Score BIG like this Coles shopper: Six packs of lamb cutlets for just $3 a pack - without any markdowns!

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we're always keeping our eyes peeled for great deals available in our local supermarkets. Now you don't have to hunt for late-night markdowns, thanks to a savvy shopper who discovered a fantastic deal on lamb cutlets at Coles.

Sharing her experience on a popular Facebook group - Markdown Addicts Australia, the woman exclaimed how she scored six packs of lamb cutlets for barely $21.72! The surprising part is that these lamb cutlets were not even marked down!

While lamb cutlets are usually priced at a steep $43 per kilo on Coles' website, this savvy shopper found them in her local store for just $15 a kilo.

Even more intriguing is that the reduced price was due to excess stock rather than discounts or markdowns.

'I never normally ever find a good deal,' the proud shopper said, revelling in her newfound treasure. 'But today, I got six packs of cutlets for $21.72. I had to freeze them straight away. But I would say no one's been buying them as they're so expensive.'

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 11.20.48 AM.png
A Coles customer took to Facebook to share her exciting purchase of six packs of lamb cutlets, all for an incredible price of just $21.72. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

Fellow Facebook users quickly joined the discussion, with many suggesting that perhaps a 'pricing error' was responsible for this incredible find.

'Good on you. That is an amazing score. It's an error in pricing,' said one observer. 'Current price is $43 per kg. No way would they deliberately reduce the price that much.'

Another person chimed in, adding: 'Someone messed up!'

In response to these comments, the original shopper remained adamant that the pricing was correct and not an error, as a friend of hers also managed to scoop up the same deal at a different Coles location.

'No, definitely correct,' she insisted. 'My friend also got them at $15/kg last night at a different location. So it won't be wrong at different locations.'

Others also agreed that the deal could be available at multiple locations, with one user explaining, 'Meat isn't prepared in-store, so, yes, a very high chance it would be at more than one location.'

The conversation sparked a wave of comments among Facebook members who shared their stories of finding impressive deals.

One user shared, 'That happened once at my local Coles with blue swimmer crabs - instead of ordering 20 individual crabs, they ordered 20 boxes. Crabs were on sale for $2 each!'

Key Takeaways

• A Coles customer shared on Facebook how she purchased six packs of lamb cutlets for just $21.72, with each tray priced between $3 and $4.
  • Many Facebook users suggested the low price resulted from a 'pricing error.'
  • The shopper insisted it wasn’t an error, as her friend also picked up packs of lamb cutlets at another Coles store for the same low price.
  • Markdown enthusiasts shared stories of similar deals they found at their local Coles store.

The lesson to be learned here is to always look for unexpected bargains, whether due to a mistake or a fair deal. Taking a moment to double-check at your nearby store could lead to a fantastic deal on high-quality meat!

Keep in mind that the extent of the discounts may differ from one store to another and ultimately depend on the decisions of Coles store managers. Nevertheless, it's always worth keeping your eyes open for these amazing discoveries. Wishing you all a successful hunt for great bargains!

Sponsored
SDC! WHAT IS THE POINT OF ANY ARTICE LIKE THIS? Lamb cutlets are still $43 per kilo here and in the other 999 store in Australia. IT IS A MARKDOWN might not be because of use by date but it was a stock control measure.
How about tell us stories about products that we ALL can have access to not just those in one location that will be a once only occurrence.
You are really for the most part a total waste of time!

SDC! WHAT IS THE POINT OF ANY ARTICE LIKE THIS? Lamb cutlets are still $43 per kilo here and in the other 999 store in Australia. IT IS A MARKDOWN might not be because of use by date but it was a stock control measure.
How about tell us stories about products that we ALL can have access to not just those in one location that will be a once only occurrence.
If SDC is 'really for the most part a total waste of time', then why are you here?

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we're always keeping our eyes peeled for great deals available in our local supermarkets. Now you don't have to hunt for late-night markdowns, thanks to a savvy shopper who discovered a fantastic deal on lamb cutlets at Coles.

Sharing her experience on a popular Facebook group - Markdown Addicts Australia, the woman exclaimed how she scored six packs of lamb cutlets for barely $21.72! The surprising part is that these lamb cutlets were not even marked down!

While lamb cutlets are usually priced at a steep $43 per kilo on Coles' website, this savvy shopper found them in her local store for just $15 a kilo.

Even more intriguing is that the reduced price was due to excess stock rather than discounts or markdowns.

'I never normally ever find a good deal,' the proud shopper said, revelling in her newfound treasure. 'But today, I got six packs of cutlets for $21.72. I had to freeze them straight away. But I would say no one's been buying them as they're so expensive.'

View attachment 22640
A Coles customer took to Facebook to share her exciting purchase of six packs of lamb cutlets, all for an incredible price of just $21.72. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

Fellow Facebook users quickly joined the discussion, with many suggesting that perhaps a 'pricing error' was responsible for this incredible find.

'Good on you. That is an amazing score. It's an error in pricing,' said one observer. 'Current price is $43 per kg. No way would they deliberately reduce the price that much.'

In response to these comments, the original shopper remained adamant that the pricing was correct and not an error, as a friend of hers also managed to scoop up the same deal at a different Coles location.

'No, definitely correct,' she insisted. 'My friend also got them at $15/kg last night at a different location. So it won't be wrong at different locations.'

Others also agreed that the deal could be available at multiple locations, with one user explaining, 'Meat isn't prepared in-store, so, yes, a very high chance it would be at more than one location.'

The conversation sparked a wave of comments among Facebook members who shared their stories of finding impressive deals.

One user shared, 'That happened once at my local Coles with blue swimmer crabs - instead of ordering 20 individual crabs, they ordered 20 boxes. Crabs were on sale for $2 each!'

Key Takeaways

• A Coles customer shared on Facebook how she purchased six packs of lamb cutlets for just $21.72, with each tray priced between $3 and $4.
  • The shopper insisted it wasn’t an error, as her friend also picked up packs of lamb cutlets at another Coles store for the same low price.
  • Markdown enthusiasts shared stories of similar deals they found at their local Coles store.

The lesson to be learned here is to always look for unexpected bargains, whether due to a mistake or a fair deal. Taking a moment to double-check at your nearby store could lead to a fantastic deal on high-quality meat!

Keep in mind that the extent of the discounts may differ from one store to another and ultimately depend on the decisions of Coles store managers. Nevertheless, it's always worth keeping your eyes open for these amazing discoveries. Wishing you all a successful hunt for great bargains!

These stories about how someone 'scored' a low cost product always seem distasteful to me. 😒They are always lauded for their 'score' because they took multiple packs (and not just two or three). It makes me uncomfortable to be praising such obvious greed. Sure this woman put the stock in her freezer, but what about the woman behind her who could have used just one pack to feed her family meat perhaps for the first time that week and didn't get any because this woman took the lot? I don't know if she did take the lot but other similar stories say they took whatever was on the shelf. Would I do this? Not a chance. I have even found the same product with two different per kilo price tags for the exact same thing and called a member of staff over to sort it out. Anything else to me would have been stealing, not something to brag about on social media about how I got something cheap!:(

I will never buy meat ever at Coles again after purchasing Pork chops from them. When I put them in the frying pan after searing the pan with a bit of butter, water ran out of them. Have experienced the same with lamb forequater chops and chicken breast.
Maria ten Lohuis

Reactions: Bindii
Nooooo don't do that.
Let Nichola, She'd do it slowly and get much more fun!
Oh. Okay. I'm a bit out of practice, but I'll give it my best shot. Can I phone a friend? She's had more experience than me....

Attachments

• chloeeyes.jpg
    chloeeyes.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 0
This site is for those who are happy to use it. With regard to your comment “you are really for the most part a total waste of time!” - If you don’t like or agree with articles on the site, do feel free to leave the site. You may or may not be missed. Sorry to be so blunt.

I’m one member who enjoys reading things here; some I agree with and some I don’t agree with BUT I am able to take each article every day with a pinch of salt and/or a heaping of sugar. I do comment if I feel the need to, but I’m also happy to read through every day although I may not like everything said or printed and I do enjoy most of the daily jokes - not all but most. This site can make the day for a lot of people out there and is not solely for one or two people around this vast country.

And to another commenter here, I agree it might look like some are being greedy by taking as many packs as they can lay their hands on but none of us know their financial situation and whether or not they need to get as much as possible for their families at the best possible price.

What do you wish SDC to do in regard to product availability? Stores and products AROUND AUSTRALIA cannot be the same every where; SDC does the best they can with what they find and let us know about. Take it or leave it with regard to the information provided. AND TO BE CLEAR - I AM NOT A STAFF MEMBER OF SDC AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO AFFILIATION OF ANY KIND WITH THEM. I’m just another new-ish member.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhondda@Benji

View attachment 22640

Key Takeaways

Yep $17kg at my supermarket yesterday! Mind you I must have been over excited because when I got home .. no lamb chops !! Rang the supermarket and I’d left them at the checkout 🫣. So $6 for four chops and $20 petrol to bring them home for dinner🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Bindii and Milica
if you don't like it go somewhere go somewhere else! nobody's making you stay here!

View attachment 22640

Key Takeaways