SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #109 - 12/09/2023

Question 1: In which religion is the Bhagavad Gita a central text?

The Bhagavad Gita, often referred to as the Gita, is a 700-verse Hindu scripture that is part of the ancient Indian epic Mahabharata. It is a conversation between prince Arjuna and the god Krishna, who serves as his charioteer.

Question 2: What is the largest e-commerce company in the world?

While Amazon is very well-known worldwide, Alibaba, a Chinese company, actually takes the title for the largest e-commerce company. Alibaba's online transactions totaled about 1 trillion yuan ($157 billion) more than Amazon's in 2019.

Question 3: Which ancient civilization is known for creating an early form of paper called Papyrus?

Created by the ancient Egyptians around 3000 B.C., Papyrus was a major development in recording history and played a key role in developing their civilization.

Question 4: If a pharaoh ruled ancient Egypt, who ruled ancient Babylon?

Ancient Babylon, part of Mesopotamia, was ruled by kings. Notable kings include Hammurabi, who introduced the Hammurabi's Code, one of the oldest deciphered writings of significant length in the world.

Question 5: What is the largest species of tree in the world?

Giant Sequoias, native to California, can reach up to 279 feet in height and have a diameter of up to 30 feet. They are considered the largest trees in the world by volume.

Question 6: Why is the year 1971 significant in relation to U.S. currency?

In 1971, President Richard Nixon announced that the U.S. was officially abandoning the gold standard. Prior to this, the U.S. dollar was directly tied to gold, but after 1971, the value of the U.S. dollar became a matter of faith in the U.S. government.

Question 7: Which Broadway musical is based on a comic strip character?

Annie is a Broadway musical based on the comic strip character Little Orphan Annie created by Harold Gray. The show includes iconic songs like "Tomorrow" and "It's the Hard Knock Life."

Question 8: When it comes to rock classification, what are the three main types of rocks?

Igneous rocks form from cooling magma or lava, sedimentary rocks form from the accumulation of small particles, and metamorphic rocks are formed when heat and pressure alter other rocks.

Question 9: Who is the alter ego of the superhero Iron Man?

Tony Stark is a wealthy businessman and engineer who becomes the superhero Iron Man in the Marvel Comics universe. After suffering a severe chest injury during a kidnapping, Stark builds a powered suit of armor to save his own life and then uses the technology to become a force for good.

Question 10: Where was the World Wide Web invented?

The World Wide Web was invented by British scientist Tim Berners-Lee in 1989 while working at CERN, the European nuclear research agency based in Switzerland.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #109
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Jen77au
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #109

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #109
Question 10: 🟩

Question 10: 🟩

RE: Q2: The correct answer is:- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) is the largest e-commerce company in the world in terms of both market cap and revenue. With its international operations, Amazon beats China's market leaders in terms of revenue. While in Asia, Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA), Pinduoduo Inc. (according to Google AFTER the quiz coz i was annoyed i got it wrong)

Question 2: 🟩