SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #120 - 23/09/2023

Question 1: If you were to visit the Guggenheim Museum, in which city would you be?

The Guggenheim Museum, more formally known as the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, is located in New York City and is known for its unique spiral structure designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

Question 2: How many Star Wars films were directed by George Lucas?

George Lucas directed the original Star Wars film (Episode IV) and the prequel trilogy (Episodes I, II, III). The other films were directed by various other directors.

Question 3: Why did the producers of the "The Phantom of the Opera" originally decide to use a mask that only covered half the Phantom's face?

The half-mask design in "The Phantom of the Opera" was chosen to allow the actor playing the Phantom to still have the freedom to express and convey emotions through his uncovered face, a crucial aspect of theatrical performance. It quickly became an iconic symbol associated with the musical.

Question 4: If you see a dragon on a flag, which country's flag are you likely looking at?

The flag of Wales, known as the Red Dragon or "Y Ddraig Goch", features a red dragon on a green and white background. It is the only national flag of a UK constituent country to feature a mythical creature.

Question 5: Where was the Battle of Gettysburg fought during the American Civil War?

The Battle of Gettysburg was fought in Pennsylvania from July 1 to 3, 1863. It was the bloodiest battle of the American Civil War and is often described as the war's turning point.

Question 6: What creature, often linked with Luck, is supposedly found at the end of a rainbow according to Irish folklore?

In Irish folklore, leprechauns are often depicted as little men who hoard gold coins, which they keep in a pot that is hidden at the end of a rainbow.

Question 7: Where was Al Capone finally imprisoned for his crimes?

Al Capone, a notorious gangster of the Prohibition era, was finally imprisoned at Alcatraz, located in San Francisco Bay. While he committed numerous crimes, he was ultimately arrested and convicted for tax evasion.

Question 8: Who wrote the music and lyrics for the musical "Into the Woods"?

"Into the Woods", famous for its melodic complexity and darkly humorous interpretation of classic fairy tales, was written by Stephen Sondheim, a celebrated figure in American musical theater.

Question 9: What is the name of The Beatles' last released album?

Although Abbey Road was the last album The Beatles recorded together, Let It Be was their final album to be released. It was released in May 1970, a month after the band's breakup.

Question 10: Was the Great Fire of London in 1666 significant to England's military history?

After the Great Fire of London in 1666, many businesses faced financial ruin. To protect against future catastrophes, the concept of fire insurance was born, notably led by Nicholas Barbon. This key financial innovation helped in funding England's burgeoning navy.

You got answers correct

Not the best result.
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #120
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Question 10 was a complete guess and question 2 I'm sure George Lucas directed six . I could be wrong but I'm going to check anyway

I was wrong he directed 4

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #120
Question 5: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩

Last edited:
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #120
Question 2: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
A couple of lucky guesses again in here 😁

Question 1: 🟥

Should stop 2nd guessing & go with my gut. Also will have to brush on my geography. Keep smiling everyone.

Reactions: cardie
90% today…
Question #2…. Watching The Big Bang Theory, paid off with the answer!!
Question #10….History..n……o, complete guess, and it was wrong 😑

Reactions: cardie
Capone was transferred to Alcatraz after he was sentence to the Atlanta prison, so technically atlanta prison (penitentiary) is the correct answer. Not a Beatles fan, but even I've witnessed true Beatles fans argue over what was the last album, Let it Be or Abbey Rd. 1 was in the can before the other but for some reason was rush released in the reverse order.

Question 3: 🟥

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #120

Reactions: pixiemoon
Question 8: 🟥

Question 10 was a complete guess and question 2 I'm sure George Lucas directed six . I could be wrong but I'm going to check anyway

I was wrong he directed 4

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #120