Score Over $600 in Christmas Treats from Woolworths for Just 15 Cents! - Here's How

We know how hard it can be to stay on budget during the holiday season. It seems like there are a million things to buy. So, it only makes sense that we do our best to save as much money as we can while putting together our Christmas list.

One Woolworths shopper has revealed a surprising trick for nabbing a ton of holiday treats for next to nothing using her Woolworths Everyday Rewards account – and trust us when we say you don't want to miss out on this!

Sharing on TikTok, @Aine.cimaabella described in detail how she was able to score $675 worth of treats for just 15c.

The savvy bargain hunter said she first accumulated her Everyday Rewards points in January, which allowed her to accumulate a credit of $320.

She then patiently waited for Woolworths to put a large selection of discounted sweet items on sale. Only then was she able to purchase $675.50 worth of marked-down packs for only $300.15.

The shopper then used $300 of her perks to pay for her huge discount, resulting in a bill of only 15 cents.

She commented on the outcome by saying that she planned to give the chocolates away as gifts for friends and family this Christmas.

'I wanna share with you guys that I got $675 worth of chocolates from Woolworths but only paid 15 cents!' she said in the video.

'A lot of you will think this is what only mums would do. But hey, if it saves you some money, get on it!'

'I have no regrets and am grateful that I started doing this since January.'

'Woolworths will always have a few days of sales so I always keep my eye out.'

'These chocolates were about 50 to 70 per cent off when I bought them, so they went down to $300.15.'

6559d8695c9ee1410de9c1e4b9995d0f1a430bbf-161x229-x0y0w834h1186.png

To prove her savings of more than $675, the customer presented receipts on her video. Credit: TikTok/aine.cimaabella.

For those of you who might be suspecting that the chocolates are nearing their expiration date, the savvy shopper is assured that they're not going bad anytime soon.

'Don’t worry–I have checked all the dates! All good,' she noted.

The bargain hunter also showed off her payment receipts, proving that she only paid 15c for her purchases.

Meanwhile, Everyday Rewards members in Australia received an email outlining the points they had earned in 2022 and the amount of money they had saved.

If you're unfamiliar with Woolies' Everyday Rewards program, it's a loyalty program that allows shoppers to receive discounts, goodies, and special offers just for scanning their Everyday Rewards card at Woolworths. TIt's free to join the program and start earning rewards.

Each time a customer makes a shopping trip with their Everyday Rewards card at Woolworths, BIG W, or BWS, Rewards points are added to the customer's account. Woolworths explains: 'For every $2 spent, you'll receive 1 Everyday Rewards point.'

Woolworths states on its Everyday Rewards website that customers can redeem their Everyday Rewards points for discounts on their next shopping trip, instant savings via an e-voucher or loyalty card, or save them for bigger rewards later on.

An Everyday Rewards spokesperson also revealed that some members earned thousands of points from their program.

'We know now more than ever, our customers are looking for the best value, every time they shop with us,' the representative remarked.

'The Everyday Rewards program saves its members hundreds of dollars every year, by boosting offers and scanning their card every time they shop in Woolworths, BIG W and our partner stores.'

'This year, to celebrate the value members have unlocked from the program, we have sent out a ‘Rewards Yearly Roundup’ to over three million members.'

'This personalised tool shows how many points each member has accumulated and how many dollars they have saved over the year. This year, some of our savviest members have saved over $2,000.'

'The tool also shows how many metres of paper each member has saved by opting into e-receipts and their top three products purchased.'

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths supermarket shopper recently revealed how she used her Everyday Rewards account to score $675 worth of Christmas buys for just 15 cents.
  • The savvy shopper had collected her rewards points since January and waited for Woolworths to put a range of chocolates on sale, allowing her to take home $675.50 for $300.15.
  • Everyday Rewards members can expect to save hundreds of dollars per year by scanning their cards and opting into e-receipts with the program.

So, there you have it, folks! We think this tip is perfect for avid gift shoppers – and with just a few days until Christmas, this will surely come in handy.

Let us know what you think about this trick, and whether or not you think this trick is worth nabbing some bargain buys from Woolworths. And do you have any more tips when it comes to saving money during the holidays? While it’s too late to use this tip this year, why not start for 2023?

Share your thoughts with us in the comments – we’d love to hear them!

Sponsored
I scan my card every time I go through the checkouts and one time I would be asked if I would like to claim a $10 reward .... This year NOTHING ... I don't even know how many points I have. Maybe they refresh the number of point monthly so that I don't get a reward, being a pensioner it is hard gain lots of points, I guess

Reactions: Ricci and Jennie
She will be able to sit down & have a good old chocolate binge. Probably will feel ill after it.
Otherwise, she will give some for gifts.

Reactions: Ricci
I scan my card every time I go through the checkouts and one time I would be asked if I would like to claim a $10 reward .... This year NOTHING ... I don't even know how many points I have. Maybe they refresh the number of point monthly so that I don't get a reward, being a pensioner it is hard gain lots of points, I guess
There’s a rewards app you need to download and you can track your spending and your points and scan the card on the phone so you don’t actually have to carry the card - check it often and boost the offers you think you’ll buy in the app as well to get extra points. Check it out and you will find you can save money on your shop - or you can save all your points and rewards dollars for Christmas.

How much money would she have had to spend to get $320 in rewards? There is only me to shop for so it takes me forever to get my 2000 points for $10 off.

Reactions: Helenmac and Ricci
We know how hard it can be to stay on budget during the holiday season. It seems like there are a million things to buy. So, it only makes sense that we do our best to save as much money as we can while putting together our Christmas list.

One Woolworths shopper has revealed a surprising trick for nabbing a ton of holiday treats for next to nothing using her Woolworths Everyday Rewards account – and trust us when we say you don't want to miss out on this!

Sharing on TikTok, @Aine.cimaabella described in detail how she was able to score $675 worth of treats for just 15c.

The savvy bargain hunter said she first accumulated her Everyday Rewards points in January, which allowed her to accumulate a credit of $320.

She then patiently waited for Woolworths to put a large selection of discounted sweet items on sale. Only then was she able to purchase $675.50 worth of marked-down packs for only $300.15.

The shopper then used $300 of her perks to pay for her huge discount, resulting in a bill of only 15 cents.

She commented on the outcome by saying that she planned to give the chocolates away as gifts for friends and family this Christmas.

'I wanna share with you guys that I got $675 worth of chocolates from Woolworths but only paid 15 cents!' she said in the video.

'A lot of you will think this is what only mums would do. But hey, if it saves you some money, get on it!'

'I have no regrets and am grateful that I started doing this since January.'

'Woolworths will always have a few days of sales so I always keep my eye out.'

'These chocolates were about 50 to 70 per cent off when I bought them, so they went down to $300.15.'

6559d8695c9ee1410de9c1e4b9995d0f1a430bbf-161x229-x0y0w834h1186.png

To prove her savings of more than $675, the customer presented receipts on her video. Credit: TikTok/aine.cimaabella.

For those of you who might be suspecting that the chocolates are nearing their expiration date, the savvy shopper is assured that they're not going bad anytime soon.

'Don’t worry–I have checked all the dates! All good,' she noted.

The bargain hunter also showed off her payment receipts, proving that she only paid 15c for her purchases.

Meanwhile, Everyday Rewards members in Australia received an email outlining the points they had earned in 2022 and the amount of money they had saved.

If you're unfamiliar with Woolies' Everyday Rewards program, it's a loyalty program that allows shoppers to receive discounts, goodies, and special offers just for scanning their Everyday Rewards card at Woolworths. TIt's free to join the program and start earning rewards.

Each time a customer makes a shopping trip with their Everyday Rewards card at Woolworths, BIG W, or BWS, Rewards points are added to the customer's account. Woolworths explains: 'For every $2 spent, you'll receive 1 Everyday Rewards point.'

Woolworths states on its Everyday Rewards website that customers can redeem their Everyday Rewards points for discounts on their next shopping trip, instant savings via an e-voucher or loyalty card, or save them for bigger rewards later on.

An Everyday Rewards spokesperson also revealed that some members earned thousands of points from their program.

'We know now more than ever, our customers are looking for the best value, every time they shop with us,' the representative remarked.

'The Everyday Rewards program saves its members hundreds of dollars every year, by boosting offers and scanning their card every time they shop in Woolworths, BIG W and our partner stores.'

'This year, to celebrate the value members have unlocked from the program, we have sent out a ‘Rewards Yearly Roundup’ to over three million members.'

'This personalised tool shows how many points each member has accumulated and how many dollars they have saved over the year. This year, some of our savviest members have saved over $2,000.'

'The tool also shows how many metres of paper each member has saved by opting into e-receipts and their top three products purchased.'

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths supermarket shopper recently revealed how she used her Everyday Rewards account to score $675 worth of Christmas buys for just 15 cents.
  • The savvy shopper had collected her rewards points since January and waited for Woolworths to put a range of chocolates on sale, allowing her to take home $675.50 for $300.15.
  • Everyday Rewards members can expect to save hundreds of dollars per year by scanning their cards and opting into e-receipts with the program.

So, there you have it, folks! We think this tip is perfect for avid gift shoppers – and with just a few days until Christmas, this will surely come in handy.

Let us know what you think about this trick, and whether or not you think this trick is worth nabbing some bargain buys from Woolworths. And do you have any more tips when it comes to saving money during the holidays? While it’s too late to use this tip this year, why not start for 2023?

Share your thoughts with us in the comments – we’d love to hear them!

I wish this would stop…..this impression you try to give, it that everyone at all times, can get x number of items for z number of dollars at an absurdly low price. STOP it’s idiotic and this is aimed at this Newsletter….not the article. All your doing is promoting people to spend more for a minuscule so called ‘reward’. Do the Maths on it people. Nothing’s for free in this life and if it sounds too good to be true….then, guess what….! Your just making the greedy, price gouging supermarket corporactions RICHER.

I always take my $10 off when it accumulates....could get run over by a bus tomorrow, so grab it while you can. 👍👍

Reactions: Ricci and Penny4
S
I would have thought that there were more important things to spend your accumulated cash on but hey, each to their own! :)
She is so lucky and I think some people are a little jealous. She can spend the points on anything she wants. Good luck to her.

I put my money into the christmas a/c can use it from the 1st of December

Did you check if your points were being banked for Christmas? I accumulated $130 which can be used between 1st Dec and 1st January but I had to activate them on an app due to security issues. I also clocked up $280 in Flybuy dollars at Coles so I got a very handy little nest egg.

S

She is so lucky and I think some people are a little jealous. She can spend the points on anything she wants. Good luck to her.
I agree, good on her, I think maybe it's an age thing as to where we put our priorities. She obviously spends a lot to have accumulated so many rewards dollars and I would have thought money off of daily things would be a better return, that's all! :)

Did you check if your points were being banked for Christmas? I accumulated $130 which can be used between 1st Dec and 1st January but I had to activate them on an app due to security issues. I also clocked up $280 in Flybuy dollars at Coles so I got a very handy little nest egg.
I would rather have cheaper groceries than have the points, why add to the price when then make it look like they are being generous by giving points.

Reactions: Ricci and Thecla
I would rather have cheaper groceries than have the points, why add to the price when then make it look like they are being generous by giving points.
I use to work for woolies and loved accumulating the points as well. Every time I shopped I presented my card and got a 5% staff discount and added points. When I left their employ I still shopped there but then my hubby decided we needed to give Aldi a go. I didn't really want to as I wouldn't be getting my points or discount and the petrol discount was the same as everyone else. I wrote out my list and off to Aldi we went. Cruising down the first aisle and I was all a tither as I couldn't get anything I really wanted so we left and back to woolies. We had an overseas trip a couple of years after that and had to shop in Aldi whilst away there and what a change it was. When we got home hubby convinced me we needed to try Aldi again, so we did. I had my list and to my surprise there was only one or two things I couldn't get, which I quickly picked up from the Coles next door. By time we got to the checkout and through the gates my hubby estimated that we had saved $70 (which paid for our petrol). I still go to Woolies for the things Aldi just doesn't get in or their version is rather ...ummmm...well nothing to write home about......spend maybe $30. I too like having the cheaper groceries.

Reactions: Ricci and Penny4
I to saved this year I have $230 in my woolies Christmas club and I only paid a $1.60 for my groceries 😜

Attachments

• 858383D3-F1F1-453D-9AB6-0A64FDA2E1C5.jpeg
    858383D3-F1F1-453D-9AB6-0A64FDA2E1C5.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
UPDATE... on Saturday I went to Big W to get a last minute gift and told the assistant there about the points and showed her that the machine indicated that I had no points and hadn't had any for most of the year. THEN even though it showed Zilch on the screen the receipt docket showed 1900 and she told that the next shop should be enough to get a discount ... so I agree that everything is slowing down by 0.06 of a millisecond.. hehehe