SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #218 - 30/12/2023

Question 1: How many elements are in the periodic table as of 2023?

There are 118 recognized elements in the periodic table as of 2023, with the most recently added ones being Nihonium (Nh), Moscovium (Mc), Tennessine (Ts), and Oganesson (Og), which were all confirmed by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) in 2016.

Question 2: What is the name of the winged horse in Greek mythology?

Pegasus is one of the most recognized creatures in Greek mythology. He sprang from the blood of the Gorgon Medusa after she was beheaded by the hero Perseus. Pegasus is often associated with wisdom and poetry and became a symbol of inspiration in art and literature.

Question 3: Where was composer Ludwig van Beethoven born?

Ludwig van Beethoven was born on December 17, 1770, in Bonn, which was then a part of the Electoral Cologne, a principality of the Holy Roman Empire. Despite his Austrian career, he was of German origin.

Question 4: What is the name of the galaxy that contains our Solar System?

Our Solar System is located in one of the outer arms of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is a barred spiral galaxy. The Milky Way is part of the Local Group of galaxies, which includes Andromeda, Triangulum, and about 54 other smaller galaxies.

Question 5: Who is credited with inventing the first practical telephone?

Although there was some controversy and competition around the invention of the telephone, including a legal battle with Elisha Gray, Alexander Graham Bell is officially recognized as the inventor of the first practical telephone. He was granted the first US patent for the invention of the telephone in 1876.

Question 6: What was the main goal of the Kyoto Protocol?

The Kyoto Protocol is an international treaty that commits state parties to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, based on the premise that (a) global warming exists and (b) human-made CO2 emissions have caused it. It was adopted in Kyoto, Japan, in December 1997 and entered into force in February 2005.

Question 7: What gas is most commonly associated with the warming of Earth's atmosphere due to human activity?

Carbon dioxide is a significant greenhouse gas emitted through human activities such as deforestation and burning fossil fuels. It traps heat in the atmosphere, contributing to the greenhouse effect and global warming.

Question 8: Which animal is known to have the most powerful bite in the animal kingdom?

The saltwater crocodile has the strongest bite ever measured in any living animal. Their bite force can exceed 3,700 pounds per square inch (psi), significantly more powerful than the bite of a great white shark or a lion.

Question 9: When did Spider-Man first appear in the comic books?

Spider-Man, created by writer Stan Lee and writer-artist Steve Ditko, first appeared in the anthology comic book "Amazing Fantasy" #15 in August 1962 during the Silver Age of Comic Books. Since then, he has become one of the most iconic and commercially successful superheroes.

Question 10: Who led the Soviet Union during the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Nikita Khrushchev was the leader of the Soviet Union from 1958 to 1964. During the Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962, he famously reached a compromise with US President John F. Kennedy, which ended the standoff and averted a potential nuclear war.

You got answers correct

Reactions: Liag
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #218
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

I learnt today the Saltwater Croc bites harder than The Great White, still doesn't help my fear of sharks 🦈 😳

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #218
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩

Last edited:
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #218
Question 3: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Hmm 🙄

Reactions: magpie1 and steelo5
Croc or 🦈 I got wrong.

It looks like the croc won on that one for a few of us.

SDC Trivia Game #218 - 30/12/2023

Question 1: How many elements are in the periodic table as of 2023?

There are 118 recognized elements in the periodic table as of 2023, with the most recently added ones being Nihonium (Nh), Moscovium (Mc), Tennessine (Ts), and Oganesson (Og), which were all confirmed by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) in 2016.

Question 2: What is the name of the winged horse in Greek mythology?

Pegasus is one of the most recognized creatures in Greek mythology. He sprang from the blood of the Gorgon Medusa after she was beheaded by the hero Perseus. Pegasus is often associated with wisdom and poetry and became a symbol of inspiration in art and literature.

Question 3: Where was composer Ludwig van Beethoven born?

Ludwig van Beethoven was born on December 17, 1770, in Bonn, which was then a part of the Electoral Cologne, a principality of the Holy Roman Empire. Despite his Austrian career, he was of German origin.

Question 4: What is the name of the galaxy that contains our Solar System?

Our Solar System is located in one of the outer arms of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is a barred spiral galaxy. The Milky Way is part of the Local Group of galaxies, which includes Andromeda, Triangulum, and about 54 other smaller galaxies.

Question 5: Who is credited with inventing the first practical telephone?

Although there was some controversy and competition around the invention of the telephone, including a legal battle with Elisha Gray, Alexander Graham Bell is officially recognized as the inventor of the first practical telephone. He was granted the first US patent for the invention of the telephone in 1876.

Question 6: What was the main goal of the Kyoto Protocol?

The Kyoto Protocol is an international treaty that commits state parties to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, based on the premise that (a) global warming exists and (b) human-made CO2 emissions have caused it. It was adopted in Kyoto, Japan, in December 1997 and entered into force in February 2005.

Question 7: What gas is most commonly associated with the warming of Earth's atmosphere due to human activity?

Carbon dioxide is a significant greenhouse gas emitted through human activities such as deforestation and burning fossil fuels. It traps heat in the atmosphere, contributing to the greenhouse effect and global warming.

Question 8: Which animal is known to have the most powerful bite in the animal kingdom?

The saltwater crocodile has the strongest bite ever measured in any living animal. Their bite force can exceed 3,700 pounds per square inch (psi), significantly more powerful than the bite of a great white shark or a lion.

Question 9: When did Spider-Man first appear in the comic books?

Spider-Man, created by writer Stan Lee and writer-artist Steve Ditko, first appeared in the anthology comic book "Amazing Fantasy" #15 in August 1962 during the Silver Age of Comic Books. Since then, he has become one of the most iconic and commercially successful superheroes.

Question 10: Who led the Soviet Union during the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Nikita Khrushchev was the leader of the Soviet Union from 1958 to 1964. During the Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962, he famously reached a compromise with US President John F. Kennedy, which ended the standoff and averted a potential nuclear war.

You got answers correct
Question 10: 🟥

I learnt today the Saltwater Croc bites harder than The Great White, still doesn't help my fear of sharks 🦈 😳

Your like me S/R I don't swim, but if I see a shark on the high street he's lunch?.