Jan A

Dec 16, 2021
Sydney
Scam purporting to be from N A B

Another scam message arrived today, purporting to be from "N A B":

"Please be aware that the concern alert on your profile highlights must be resolved right away. Click the following link to complete your validation process.
Via our electronic message service, you can get free notifications from us by email or text message." A link labelled "Sign in" is provided. The return email is "[email protected]".

What is a "concern alert on your profile highlights"?? What does "free notifications" mean - do others charge for "notifications"?? Apart from the wording being almost meaningless, a big bank would not send out an alert message via text with no identifying details either of the recipient or sender.

This is another one for the bin.

Scam purporting to be from N A B

Another scam message arrived today, purporting to be from "N A B":

"Please be aware that the concern alert on your profile highlights must be resolved right away. Click the following link to complete your validation process.
Via our electronic message service, you can get free notifications from us by email or text message." A link labelled "Sign in" is provided. The return email is "[email protected]".

What is a "concern alert on your profile highlights"?? What does "free notifications" mean - do others charge for "notifications"?? Apart from the wording being almost meaningless, a big bank would not send out an alert message via text with no identifying details either of the recipient or sender.

This is another one for the bin.
most spam emails are just higglepigglety. just like my spelling.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I type a new message, that goes to drafts and have many on file. When Phishing lines land in my Email Pond, I then then copy and paste and send the appropriate one off to scammers before junking them junking the sent file then deleting them from junk.

I know it sounds like a lot of effort, but it entertains me, and it's just like shooing Blowflies away, here's one of the prepared earlier replies, that I send off to collect your parcel scams...

I don’t know how things are done in India, but here in Australia, the post office notifies us through our local outlets, that we have a package waiting.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to order anything at all online, without our name and address being included with our payment. Give it a go and you’ll discover you can’t.

Also, EVERY DELIVERY COMPANY HAS A NAME that can be validated by google....

I sign off with an EXPLETIVE!

it keeps me amused.

I got a very poor excuse of an invoice from PayPal saying that they were going to debit $636.27 for my bitcoin order. I’m not into bitcoin nor do I have a PayPal account. Block & delete with all the others.

I got a very poor excuse of an invoice from PayPal saying that they were going to debit $636.27 for my bitcoin order. I’m not into bitcoin nor do I have a PayPal account. Block & delete with all the others.
I get about 23 scam emails a fortnight on average, plus phone scams, plus soiled doves on my phone saying to message them.

I have had SEVEN of them contact me since December...(sigh) I am living the life of a rockstar, with all this attention.

Is anyone else being bombarded?...

I wish they would do this to our parliamentarians, that'd soon put a stop to it.

I received an email this morning saying to me that $419 will go off my PayPal account to pay r annual for McAfee. It said if I did not request it I must call thenumber supplied. when I called, my phone said it was a suspicious number. The guy asked me to go to an App called "anydesk". I have had a similar in January when I was going to be scammed for $8000. But I knew something.g was not right and cut the call.I did the same today.

I get about 23 scam emails a fortnight on average, plus phone scams, plus soiled doves on my phone saying to message them.

I have had SEVEN of them contact me since December...(sigh) I am living the life of a rockstar, with all this attention.

Is anyone else being bombarded?...

I wish they would do this to our parliamentarians, that'd soon put a stop to it.
Yes.