SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #202 - 14/12/2023

Question 1: What is the largest mammal on earth?

The blue whale is not only the largest mammal but also the largest known animal in existence. Adults can reach lengths of up to 100 feet (30 meters) and weigh as much as 200 tons (180 metric tonnes).

Question 2: The Ford Motor Company was founded by which famous American industrialist?

Founded in 1903 by Henry Ford, the Ford Motor Company is one of the largest automobile manufacturers in the world. The company revolutionized the automotive industry with the introduction of the Model T and the assembly line production method.

Question 3: When a material is cooled and its electrical resistance drops to zero, what phenomenon is observed?

Superconductivity was discovered by Heike Kamerlingh Onnes in 1911. This property allows electrical current to flow through the material without any resistance, leading to potential applications in energy transmission and magnetic levitation.

Question 4: Which Australian building is known for its unique "sails" design?

The Sydney Opera House, designed by Danish architect Jørn Utzon, is a world-renowned architectural masterpiece with its distinctive sail-like design. It was completed in 1973 and is one of Australia's most iconic landmarks.

Question 5: Which animal is the national animal of Australia?

The Red Kangaroo has become a symbol of Australia's wildlife and natural beauty since its adoption as the national animal. It is known for its unique hopping locomotion and strong hind legs.

Question 6: Who is the alter ego of Marvel's Spider-Man?

Spider-Man, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962. Peter Parker gained his superpowers after being bitten by a radioactive spider.

Question 7: Who designed the iconic Sydney Opera House?

Jørn Utzon, a Danish architect, designed the Sydney Opera House after winning an international competition in 1957. He never saw the completed building due to a disagreement with the Australian government, causing him to leave the country.

Question 8: If the kangaroo and emu are Australia's emblematic animals, what is the national flower?

The Golden Wattle was proclaimed as Australia's national floral emblem on September 1, 1988, and the day is celebrated as National Wattle Day every year.

Question 9: If you're in Australia, what common household pet might be referred to as a "budgie"?

Budgerigars, or "budgies" for short, are native to Australia and are a popular pet around the world. They are a small, colorful parrot species known for their sociable nature and playful personalities.

Question 10: Which country is known as the "Land of the Rising Sun"?

The "Land of the Rising Sun" refers to Japan as the sun rises from the East, and Japan's location in eastern Asia makes it one of the first places to see the sunrise. The Japanese flag even features a red circle to represent the sun.

You got answers correct

Reactions: peterb6a
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #202
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: peterb6a
Here we go again Q5 "which animal is the national animal of Australia?" Well there are two on the National coat of arms; One is an Emu t'other a kangaroo. But the answer is Roo. Is a Bird Not an animal?

Reactions: Jennylolo
SDC Trivia Game #202 - 14/12/2023

Question 1: What is the largest mammal on earth?

The blue whale is not only the largest mammal but also the largest known animal in existence. Adults can reach lengths of up to 100 feet (30 meters) and weigh as much as 200 tons (180 metric tonnes).

Question 2: The Ford Motor Company was founded by which famous American industrialist?

Founded in 1903 by Henry Ford, the Ford Motor Company is one of the largest automobile manufacturers in the world. The company revolutionized the automotive industry with the introduction of the Model T and the assembly line production method.

Question 3: When a material is cooled and its electrical resistance drops to zero, what phenomenon is observed?

Superconductivity was discovered by Heike Kamerlingh Onnes in 1911. This property allows electrical current to flow through the material without any resistance, leading to potential applications in energy transmission and magnetic levitation.

Question 4: Which Australian building is known for its unique "sails" design?

The Sydney Opera House, designed by Danish architect Jørn Utzon, is a world-renowned architectural masterpiece with its distinctive sail-like design. It was completed in 1973 and is one of Australia's most iconic landmarks.

Question 5: Which animal is the national animal of Australia?

The Red Kangaroo has become a symbol of Australia's wildlife and natural beauty since its adoption as the national animal. It is known for its unique hopping locomotion and strong hind legs.

Question 6: Who is the alter ego of Marvel's Spider-Man?

Spider-Man, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962. Peter Parker gained his superpowers after being bitten by a radioactive spider.

Question 7: Who designed the iconic Sydney Opera House?

Jørn Utzon, a Danish architect, designed the Sydney Opera House after winning an international competition in 1957. He never saw the completed building due to a disagreement with the Australian government, causing him to leave the country.

Question 8: If the kangaroo and emu are Australia's emblematic animals, what is the national flower?

The Golden Wattle was proclaimed as Australia's national floral emblem on September 1, 1988, and the day is celebrated as National Wattle Day every year.

Question 9: If you're in Australia, what common household pet might be referred to as a "budgie"?

Budgerigars, or "budgies" for short, are native to Australia and are a popular pet around the world. They are a small, colorful parrot species known for their sociable nature and playful personalities.

Question 10: Which country is known as the "Land of the Rising Sun"?

The "Land of the Rising Sun" refers to Japan as the sun rises from the East, and Japan's location in eastern Asia makes it one of the first places to see the sunrise. The Japanese flag even features a red circle to represent the sun.

You got answers correct
I finally got past 80 %. Now I am on 90
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #202
Question 1: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
I finally got past 80%. Now I am on 90%

Wow! At last I got 9 out of 10 correct …. they were easy. Guessed question 3 incorrectly but that was a very hard one. ❤️

Once again, I resort to Monty Python to help me with an answer "this here's the wattle, the emblem of our land…" ha ha

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #202
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #202

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #202
Question 3: 🟩
that was easier than usual

90 %, the emu and kangaroo are both on the coat of arms, yet the roo is the national animal..... go figure

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #202

Happy with that 🥹