• 240 grams plain flour - See Note 4
• 4 teaspoons baking powder - See Note 4
• salt and pepper, to taste

• Note1: used any pumpkin you may have
• Note2: can use 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
• Note3: used cheddar or tasty cheese
• Sift flour and baking powder together - twice

Instructions

• Cook your pumpkin cubes by either roasting in oven until soft and caramelised, (this is my preference method) or steaming until soft and cooked through in the microwave for 4-5 minutes.
• Place your frozen or chopped spinach in a bowl and cover with your hot cooked pumpkin.
• Cover with cling wrap and leave to sit whilst your oven preheats and you prepare the other ingredients.
• Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Grease a muffin tray or line with paper muffin wraps and set aside. See Note1
• Combine your eggs and milk and gently mix in the pumpkin, spinach, zucchini and cheeses.
• Season with salt and pepper
• Mix in flour and baking powder, mixing until just combined. See Note 2
• Scoop the batter into your prepared muffin tin, filling to the top (as the batter is thick and will not spill out)
• Bake muffins for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through (a skewer inserted into the middle, removes clean and they feel solid when touched on the top) and golden on top.
• Allow to cool before removing your muffins from their tins to cool completely.
• These muffins can be eaten hot, room temperature or chilled depending on you preference.
• Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
• They freeze well - wrap individually, defrost and eat whenever. Great for the lunchbox.

• Note 1: I make mine in jumbo silicone muffin pans, line with muffin wrap and give each wrap a light spray with food release spray. Muffins have a tendency to stick to the paper.
• Note 2: Do NOT over mix batter, this will result in a tough muffin.

Enjoy!!

This recipe comes from Author: Southern In Law….I have made a couple adjustments to suit my preference

Attachments

• IMG_2559.png
    IMG_2559.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Suzanne rose
Sponsored