SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #128 - 01/10/2023

Question 1: If someone sells shares in a company, and therefore, the company's stock price decreases, this is known as what?

A "Bear market" is a condition in which securities prices fall and widespread pessimism causes the stock market's downward spiral to be self-sustaining. This occurs when investors anticipate losses in a market and thus, selling increases, which further depresses the market.

Question 2: When was the Internet first invented?

The Internet was first invented in 1969 during a project financed by the US Department of Defense. The initial network, known as ARPA Net, was used to connect four university computers for quicker communication and data sharing.

Question 3: What is the name of the famous sculpture of a thinker created by Auguste Rodin?

The Thinker is one of Auguste Rodin's most famous works. It was originally created as part of a larger piece, The Gates of Hell, and has since become an independent and iconic symbol of philosophical pondering.

Question 4: What is the typical resting heart rate for an adult?

A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness.

Question 5: When was the first Superman comic released?

The first Superman comic was released by Action Comics (later to become part of DC Comics) in June 1938. Superman is considered the first superhero, marking the beginning of the superhero genre.

Question 6: When was the World Cup of Soccer first held?

The inaugural World Cup tournament was hosted by Uruguay in 1930. It was held from July 13 to July 30, and Uruguay emerged as the first ever World Cup champions.

Question 7: When is the Slavic festival of Kupala Night, traditionally celebrated with bonfires and dancing?

Kupala Night is a traditional Slavic festival that coincides with the summer solstice, marking the shortest night and the longest day of the year. It is celebrated with various customs including bonfires, dancing, and jumping over fires to purify and bring good luck.

Question 8: Where was the ancient city of Carthage located?

The ancient city of Carthage was located in present-day Tunisia on the northern coast of Africa. It was a powerful city-state that rivaled Rome and was eventually destroyed by it in the Third Punic War.

Question 9: If you were watching the show "Breaking Bad," which American state would you be primarily witnessing throughout the show?

"Breaking Bad," a highly acclaimed television show, was set and filmed in and around Albuquerque, New Mexico, showcasing the unique landscape and culture of the American Southwest.

Question 10: If Bruce Wayne is to Batman, then Tony Stark is to...?

Tony Stark is the billionaire playboy philanthropist who assumes the superhero identity of Iron Man in the Marvel Universe. His alter ego was portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

You got answers correct

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #128
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #128
Question 4: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #128
Question 5: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

I was half in and half out with the answers today.....improved by 1 from yesterday, so at least that's a + I guess.😂

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #128
Question 2: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
😁

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #128
Question 2: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥

90% today…
After guessing #2 and it was wrong…checked and my answer was correct…no where did I find 1969!!!

What animal can’t look up ?
1. Chickens
2. Dogs
3. Pigs
4. Horses
The correct answer is Pigs,due to the way their neck grows making impossible for them to look up