SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #221 - 02/01/2024

Question 1: Which actor played the character Jack Dawson in the 1997 film "Titanic"?

Leonardo DiCaprio starred as Jack Dawson, a fictional character in James Cameron's "Titanic." The film went on to become one of the highest-grossing movies of all time and catapulted DiCaprio to international fame.

Question 2: What empire was ruled by Alexander the Great?

Alexander the Great became the king of the Kingdom of Macedonia in 336 BC and created one of the largest empires of the ancient world by the time of his death in 323 BC. He was a student of Aristotle and is known for spreading Greek culture across the conquered regions.

Question 3: When was the bald eagle declared the national emblem of the United States?

The bald eagle was chosen as the emblem of the United States of America on June 20, 1782, because of its long life, great strength, and majestic looks, and also because it was then believed to exist only on this continent.

Question 4: What is the tallest mountain in North America?

Denali, formerly known as Mount McKinley, is located in Alaska and rises 20,310 feet (6,190 meters) above sea level. It was renamed Denali, which means "The Great One" in the native Athabaskan language, in 2015.

Question 5: Which television show coined the phrase "Winter is coming"?

"Winter is coming" became one of the most memorable catchphrases from HBO's Game of Thrones, which premiered in 2011. The phrase is used in the context of the show to signify the impending danger and has extended into popular culture as a metaphor for preparation for tough times.

Question 6: What part of the plant is responsible for photosynthesis?

The leaf is the primary site for photosynthesis in most plants. It contains chloroplasts, which have the pigment chlorophyll that absorbs sunlight and uses its energy to synthesize carbohydrates from CO2 and water.

Question 7: What is the main function of the white blood cells in the human body?

White blood cells, or leukocytes, are a crucial part of the immune system. They help protect the body against both infectious disease and foreign invaders. Different types of white blood cells have varying roles, including creating antibodies and engulfing bacteria.

Question 8: Which film won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1994?

"Forrest Gump" not only won the Oscar for Best Picture but also won five other Academy Awards, including Best Actor for Tom Hanks. It competed against strong contenders like "Pulp Fiction" and "The Shawshank Redemption," both of which have also become classics in their own right.

Question 9: Where was the famous playwright William Shakespeare born?

Born on April 23, 1564, William Shakespeare is widely regarded as one of the greatest writers in the English language. His birth and childhood were spent in Stratford-upon-Avon, which is now a significant cultural tourism spot due to his legacy.

Question 10: When was the International Criminal Court (ICC) established?

The ICC was established by the Rome Statute, which came into force on July 1, 2002. It is the first permanent, treaty-based international criminal court established to help end impunity for the perpetrators of the most serious crimes of concern to the international community.

You got answers correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #221
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I should have got 10/10 today I knew Alexander the Great was King of The Macedonia Empire . My finger some how hit the button below 🤔

Alexander thought he was Greek and actually thought he was the son of Zeus and that he was invincible.
Macedonians say his Macadonian

The part of Macedonia that he was from actually belongs to the Greeks, so maybe he was . Don't you love Ancient history

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #221
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Last edited:
SDC Trivia Game #221 - 02/01/2024

Question 1: Which actor played the character Jack Dawson in the 1997 film "Titanic"?

Leonardo DiCaprio starred as Jack Dawson, a fictional character in James Cameron's "Titanic." The film went on to become one of the highest-grossing movies of all time and catapulted DiCaprio to international fame.

Question 2: What empire was ruled by Alexander the Great?

Alexander the Great became the king of the Kingdom of Macedonia in 336 BC and created one of the largest empires of the ancient world by the time of his death in 323 BC. He was a student of Aristotle and is known for spreading Greek culture across the conquered regions.

Question 3: When was the bald eagle declared the national emblem of the United States?

The bald eagle was chosen as the emblem of the United States of America on June 20, 1782, because of its long life, great strength, and majestic looks, and also because it was then believed to exist only on this continent.

Question 4: What is the tallest mountain in North America?

Denali, formerly known as Mount McKinley, is located in Alaska and rises 20,310 feet (6,190 meters) above sea level. It was renamed Denali, which means "The Great One" in the native Athabaskan language, in 2015.

Question 5: Which television show coined the phrase "Winter is coming"?

"Winter is coming" became one of the most memorable catchphrases from HBO's Game of Thrones, which premiered in 2011. The phrase is used in the context of the show to signify the impending danger and has extended into popular culture as a metaphor for preparation for tough times.

Question 6: What part of the plant is responsible for photosynthesis?

The leaf is the primary site for photosynthesis in most plants. It contains chloroplasts, which have the pigment chlorophyll that absorbs sunlight and uses its energy to synthesize carbohydrates from CO2 and water.

Question 7: What is the main function of the white blood cells in the human body?

White blood cells, or leukocytes, are a crucial part of the immune system. They help protect the body against both infectious disease and foreign invaders. Different types of white blood cells have varying roles, including creating antibodies and engulfing bacteria.

Question 8: Which film won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1994?

"Forrest Gump" not only won the Oscar for Best Picture but also won five other Academy Awards, including Best Actor for Tom Hanks. It competed against strong contenders like "Pulp Fiction" and "The Shawshank Redemption," both of which have also become classics in their own right.

Question 9: Where was the famous playwright William Shakespeare born?

Born on April 23, 1564, William Shakespeare is widely regarded as one of the greatest writers in the English language. His birth and childhood were spent in Stratford-upon-Avon, which is now a significant cultural tourism spot due to his legacy.

Question 10: When was the International Criminal Court (ICC) established?

The ICC was established by the Rome Statute, which came into force on July 1, 2002. It is the first permanent, treaty-based international criminal court established to help end impunity for the perpetrators of the most serious crimes of concern to the international community.

You got answers correct
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #221
Question 2: 🟩

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #221
Question 6: 🟥

I should have got 10/10 today I knew Alexander the Great was King of The Macedonia Empire . My finger some how hit the button below 🤔

Yes, I use the same excuse "WRONG FINGER"
50% wrong fingers again and again and again and again and again.

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #221