joroma

Jul 15, 2023
SCAMS ON FACEBOOK

Members BE AWARE OF THE HARVEY NORMAN DELL LAPTOP FOR $3 SCAM ON FACEBOOK!
feel sorry for MY HIGHLY EDUCATED SELF, as i fell for it. gave all my details and then REALISED AT THE END OF THE PAGE WAS AN ADRESS IN IRELAND!!! Immediately contacted my bank. sad but true story!
PS: I REPORTED THIS TO FACEBOOK AND THEY CAME BACK SAYING THAT THEY HAVE NOT DELETED, IT AS IT WAS NOT AGAINST THEIR 'COMMUNITY STANDARDS'???!!!
i think the same people have put up other such scams as i have seen similar about iphones from jb hifi. WORST PART IS AS SOON AS I TAPPED REPORT, IT JUST DISAPPEARED AND THERE NO WERE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS FROM FACEBOOK TO CHECK ABOUT IT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I nearly got trapped by one of these kind of e mails as I usually delete them, what saved me was not having an I phone, after filling in all of the form the last part asked the question what is your phone number when I put in my direct number a sign popped up saying not valid.

I have also reported multiple scams to Facebook, only to be told it does not go against their protocol. It seems facebook doesn't give a damn about their users.
I know someone who came across a scam on FB market & posted a warning about it being a scam . They received a warning from FB about it but the scam was allowed to stay.

Be very careful on Facebook there are supposed dress shops mostly in Melbourne and Sydney saying they are closing down ! Same dresses on all the sites but different names. I ordered one and it arrived from USA and cost a lot more than I expected what with the exchange rate and postage. I only order from companies I know now. The dress was crap to boot !
Probably most of the ads on FB are fake!

I had in a similar situation and nothing was done about it so now I don't buy anything from Facebook.

All we can do these days is warn each other. It's out of control. I'm no longer accepting friend requests, even from those I have known for 50 years. You can tell by the silly questions they ask. "Hi, how you going, hope the family are all well?" So I write back and say "Mums doing fine" and they respond I know they are fakes because my Mum died 40 years ago. We can't control it so all we can do is fight back and share the knowledge.

Reactions: Chicky and Leanne D
I almost fell for it, but stopped before finalising it. So sorry that you got caught. Isn't it about time that Facebook took responsibility for the Ads it allows on its pages!!!

Reactions: maherdj
Be very careful on Facebook there are supposed dress shops mostly in Melbourne and Sydney saying they are closing down ! Same dresses on all the sites but different names. I ordered one and it arrived from USA and cost a lot more than I expected what with the exchange rate and postage. I only order from companies I know now. The dress was crap to boot !
Probably most of the ads on FB are fake!
Got caught many years ago for shoe advert on fb one pair arrived crap and wrong size,other pair never eventuated. Luckily lost under $40 . So forewarned , forearmed never again , lesson learnt

Scams on FB nah, ha ha ha if it's to good to be true it probably is. FB is a evil and had ran it's best before. It goes to show like sheep to the slaughter. History will look back at this gullible and naive generation as the scammers period😂
I don't think we are gullible or naive, the scams circulating now are so sophisticated it is very very hard to suss out. On saying that, we must be very vigilant, but not critical, of honest people being bamboozled.

Reactions: maherdj
All we need to do is......go to the shops and buy your items...or direct from the store if you want items delivered. Never click any adds on FB or any other platform.

Got caught many years ago for shoe advert on fb one pair arrived crap and wrong size,other pair never eventuated. Luckily lost under $40 . So forewarned , forearmed never again , lesson learnt
Do a search before you buy anything online. Saves heartache in the long run.