SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
S

Snosoo

Apr 8, 2023
Scam warning!!

Be careful SDC friends. I purchase goods from a reputable company called TEMU, & entered a competition to win a box of goods for $3. The post was very typical of a TEMU ad, so I thought I'd be safe to enter.......WRONG!!! A company called Cmmazeebuild.com took my $3 & told me they'd debit my account by $150 per month!!! My bank has been notified. This competition is advertised on face book & I should have thought twice. 🙄😏

Good warning, it is too easy to see something that seems too good to be true and click.
It is the same for all those saying uncollected luggage selling for $3. I look at the comments and then see if the same people comment on all the other posts. I then comment their house must be fill to the brim with stuff before reporting the post.

My bank (NAB) blocked my credit card when I was about to purchase sale items on FB from Adairs. I thought it was genuine but, no, it was a fake website. NAB told me that the majority of ads on FB are fake / scams. I'll never click on a FB ad again! Be warned people 😕

I don't know why people keep clicking on FB ads?🙄There's lots of those $3 ones keep appearing and they always have photoshopped price labels.

Don't leave comments on them as they know you've clicked on it and will end up with more of them appearing. Just report it to FB, who are useless anyway, or even to the original company. They're always grateful.

If anyone likes the look of anything they want to buy on FB, go to the companies website and buy direct from them.

I had a pest claiming to be from Amazon yesterday, I finally hung up on him and have reported to Amazon, my bank, telstra and scam watch. Be careful members, they are very convincing. Just hang up on them. I wish someone could take these fraudsters down. It was from and (03) number.

My girlfriend got caught by a Harvey Norman scam for vacuum cleaner for $80. Lucky she realised as soon as she sent her bank details. After immediately notifying the bank they closed her credit card.

I got caught by the same set-up but it was Amazon with over stocked warehouses but it was picked up when we were going through our credit cards statement. We thought it was our monitored security. Got bank to investigate.

Reactions: Colleen Watson
BEWARE of ANIMAL REHOMING pages on Facebook. for Australia. I did background on about 10 of them and thus I am sure they’re are ALL fake. I was looking at getting cats. Only sade way is to go to the actual pounds and animal shelters

any commercial sites on Facebook are scams....dont use them .why on earth would any business even use them. its not exactly 'yellow pages' its supposed to be a social site. .. if you see a product there that you like google it and seek real suppliers.. just about every product has a competitor

Reactions: Colleen Watson
If I want to buy anything on Temu, I visit their website..I don’t use the app.
I’ve never had an issue with Temu..always found them honest.
also if you ever see the ad about a pallet of Temu mystery items, it’s also a scam.
Temu doesn’t do this.
the beauty about using Temu..they actually stand by their money back guarantee if your unhappy with an item, or it’s not as described.
although a supposedly Chinese company, they’re pretty ok.

I had a similar thing happen with Thompson Boutique- purchased a $9.99 top with free postage…. Because I was a little suspicious I paid on my credit card as they send a verification code for you to enter, which I did. Checked my card a couple of days later and there were TWO transactions for the company- the $9.99 which was correct and another for $179. I immediately put in an unauthorised payment alert to my credit card company, but Thompson Boutique reckoned I signed up via a pop up to $179 EVERY THREE MONTHS so I. Oils get free postage!!! (On a $9.99 top - I don’t think so! …. So do watch out
Btw - the top which looked great on their photos was diabolical quality!!