Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

I researched this year's ago and I'm positive the actual day started in the UK which surprised me as I thought either Italian or Greek. But Saint Valentine was definitely Roman. But Valentines Day has nothing to do with Saint Valentine
Really doesn't matter except for the fact that was my mums birthday, she used to think I was terrible because I always got pissed on her day If was away at work.

• Wow
Reactions: Suzanne rose
I researched this year's ago and I'm positive the actual day started in the UK which surprised me as I thought either Italian or Greek. But Saint Valentine was definitely Roman. But Valentines Day has nothing to do with Saint Valentine
Does it have something to do with Bugsy Malone losing 7 of his gang?
Or when the coins begin to mix on the 14th of February 1966? :unsure:

Really doesn't matter except for the fact that was my mums birthday, she used to think I was terrible because I always got pissed on her day If was away at work.
You're a bad, naughty, {LUCKY BASTARD}
Every time I GOT SMASHED, she'd read Me the RIOT ACT.
Not fair!! 🤨

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #209
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
so you get Q8 incorrect, but the same Q10 you got correct.

Question 8: Which gas is a major contributor to greenhouse effect and currently has the highest concentration in the Earth's atmosphere?​

Question 10: What gas is the biggest contributor to global warming?​

History Repeating - Name the Welsh vocalist who featured on this song by The Propellerheads,

Bonus question for the Trivia addicts who did the same quiz on Thursday.

I'll tell you the correct answer in a few hours when you all wake up!

The usual 80%. however, Question 8 is poorly worded.

No mention of water vapour which is a major player in the greenhouse gas scheme of things, but varies anywhere from 0% to 4%, dependent on local climate, temperature and location.
Hi guys this is a repeat

SDC Trivia Game #209 - 21/12/2023

Question 1: Which country is believed to be the birthplace of the Valentine's Day celebration?

The ancient Roman festival of Lupercalia, held in mid-February, is often considered to be an early precursor to Valentine's Day, with some elements of the celebration said to have influenced the present-day holiday of love. However, the St. Valentine we associate with the holiday was a Christian martyr and his feast day was placed on February 14th by the Catholic Church.

Question 2: The character Bruce Wayne is better known by what superhero alias?

Created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger, Batman first appeared in Detective Comics #27 in 1939. Unlike many superheroes, Batman does not possess any superhuman powers; he relies on his intellect, physical prowess, martial arts abilities, detective skills, science and technology, wealth, intimidation, and indomitable will.

Question 3: Which language is considered the most spoken native language in the world?

Mandarin Chinese is spoken by over a billion people as their first language. It is the official language of China and Taiwan and is one of the four official languages of Singapore.

Question 4: Which writer famously said, "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on"?

Robert Frost was an American poet known for his portrayal of rural life and his use of American colloquial speech in poetry. This quote reflects his philosophical and resilient approach to life's challenges. Frost won four Pulitzer Prizes for Poetry during his lifetime, and his works remain popular and influential.

Question 5: What company did Jeff Bezos found in 1994?

Jeff Bezos founded Amazon as an online bookstore in 1994. It has since become one of the world's largest and most influential online retailers, as well as venturing into cloud computing, AI, and various other technological and consumer service sectors.

Question 6: The term "Beatlemania" is associated with which phenomenon?

Beatlemania was the intense fan enthusiasm directed towards the English rock band The Beatles in the 1960s. It first emerged during the band's UK tour in 1963, and by the time they arrived in the United States in 1964, it had become a significant part of the "British Invasion" of the American music scene.

Question 7: Where in the human body would you find the hippocampus?

The hippocampus is a major component of the brains of humans and other vertebrates. It plays important roles in the consolidation of information from short-term memory to long-term memory and in spatial memory that enables navigation.

Question 8: Which gas is a major contributor to greenhouse effect and currently has the highest concentration in the Earth's atmosphere?

Carbon dioxide levels have risen above 400 parts per million (ppm) as of the 21st century, largely due to human activities such as burning fossil fuels and deforestation. It is one of the most significant greenhouse gases contributing to global warming and climate change.

Question 9: What is the name of the first commercially successful gasoline-powered automobile?

The Benz Patent-Motorwagen, built in 1885 by the German inventor Carl Benz, is regarded as the first true automobile powered by an internal combustion engine. It was patented and went into production in 1886, predating other commercial vehicles.

Question 10: What gas is the biggest contributor to global warming?

While other greenhouse gases like methane and nitrous oxide are potent, carbon dioxide is the most significant contributor to global warming due to its abundance in the Earth's atmosphere, primarily from the burning of fossil fuels. It accounts for about 76% of all greenhouse gas emissions.

You got answers correct
Merry Christmas 🎄 everyone

Water vapour is the main atmospheric gas and the greatest contributor to global warming. Refer to Pof Jennifer Marohasy and Prof Ian Plimer.

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #209
Question 1: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩

Best score yet. Many repeat questions so my memory must be good today 😊 Merry Christmas

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #209
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩