Say goodbye to dust and dirt in your handbag forever with this amazing $30 gadget

Do you ever find yourself rooting around in your handbag like a truffle pig, searching for that one pesky crumb or speck of dirt that's causing all the chaos? Or do you just throw in the towel and try to ignore it, hoping it'll magically disappear?

For many of us, ridding our bags of dust and grime can feel like a tedious, never-ending task. It's one of those easy-to-forget weekly chores, but it's also a necessity if you want to keep your bag and its contents looking clean and fresh.

Luckily, there's a ‘great gadget’ we can use to make this task a walk in the park.

Sometimes, it's little inventions or pieces of technology that make basic chores that much easier to tackle.

Aussie cleaning guru and mum-of-two Carolina McCauley shared the perfect tool to banish dust and dirt from her bag in seconds.

clean.jpg
Carolina posted her recommendation on Instagram. carolina.mccauley/Instagram

'I found a way to keep my bags from getting dirty,' she said before introducing her viewers to the Clean Ball.

The $30* sticky German-made ball has amazed Carolina’s followers with its efficiency in collecting hard-to-reach crumbs and debris from handbags.

As she explained during her demonstration, this smart little 'magnet for dirt' takes less than a minute to use and all you have to do to use it is pop it into your handbag, let it roll around and collect all the dirt, crumbs and lint, and then wash it off in the sink.

‘It actually works; my bag is clean. Just give it a wash and it’s ready to go again,’ she explained.

The trendy cleaning gadget has received glowing reviews online for its reusability and efficiency.

‘I find the Clean Ball excellent. It has already been collecting debris for several months in my bag,’ shared one woman.

‘I hate the tiny crumbs in my bag,’ one man stated, before adding that the Clean Ball was a ‘super invention’.

clean2.jpg
The Clean Ball can be purchased at their official store for only $12.99 plus shipping. Credit: The Clean Ball

However, some of Carolina’s followers were less than impressed.

‘You can just empty the bag and while it’s upside down, tap a few times and everything that’s not supposed to be there will fall out,’ one said.

Another one admitted that this gadget was only for people who had ‘money to waste’.

When it comes to cleaning delicate materials such as handbags and other items, proper care should always be taken to avoid damage or discoloration. While some cleaning methods may be tempting, such as tossing the item in the washing machine or using a high-powered vacuum, this can do more harm than good and may lead to irreparable damage. Instead, a variety of different cleaning methods can be used to restore its shine and remove dirt and grime.

For example, if your bag is nylon, you can gently hand-wash it with mild soap and rinse with water. Dry it by pressing it against a large, clean towel and when most of the moisture has been absorbed, leave the bag to air dry for a couple of hours.

For leather bags, mix a solution of warm water and dish soap. Dip a soft cloth into it, wring out the excess water, and gently wipe the leather surfaces. Then, use another damp cloth to wipe off the soap. Do not run the bag under running water. Afterwards, dry it with a towel.

Key Takeaways

• An organised mum-of-two has impressed her followers with an 'amazing' gadget called the Clean Ball which collects hard-to-reach crumbs and debris from her handbag in seconds.
  • The $30 sticky ball is reusable and has glowing reviews online.
  • While many praised the cleaning tool, some people suggested that simply tipping your handbag upside down and shaking out the crumbs would be more economical.
Do you have any nifty gadgets that you use to make everyday life easier? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
why are there crumbs? If you have food why isn't it in a bag of its own first. Easy.
Exactly, who would put a food item in their handbag without a wrapping of some sort on it. I never put food in my handbag, with all the keys, purse, tissues, wipes, personal items like lipstick, if I wore it, it is not the most hygienic place to put any sort of food.

Reactions: Jennylolo
Another truly "first world" problem and answer. I'll guarantee there are lots of Australians who need the $30 to put food on the table for their families in these desperate times. Whatever is putting crumbs in your bag would be doing much more good in the mouths of the poor.