SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #172 - 14/11/2023

Question 1: What is the name of Popeye's love interest in the popular comic strip?

Olive Oyl is a character created by E.C. Segar for his comic strip Thimble Theater (later renamed Popeye). She is the longtime love interest of the title character, Popeye the sailor.

Question 2: Which war is often referred to as "The Great War"?

World War I is often referred to as "The Great War" because of its scale and the widespread devastation it caused around the globe. It occurred from 1914 to 1918.

Question 3: Why did the television series "Breaking Bad" derive its name?

The title "Breaking Bad" is based on a southern colloquialism and it roughly means to raise hell or turn toward crime. It beautifully encapsulates the transformation of the show's protagonist, Walter White, from a law-abiding chemistry teacher to a notorious drug dealer.

Question 4: In which language does "merhaba" mean hello?

"Merhaba" is a greeting in Turkish, equivalent to "hello" in English. It is widely used in Turkey and among Turkish communities around the world.

Question 5: In chemistry, what is the symbol for the element gold?

Au is the symbol for gold on the periodic table of elements. It comes from the Latin word for gold, 'aurum'.

Question 6: What is the name of Popeye's go-to source of strength?

Popeye the Sailor became famous for boosting his strength with a can of spinach. This cartoon character had a significant effect on increasing spinach consumption in the United States during the 1930s.

Question 7: Where was the world's first public tram service established?

The world's first public tram service was introduced in Birkenhead, England in 1860. The tramway was an immediate success, and it set the standard for modern public transport.

Question 8: Who discovered the first vaccine?

Edward Jenner, an English physician, is credited with discovering the smallpox vaccine in 1796, which was the world's first vaccine. However, the term "vaccine" was later coined by Louis Pasteur to honor Jenner's discovery.

Question 9: Which part of the plant is responsible for photosynthesis?

The leaf is the primary site of photosynthesis in plants. It contains cells that use sunlight, carbon dioxide, and water to produce glucose and oxygen, the process known as photosynthesis.

Question 10: When referring to crops, what does the term "cash crop" mean?

A cash crop is one that farmers grow to sell directly on the market, rather than using it to feed their livestock or to feed their families. Examples include cotton, tobacco, and coffee.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #172
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: cardie

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #172
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩

Huge improvement for me …. Questions were much easier 🤗
Me too, I am waiting for Questions that everybody knows the answers too.
That would help my score to improve
However,I may be the only dummy who
still doesn't know the answer.
Watch this space !!!!!!

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #172
Question 4: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

SDC Trivia Game #172 - 14/11/2023

Question 1: What is the name of Popeye's love interest in the popular comic strip?

Olive Oyl is a character created by E.C. Segar for his comic strip Thimble Theater (later renamed Popeye). She is the longtime love interest of the title character, Popeye the sailor.

Question 2: Which war is often referred to as "The Great War"?

World War I is often referred to as "The Great War" because of its scale and the widespread devastation it caused around the globe. It occurred from 1914 to 1918.

Question 3: Why did the television series "Breaking Bad" derive its name?

The title "Breaking Bad" is based on a southern colloquialism and it roughly means to raise hell or turn toward crime. It beautifully encapsulates the transformation of the show's protagonist, Walter White, from a law-abiding chemistry teacher to a notorious drug dealer.

Question 4: In which language does "merhaba" mean hello?

"Merhaba" is a greeting in Turkish, equivalent to "hello" in English. It is widely used in Turkey and among Turkish communities around the world.

Question 5: In chemistry, what is the symbol for the element gold?

Au is the symbol for gold on the periodic table of elements. It comes from the Latin word for gold, 'aurum'.

Question 6: What is the name of Popeye's go-to source of strength?

Popeye the Sailor became famous for boosting his strength with a can of spinach. This cartoon character had a significant effect on increasing spinach consumption in the United States during the 1930s.

Question 7: Where was the world's first public tram service established?

The world's first public tram service was introduced in Birkenhead, England in 1860. The tramway was an immediate success, and it set the standard for modern public transport.

Question 8: Who discovered the first vaccine?

Edward Jenner, an English physician, is credited with discovering the smallpox vaccine in 1796, which was the world's first vaccine. However, the term "vaccine" was later coined by Louis Pasteur to honor Jenner's discovery.

Question 9: Which part of the plant is responsible for photosynthesis?

The leaf is the primary site of photosynthesis in plants. It contains cells that use sunlight, carbon dioxide, and water to produce glucose and oxygen, the process known as photosynthesis.

Question 10: When referring to crops, what does the term "cash crop" mean?

A cash crop is one that farmers grow to sell directly on the market, rather than using it to feed their livestock or to feed their families. Examples include cotton, tobacco, and coffee.

You got answers correct
Yay I got 7😁first time over 5