SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Scam Alert: Fake Kitten Breeders

My goodness members! We have had so many emails today about scams which just breaks my heart. This scam was sent in by member Kevin B. who unfortunately fell victim to it and lost $500 of his savings. This is what Kevin had to say:

The scammers post kitten pictures and reply quickly to any requests. They supply an email address and a phone number. They answer the phone. Unfortunately I was sick at the time and could not travel. They offered to bring the kitten to Melbourne however asked for a $500 deposit. I agreed as I could not drive to Warrnambool. As soon as the deposit was paid contact ceased. Phone number cancelled and no response to emails. Their tactic is to advertise from a remote rural location with a reduced asking price compared to Melbourne breeders. The advertisement has breeder references and looks genuine. They were on gumtree. Hope your input will save others.

Thank you so much for sharing this Kevin - and other members, please be on alert!