Score the hottest Christmas toy of the year at Kmart – grandparents are rushing to snag it!

Gone are the days of simple teddy bears and building blocks for Christmas. Oh, how the selection of toys has grown over the years, presenting us with such a broad array of options for our little loved ones each festive season.

One thing, however, remains constant - everyone loves a bargain. And that's especially true when it comes to one of the most sought-after gifts for children this year – the Bluey Dance and Play Plush toy.

Bluey, the loveable Australian Blue Heeler pup from the popular children's show of the same name, has warmed the hearts of many. The character has become a household favourite not only with kids but also with parents (and grandparents), who secretly enjoy the down-to-earth life lessons and charmingly Aussie humour of the series.

compressed-76358975-12612641-Parents_are_racing_to_Kmart_to_pick_up_the_110_Bluey_Dance_and_P...jpeg
Originating in Australia, 'Bluey' has been a global phenomenon. Source: Facebook Markdown Addicts Australia Group.

And now, Kmart has brought joy to more families, slashing the beloved Bluey toy from an eyebrow-raising $129.99 down to a much more agreeable $39.99. That's an impressive markdown of $90 - or about 70 per cent off!

This massive discount has parents and grandparents across the country making a beeline to Kmart stores. This isn't really surprising - such a substantial price cut on a trendy toy is sure to excite any discerning grandparent on the hunt for the perfect Christmas gift.

Unfortunately, the toy doesn't appear to be available on Kmart's website, but shoppers have spotted it on shelves in stores nationwide at this discounted price.

One delighted customer, a Perth resident, initially thought the reduced price was a mistake but was thrilled when a Kmart staff member confirmed the bargain was part of their process of making room for new Christmas stock.

As word spreads, countless shoppers have shared their triumphs on social media, displaying their snazzy finds while also alerting others to where they've seen the Bluey toy flying off the shelves. Stores in Sydney, Bathurst, Geelong, the Gold Coast, and Central Queensland have all had sightings, though stocks are reportedly dwindling fast.

One ecstatic shopper who managed to grab the toy at Kmart in Coffs said, 'I have [had] this on lay-by for double the price, so super happy!'

But don't fret if you aren't lucky enough to nab the Bluey Toy from Kmart. Other retailers, like BIG W and Target, offer the same Bluey toy, although their prices are significantly higher – $110 at BIG W and $59 at Target.

Bluey's allure isn't only in her recognisability; she's also quite interactive. The plush toy boasts an impressive range of expressions and movements, like hopping on one leg and waving arms. In addition, she can say 55 phrases, sing three songs and play three games.

So, if you're looking for the ultimate Christmas gift for a young Bluey fan in your life, consider rushing down to your local Kmart. You could multiply the joy of the festive season while saving yourself a pretty penny! But remember, the early bird catches the worm – or in this case, the Bluey.

Key Takeaways
  • Shoppers are hurrying to Kmart to secure a popular toy that has been significantly reduced in price from $130 to just $40.
  • The Bluey Dance and Play Plush toy was heavily discounted in stores across Australia, prompting parents to get their Christmas shopping done early.
  • While the Bluey toy is not currently available on Kmart's website, it is being reported on store shelves across the country.
  • Bluey toys are still available for purchase at higher prices at BIG W and Target for those who missed out on the Kmart deal.

Are your grandkids into Bluey, or do you have other plans for this festive season? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
Thank goodness my days of toy buying are over ! My children all grown up, the oldest 40 yo. None of them want kids, therefor I have no grandchildren :/

Reactions: Bindii
Thank goodness my days of toy buying are over ! My children all grown up, the oldest 40 yo. None of them want kids, therefor I have no grandchildren :/
Grand children are wonderful, but it's a bit of a drain when you have 23 of them, not to mention 9 greats like us.
Called quits on presents years ago, only the littlies get presents now.
My husband had 4 daughters from his first marriage, so 17 are his along with all the greats and the other 6 grandchildren are mine.
Unfortunately they all live interstate so we don't get to see them very often.
My daughter, who has an intellectual disability, remembers all their names and every birthday. It's amazing.
We don't need a calendar LOL.

Just goes to show you how much they mark up their prices...from $130 down to $40.....and they will still make a profit on that price too. Greedy B/S/A/D/ . 🤔

Reactions: Bindii
I know the feeling "great it is".
No surprise dumped grandkids without notice, this happens to our friends all the time.
We can get on and enjoy whatever we want to do at any time without the burden.
Our Son and Daughter are career minded and won't or don't have time for kids.
Their choice with no interference from "She n Me".

Reactions: Wieso
It is actually fairly common practise in retail to move 'dead' stock at cost or, in many cases, below cost. This is done to free up space and create capital to buy new lines, particularly during peak season 🤔