SDC Trivia Game #158 - 31/10/2023

Question 1: What was the primary written language of Ancient Egypt?

Hieroglyphics was the formal writing system used by the Ancient Egyptians. It combined logographic, syllabic and alphabetic elements and was used for religious literature on papyrus and wood.

Question 2: What is the primary purpose of a firewall in computer networks?

A firewall is a network security device that monitors and filters incoming and outgoing network traffic based on an organization's previously established security policies. Its primary purpose is to block unauthorized access while permitting authorized communication.

Question 3: If you were to refer to the Berlin Wall falling, which year would you be talking about?

The Berlin Wall, which was a physical symbol of the division between East and West Germany, fell on November 9, 1989, leading to the eventual reunification of Germany.

Question 4: If a farmer's main crop is grapes, what type of farming does he specialize in?

Viticulture is the science, production, and study of grapes. It deals with the series of events that occur in the vineyard. When the grapes are used for wine production, it is also called viniculture.

Question 5: The term "Watergate" is associated with which former U.S. President?

"Watergate" refers to a major political scandal involving the Nixon administration that took place from 1972 to 1974, which ultimately led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon. It is named after the Watergate complex in Washington, D.C., where the initial crime—the break-in of the Democratic National Committee's headquarters—took place.

Question 6: Which company produced the first mass-produced hybrid vehicle?

Toyota introduced the Prius, the world's first mass-produced hybrid vehicle, in Japan in 1997 and worldwide in 2000.

Question 7: If you had a vial of water from the River Styx, you are holding water from which mythology?

In Greek mythology, the River Styx is a deity and a river that forms the boundary between Earth and the Underworld (the domain often called after its Greek name, Hades). It is often depicted as a river of forgetfulness, and an oath sworn on the River Styx was considered the most binding oath in ancient Greece.

Question 8: Where is the world's largest rainforest located?

The Amazon Rainforest, primarily located in the Amazon Basin of South America, is the world's largest rainforest covering over 5.5 million square kilometers. It represents over half of the planet's remaining rainforests, and it comprises the largest and most biodiverse tract of tropical rainforest in the world.

Question 9: Which animal has the best vision in the world?

The mantis shrimp, a small, brightly colored marine crustacean, has the most complex visual system ever discovered. It can see an array of colors, including ultraviolet light, that humans can't perceive.

Question 10: In which year did Alexander Graham Bell invent the telephone?

Alexander Graham Bell is credited with inventing and patenting the first practical telephone. Bell was awarded the first US patent for the invention of the telephone in 1876.

You got answers correct
out of curisoity I went and looked about the animal with the best vision, everywhere said eagles, I also went and looked at another site which actually listed the shrimp as second to the shark - so it the question "the best vision" or "the colours seen".

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #158
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

I was always under the impression that the eagle had the best eyesight but there you go.

Question nines answer should have been Eagle. The question was what animal has the best vision not the most the most complex visual system, I have mentioned it once before some questions need to be more specific
concur

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #158
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩