Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

well it hasn't taken long, only 5 days and I'm back in the land of 4's and to think that it all started so well......c'est la vie.

SDC Trivia Game #224 - 05/01/2024

Question 1: If referred to as "The Fab Four," which band is being talked about?

The Beatles, formed in Liverpool in 1960, were famously dubbed "The Fab Four," referring to the band members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr.

Question 2: How many films make up the original "Star Wars" trilogy?

The original "Star Wars" trilogy consists of "Episode IV: A New Hope" (1977), "Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" (1980), and "Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" (1983). They were the first set of films released in the Star Wars franchise by George Lucas.

Question 3: Where can you find the highest average annual precipitation?

Mawsynram, a village in the East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya state in India, receives an annual rainfall of about 467 inches (11,871 mm), making it the wettest place on Earth in terms of average annual precipitation. Cherrapunji, also in Meghalaya, holds the record for the most rainfall in a calendar month and in a year.

Question 4: Which Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is the longest-running show on Broadway?

"The Phantom of the Opera" opened on Broadway in 1988 and became the longest-running show in Broadway history. It surpassed "Cats," another Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, which previously held the record.

Question 5: Which bone is the longest bone in the human body?

The femur, or thigh bone, is both the longest and strongest bone in the human body. The average length of an adult femur is about 18 inches (45 centimeters). It bears the weight of the body and allows for a wide range of motion at the hip and knee joints.

Question 6: What mythical creature is rumored to reside in the Scottish Highlands?

The Loch Ness Monster, or Nessie, is a cryptid alleged to inhabit Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. It is often described as large, long-necked, and with one or more humps protruding from the water. Nessie is one of the most famous creatures of modern folklore and has inspired numerous theories and expeditions to uncover its existence.

Question 7: The period of rotation of a geostationary satellite is?

A geostationary satellite is positioned in the Earth's equatorial plane at a distance that allows it to orbit the Earth once in the same time the Earth completes one rotation; this period is 24 hours. This makes the satellite appear stationary with respect to an observer on the ground.

Question 8: What is the name given to a polygon with five sides?

In geometry, a pentagon is a five-sided polygon or 5-gon. The name is derived from Greek words "pente" meaning five and "gonia" meaning angle. Pentagons can be regular (with equal side lengths and angles) or irregular.

Question 9: In which year did astronaut Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon?

Neil Armstrong became the first human to walk on the moon on July 20, 1969, as part of the Apollo 11 mission. His famous quote, "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind," was televised to Earth and witnessed by millions.

Question 10: The human body typically has how many pints of blood?

An average adult body with a weight of 150 to 180 pounds typically will contain around 8 to 10 pints (approximately 4.7 to 5.7 liters) of blood. This amount can vary based on factors like body size and health conditions. Blood plays essential roles in transporting oxygen and nutrients, removing waste, and aiding the immune system.

You got answers correct
Well one lives in hope that trilogy means 3 and by golly gosh it did LOL

SDC Trivia Game #224 - 05/01/2024

Question 1: If referred to as "The Fab Four," which band is being talked about?

The Beatles, formed in Liverpool in 1960, were famously dubbed "The Fab Four," referring to the band members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr.

Question 2: How many films make up the original "Star Wars" trilogy?

The original "Star Wars" trilogy consists of "Episode IV: A New Hope" (1977), "Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" (1980), and "Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" (1983). They were the first set of films released in the Star Wars franchise by George Lucas.

Question 3: Where can you find the highest average annual precipitation?

Mawsynram, a village in the East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya state in India, receives an annual rainfall of about 467 inches (11,871 mm), making it the wettest place on Earth in terms of average annual precipitation. Cherrapunji, also in Meghalaya, holds the record for the most rainfall in a calendar month and in a year.

Question 4: Which Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is the longest-running show on Broadway?

"The Phantom of the Opera" opened on Broadway in 1988 and became the longest-running show in Broadway history. It surpassed "Cats," another Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, which previously held the record.

Question 5: Which bone is the longest bone in the human body?

The femur, or thigh bone, is both the longest and strongest bone in the human body. The average length of an adult femur is about 18 inches (45 centimeters). It bears the weight of the body and allows for a wide range of motion at the hip and knee joints.

Question 6: What mythical creature is rumored to reside in the Scottish Highlands?

The Loch Ness Monster, or Nessie, is a cryptid alleged to inhabit Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. It is often described as large, long-necked, and with one or more humps protruding from the water. Nessie is one of the most famous creatures of modern folklore and has inspired numerous theories and expeditions to uncover its existence.

Question 7: The period of rotation of a geostationary satellite is?

A geostationary satellite is positioned in the Earth's equatorial plane at a distance that allows it to orbit the Earth once in the same time the Earth completes one rotation; this period is 24 hours. This makes the satellite appear stationary with respect to an observer on the ground.

Question 8: What is the name given to a polygon with five sides?

In geometry, a pentagon is a five-sided polygon or 5-gon. The name is derived from Greek words "pente" meaning five and "gonia" meaning angle. Pentagons can be regular (with equal side lengths and angles) or irregular.

Question 9: In which year did astronaut Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon?

Neil Armstrong became the first human to walk on the moon on July 20, 1969, as part of the Apollo 11 mission. His famous quote, "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind," was televised to Earth and witnessed by millions.

Question 10: The human body typically has how many pints of blood?

An average adult body with a weight of 150 to 180 pounds typically will contain around 8 to 10 pints (approximately 4.7 to 5.7 liters) of blood. This amount can vary based on factors like body size and health conditions. Blood plays essential roles in transporting oxygen and nutrients, removing waste, and aiding the immune system.

You got answers correct
I can't get past 70%. But I will keep trying.. One day it might happen.

Reactions: ShezzieD
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #224
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
😁

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #224
Question 3: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Isn't it funny how you just know the answers I was nearly 8 when Armstong walked the moon and I was told once I loss half my body blood

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #224
Question 3: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩