Score a FREE Chloé designer mini tote bag from David Jones this week

We all love a good bargain, but how about the opportunity to win a free luxury handbag? We're always on the lookout for the best deals and came across something extra special this week. Iconic Australian retailer, David Jones, is celebrating its 185th birthday by offering customers the chance to win one of two stunning designer Chloé bags!

The competition includes the trendy Chloé Woody Mini Tote bag worth a staggering $1,110, as well as the Chloé Large Woody Basket bag valued at $1,220. But as expected, there is a small catch.

1684983410930.png
The Chloé Woody Mini Tote bag, which is currently in vogue, carries a price tag of $1110. Source: Chloe

In order to enter this giveaway, customers must spend a minimum of $185 at either David Jones's Elizabeth Street or Bourke Street flagship stores in Sydney. Once you've reached the minimum spend, you'll be invited to spin the digital birthday cake in-store for a chance to win a prize.

If there's ever been a fantastic reason to treat yourself or a loved one to something special, now's the time. The contest runs from May 24th to the 28th, so you’ll have to be quick.

But wait, there's more! Apart from the luxurious Chloé bags, other prizes include a high-end Le Creuset pot whose value ranges between $300 to $1,300. To entertain shoppers, pop-up activities will be organised at stores across the country, including appearances from performance artists, complimentary champagne and desserts, historical images showcasing the retailer's fascinating past, and more.

1684983411002.png
The Chloé Large Woody Basket bag is priced at $1220. Source: Chloe

David Jones's CEO, Scott Fyfe, expressed his pride in being part of such a significant milestone event filled with exciting celebrations. 'Not many brands can say that they have inspired generations of Australians, yet here we are, 185 years later, continuing to do so,' he said.

The brand's rich history and achievements towards becoming the longest continuously operating department store globally are definitely worth celebrating.

Highlights of David Jones's journey and milestones:​

• 1838: First David Jones store opened in Sydney.
  • 1919: David Jones became the first-ever Australian retailer to deliver aerial parcels.
  • 1936: George Street, David Jones's flagship store, opened its first Food Hall—the first store to sell Coca-Cola in Australia.
  • 1948: Christian Dior presented the first-ever Dior Collection showcased outside Paris at David Jones.
  • 1954: In honour of Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Australia, a state dinner was held at David Jones's Great Restaurant.
  • 1960s: Former Prime Minister Paul Keating began his career at David Jones as a salesman in its Bankstown store.
  • 1963: Iconic Houndstooth print was announced as David Jones's official brand code.
  • 2012: Launch of David Jones's online store, catering to digital shoppers.
  • 2018: David Jones launched the Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan, aimed at equal education and employment opportunities for Aboriginal and non-Indigenous peoples.

Key Takeaways
  • David Jones is giving away two free designer Chloé bags worth up to $1,220 to celebrate its 185th birthday on May 24.
  • Customers who spend over $185 in David Jones's Elizabeth Street or Bourke Street flagship stores in Sydney can enter the competition.
  • The contest will run until May 28, and shoppers are urged to act fast.
  • In addition to the bags, other prizes include a Le Creuset pot, and customers will be greeted by pop-up activities, complimentary champagne, and desserts in stores.
Remember, the chance to score a luxurious Chloé designer bag runs only until May 28th, so make sure you visit a participating David Jones store to enter the contest. Keep your fingers crossed, and happy shopping!

Members, we would love to hear your thoughts on this birthday celebration. Are you interested in giving it a try? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Sponsored
The consumer is just paying for the name & to be seen as able to purchase this bag puts them in the plastic realm of society, where what you have and what brand names you can afford to buy, gives you your status rating! It is almost laughable, until i think about how many homeless people the price tag for this bag could feed or help in other ways. Not only are they charging such an astonomical amount for this straw/ratten whatever the bag is made off? (luxurious they claim) they are getting free advertising from the buyer using the item & putting the name Chole' out there-i wonder if they give to charities? If they do, then that is something because, then that also means some of the wealthy (the only ones that can afford to buy these bags) are in a roundabout way giving something as well! I hope they do - they have been around for a long time that i can remember, so yes they should celebrate - it wouldn't be easy to keep going for as long as they have with all the competition in the market place these days & David Jones has also been around for a long time:_) I still remember David Jones, Boans (Myer), Aherns (not any more) and others from some 60yrs ago in WA.

Yuk. String bags. Not even worth taking to the beach as the sand would get in.

I bet David Jones gets a line-up of the gullible falling for this. The cost of these bags more than likely made in China are about $3.00 - $5.00 each.

So .... "David Jones's CEO, Scott Fyfe, expressed his pride in being part of such a significant milestone event filled with exciting celebrations. 'Not many brands can say that they have inspired generations of Australians, yet here we are, 185 years later, continuing to do so,' he said."

No wonder companies fail because of CEO exactly like him.

Here's my equation.

1685075158104.png

Reactions: Milica
Is it age that makes us realise how foolish to follow fashion trends or be asked to pay well over $1000 for any handbag to be noticed? I always thought fashion, not the high fashion only models can wear with aplomb, but those found in the dress and fashion wear shops, was a clever way to make people wear what most others do, but lacking individualism and like sheep, following trends as if an iconic goddess. I was blessed with being able to sew reasonably until this year (darned fingers fumble) my own simple styles and not adhering entirely to the fashion trends. I love colour and fabrics more! :+}

• Love
Reactions: Ezzy and Milica
If they really want to make the prizes worth going for they should make it something working people or a pensioner can use not something a rich person would buy & never use because they already too many they don't use now. The idea of such a pricey spend in order to enter is unfair. Are companies on the brink of going under?

Reactions: Milica