SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #232 - 13/01/2024

Question 1: Which ancient city is famously associated with the legend of the Minotaur and the Labyrinth?

The Palace of Knossos is located on the island of Crete and is linked to the mythical king Minos. According to legend, the Labyrinth was designed by the architect Daedalus to contain the Minotaur, a creature that was half man, half bull. The site was excavated in the early 20th century by Arthur Evans.

Question 2: How many planets in our solar system have rings?

The four giant planets of the Solar System – Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune – have planetary ring systems. Saturn's rings are the most visible and were known since the early telescopes. Jupiter's, Uranus's, and Neptune's rings were discovered in more modern times through space probes and advanced earth-based telescopes.

Question 3: Which animal is Australia's national emblem?

The kangaroo is one of Australia's most iconic animals and serves as a national symbol. It is featured together with the emu on the country's coat of arms, symbolizing the country's progress because neither animal can move backward easily.

Question 4: Which bone is the longest in the human body?

The femur, or thigh bone, is not only the longest but also the strongest bone in the human body. It carries the weight of the body and allows for a wide range of motion at the hip and knee joints.

Question 5: How many astronauts walked on the moon during the Apollo missions?

The Apollo program, NASA's third human spaceflight program, accomplished the first ever manned moon landings between 1969 and 1972. A total of 12 astronauts walked on the moon, starting with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin during Apollo 11 and ending with Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt during Apollo 17.

Question 6: Which gas is most abundant in the Earth's atmosphere?

Nitrogen makes up about 78% of the Earth's atmosphere by volume. The high percentage of nitrogen plays a crucial role in the biochemistry of all living organisms, mainly through the nitrogen cycle.

Question 7: Why is Superman weak to Kryptonite?

Kryptonite is a fictional mineral from the destroyed planet Krypton, the home world of Superman. It is typically portrayed as having been transformed into a radioactive material that weakens Superman, although the exact mechanism by which it affects him has varied throughout his appearances in different media.

Question 8: In which country were the Terracotta Warriors discovered?

The Terracotta Warriors were discovered in 1974 by local farmers near Xi'an, Shaanxi province, China. They are a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China.

Question 9: Which battle marked the turning point in the Pacific Theatre during World War II?

The Battle of Midway occurred in June 1942 and is considered the most important naval battle of the Pacific Campaign of World War II. The battle was a decisive victory for the United States over Japan and allowed the Allies to move from a defensive position to an offensive one.

Question 10: When were the modern Olympic Games first held?

The first modern Olympic Games took place in Athens, Greece, from April 6 to April 15, 1896. It marked the revival of the ancient Olympic Games that originated in Olympia, Greece, over 2,700 years earlier.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #232
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #232
Question 1: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩

Reactions: magpie1
Question 2: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

Reactions: steelo5
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #232
Question 4: 🟥

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #232
Question 6: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
Low score AGAIN! I'm not REALLY that clueless!!!! hahaha.

Bombed out again 50% but at least I didn't guess any of them except the ones I got wrong which was half of them

Continued my shaky climb up the ladder to that slippery 8th rung again......that's twice now in the last 3 days......something strange going on here, but I'll take it today......and put air cushions around the bottom of the ladder in preparation for any falls tomorrow.......🤗😊🤔🤣

Reactions: magpie1