SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #226 - 07/01/2024

Question 1: Where is the largest Oktoberfest celebration outside of Germany held?

The Brazilian city of Blumenau holds the biggest Oktoberfest celebrations outside of Germany, partly due to its significant German community. It has been held annually since the early 1980s and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.

Question 2: What is the most common type of blood cells in the human body?

Red blood cells, also known as erythrocytes, are the most numerous type of blood cells and are responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body. The average human body contains about 25 trillion red blood cells, and they make up about 40% to 45% of the body's blood volume.

Question 3: Who was the main prosecutor in the O.J. Simpson murder case?

Marcia Clark was the lead prosecutor, working alongside Christopher Darden. The trial, often referred to as "The Trial of the Century," highlighted many aspects of the U.S. judicial system and was highly publicized. Johnnie Cochran was one of O.J. Simpson's defense lawyers, and Robert Shapiro was initially on Simpson's defense team as well.

Question 4: If you're visiting the Great Barrier Reef, which country are you in?

The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral reef system, composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching over 2,300 kilometers (1,400 miles) along the northeast coast of Australia. It's one of the most biodiverse and spectacular natural wonders on the planet.

Question 5: In what unit is electric resistance measured?

The unit of electric resistance is named after Georg Simon Ohm, a German physicist who made significant contributions to our understanding of electricity. Ohm's Law states that the current flow through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the voltage across the two points.

Question 6: Which inventor is known as "The Wizard of Menlo Park"?

Thomas Edison was given the nickname "The Wizard of Menlo Park" due to his numerous inventions and innovations while working in his laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey. His work on the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and a long-lasting, practical electric light bulb are among his most famous contributions.

Question 7: Who was the longest-reigning British monarch before Queen Elizabeth II?

Queen Victoria reigned for 63 years and 216 days, from 1837 until her death in 1901. She was surpassed by Queen Elizabeth II, who became the longest-reigning British monarch on September 9, 2015.

Question 8: When did the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb take place?

The discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb by Howard Carter in 1922 is one of the most significant archaeological findings of the 20th century. The nearly intact tomb provided an unprecedented insight into the life and culture of ancient Egypt.

Question 9: Which country is home to the historical monument Machu Picchu?

Machu Picchu is an Incan citadel set high in the Andes Mountains in Peru. It's known for its sophisticated dry-stone construction that fuses huge blocks without the use of mortar, intriguing buildings that play on astronomical alignments, and panoramic views. Its exact former use remains a mystery. It was introduced to the international community by Hiram Bingham in 1911 and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Question 10: Which planet is closest in size to Earth?

Venus is often called Earth's "sister planet" due to their similar size, mass, proximity to the Sun, and bulk composition. It is also similar in size to Earth; Venus is only slightly smaller, with around 95% of Earth's diameter and 80% of Earth's mass.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #226
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #226
Question 2: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

90% today….
#3 I had no idea of the name, just remembered the prosecutor was a female, made it easy with only one female name in the clues….

Reactions: magpie1
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #226
Question 2: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥

That was ok

Reactions: Bullwinkle

Question 1: Where is the largest Oktoberfest celebration outside of Germany held?

The Brazilian city of Blumenau holds the biggest Oktoberfest celebrations outside of Germany, partly due to its significant German community. It has been held annually since the early 1980s and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.

Red blood cells, also known as erythrocytes, are the most numerous type of blood cells and are responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body. The average human body contains about 25 trillion red blood cells, and they make up about 40% to 45% of the body's blood volume.

Marcia Clark was the lead prosecutor, working alongside Christopher Darden. The trial, often referred to as "The Trial of the Century," highlighted many aspects of the U.S. judicial system and was highly publicized. Johnnie Cochran was one of O.J. Simpson's defense lawyers, and Robert Shapiro was initially on Simpson's defense team as well.

Question 4: If you're visiting the Great Barrier Reef, which country are you in?

The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral reef system, composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching over 2,300 kilometers (1,400 miles) along the northeast coast of Australia. It's one of the most biodiverse and spectacular natural wonders on the planet.

The unit of electric resistance is named after Georg Simon Ohm, a German physicist who made significant contributions to our understanding of electricity. Ohm's Law states that the current flow through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the voltage across the two points.

Thomas Edison was given the nickname "The Wizard of Menlo Park" due to his numerous inventions and innovations while working in his laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey. His work on the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and a long-lasting, practical electric light bulb are among his most famous contributions.

Question 7: Who was the longest-reigning British monarch before Queen Elizabeth II?

Queen Victoria reigned for 63 years and 216 days, from 1837 until her death in 1901. She was surpassed by Queen Elizabeth II, who became the longest-reigning British monarch on September 9, 2015.

The discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb by Howard Carter in 1922 is one of the most significant archaeological findings of the 20th century. The nearly intact tomb provided an unprecedented insight into the life and culture of ancient Egypt.

Machu Picchu is an Incan citadel set high in the Andes Mountains in Peru. It's known for its sophisticated dry-stone construction that fuses huge blocks without the use of mortar, intriguing buildings that play on astronomical alignments, and panoramic views. Its exact former use remains a mystery. It was introduced to the international community by Hiram Bingham in 1911 and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Venus is often called Earth's "sister planet" due to their similar size, mass, proximity to the Sun, and bulk composition. It is also similar in size to Earth; Venus is only slightly smaller, with around 95% of Earth's diameter and 80% of Earth's mass.

You got answers correct
I would dispute answer that Brazil holds biggest Oktoberfest outside of Germany. Ontario Canada Oktoberfest has been going much longer and considered the largest outside of Germany..Brazil's is huge as well, so they could be on equal footing with Canada edging it out..

You got answers correct
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #226
Question 3: 🟩

Reactions: ShezzieD
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #226
Question 1: 🟩

Reactions: magpie1 and steelo5
I would dispute answer that Brazil holds biggest Oktoberfest outside of Germany. Ontario Canada Oktoberfest has been going much longer and considered the largest outside of Germany..Brazil's is huge as well, so they could be on equal footing with Canada edging it out..

That was the one I got wrong too….😡

Not that many nazi's escaped to Canada like they did to Sth America.

Reactions: Mina vriesekolk
I didn't think Brazilians were beer drinkers I thought it was between Canada and Australia and Canada being much larger I chose Canada . Brazil , really !!!!! I'm going to go and research that now !

Reactions: ShezzieD

I agree. I answered Canada also 🙂

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #226

While some may struggle to get their daily score......I seem to be able to get mine regularly without too much effort at all.........4tune favours the brave. 😂😉

Reactions: steelo5