SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #127 - 30/09/2023

Question 1: What is the name of the fictional city where the Batman comic book series is predominantly set?

Gotham City is the fictional locale where most of the Batman series takes place. It is often depicted as a dark, crime-ridden area, reflecting the grim nature of Batman's stories.

Question 2: Where was the radio invented?

The radio was invented by Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi in the late 19th century. He is often credited as the father of long-distance radio transmission.

Question 3: Who won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 2021?

Frances McDormand won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 2021 for her role in the film "Nomadland". This was her third win in this category, she previously won for "Fargo" in 1996 and "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" in 2017.

Question 4: If an element is in the second period of the Periodic Table, how many energy levels does it have for its electrons?

The period number of an element represents the number of principal energy levels or shells that are occupied by electrons. So an element in the second period would have two energy levels for its electrons.

Question 5: When was actress Audrey Hepburn born?

Audrey Hepburn was born on May 4, 1929 in Brussels, Belgium. She's most known for her roles in classic films such as "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "Roman Holiday."

Question 6: How is a hurricane different from a tornado?

Hurricanes are large storm systems that form over warm ocean waters, while tornadoes are violent, spinning storms that occur over land. Despite their differences, both can cause massive destruction.

Question 7: When is cotton typically harvested?

Cotton plants require a long frost-free period for optimum growth, hence they are typically planted in the spring and harvested in the fall. Warm climate and rainfall are integral for its growth.

Question 8: Which mathematical term refers to a positive or negative whole number, or zero?

An integer is a number that can be written without a fractional or decimal component. It includes the counting numbers, zero, and the negative of the counting numbers.

Question 9: In which sport would you find terms like "Double Fault" and "Grand Slam"?

"Double Fault" and "Grand Slam" are terms used in the sport of Tennis. A "Double Fault" is a player's failure at both his/her first and second attempt to serve the ball, while "Grand Slam" refers to winning the four major world tournaments in the same calendar year.

Question 10: Why is Leonardo DiCaprio named Leonardo?

Leonardo DiCaprio's mother was reportedly looking at a painting by Leonardo da Vinci in a museum in Italy when she first felt him kick, hence why she decided to name him Leonardo.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #127
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Average 8/10.

Question 3 - Frances McDormand is the only one I've heard of so I went with her.

Question 5 - I get mixed up between Audrey and Katharine Hepburn. I thought they were related. How wrong I was when I looked it up.

Anyway, too many movie questions!

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #127
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Question 3: 🟥

Question 8: 🟥

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #127
Question 2: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Hmmmm not so good, ah well 🤷‍♀️

Q10 Parents must have loved the name otherwise they would have called him something else
Q7 C'mon we're Aussies!!

Reactions: Jennylolo
Average 8/10.

Question 3 - Frances McDormand is the only one I've heard of so I went with her.

Question 5 - I get mixed up between Audrey and Katharine Hepburn. I thought they were related. How wrong I was when I looked it up.

Anyway, too many movie questions!

Yep, totally agree!!

Reactions: Veggiepatch
That’s what is all about, learning, having a go, getting out of the comfort zone…see ya tomorrow!!
I love all sorts of trivia games - the music ones are good, name that tune and band, also the general knowledge ones. Country flags can be hard as there are so many of them. Until tomorrow...