also known as I/O Psychology, applies psychological theories and principles to organizations and the workplace. It focuses on increasing workplace productivity and related issues such as the physical and mental well-being of employees.

Question 10: What is the powerhouse of the cell?

The mitochondria are often referred to as the powerhouse of the cell because they generate most of the cell's supply of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), used as a source of chemical energy. They are unique among other organelles as they have their own DNA and can replicate independently of the cell.

You got answers correct
Nearly again 9/10

(Granted these questions are most likely coming from an American site). Is a kilojoule not a metric measurement and a calorie latin derived word for heat? So, given metric is the unit of measure used by 90% of the world and the US is pretty much the stubborn one, should kJ not be the correct answer in THIS country. 20% of the worlds most important food production is corn with rice around 15-16%, suggest corn is the correct answer (which I think I recall seeing on here recently as the most grown staple).

Last edited:
I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #248
Question 2: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Oh dear, on a downward trend 🙄

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #248
Question 4: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

(Granted these questions are most likely coming from an American site). Is a kilojoule not a metric measurement and a calorie latin derived word for heat? So, given metric is the unit of measure used by 90% of the world and the US is pretty much the stubborn one, should kJ not be the correct answer in THIS country. 20% of the worlds most important food production is corn with rice around 15-16%, suggest corn is the correct answer (which I think I recall seeing on here recently as the most grown staple).
I agree. I also wonder who would know all the details about the many Indian festivals, except Indians, as it isn't information which is disseminated widely.

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #248
Question 2: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥