Save thousands on designer fashion with this $49 Kmart item!

As the chilly winds of winter start to blow through the streets, it's time to wrap up in something warm and stylish.

For budget-conscious shoppers, splurging on high-end fashion can seem out of reach.

That's where Kmart steps in, offering a cosy solution that will not require dipping into the holiday fund.

The latest buzz among savvy shoppers is the $49 Teddy Longline Jacket from Kmart.

The prized find is the 'perfect dupe' for the luxurious Max Mara Teddy Bear coat and its hefty price tag of $6,150.

This affordable Kmart version is not only a fraction of the cost, it also captures the essence of the high-fashion trend embraced by celebrities and fashionistas alike.

Kmart's teddy longline jacket boasts a 'biscuit’ colourway, similar to the Max Mara coat.

While made from polyester, it does not skimp on style.

compressed-Photo_20240409_082124_0000.jpeg
The $49 Kmart Teddy Longline Jacket promises comfort and cosiness during the cooler months, and is the ‘perfect dupe’ for the elusive Max Mara Teddy Coat. Image Credits: Kmart, Max Mara

The jacket features a flattering longline design, a lapel neck, long sleeves, two front welt pockets, a button closure, and a practical yet chic mid-length cut.

In contrast, the Max Mara Teddy Bear Icon Jacket is crafted from a sumptuous blend of camel hair on a silk base and comes in a classic camel colour.

It includes upscale details like branded lining, horizontal welt pockets, and horn buttons, contributing to its luxury status and price point.

The Kmart find has sparked a flurry of reactions, with many shoppers expressing their delight at the cosy and stylish jacket.

'Can't wait to cosy up in this with a glass of wine,' one comment read.

'The cosiest jacket I have ever seen', another comment said, affirming that the jacket has been a hit with those looking for warmth and style on a budget.

However, some shoppers feel the Kmart jacket missed the mark.

'They look like dressing gowns,' one comment said.

'Sorry Kmart, looks cheap.'

Of course, looking for budget dupes of high-end brands isn’t the only way to save while looking stylish.

A clever Kmart shopper shared a viral tip a while back, revealing how to score affordable fashion finds by venturing into the kids' section.

Shoppers, especially those who fit an AU 10, can snag cute and cosy pieces like a teddy jacket for just $15.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart has released a $49 teddy longline jacket that shoppers claim is a perfect dupe for Max Mara’s $6,150 Teddy Bear coat.
  • The budget jacket has received mixed reactions online, with some enamoured by its cosiness and price, while others criticise it as looking cheap or like a dressing gown.
  • Another Kmart shopper shared a tip on scoring discounts by purchasing oversized jackets from the kids’ section, with her tip becoming viral.
  • Kmart's budget-friendly jacket and the hack to shop in the kids' section have been well-received online.
Have you found a great fashion dupe or have a shopping tip of your own? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Might be nice for someone, but I think it looks like a coat a lady would wear over her warm clothes in Alaska.
must be nice to have so much money you can afford to buy that awful expensive one. So many people are up themselves. The KMart one looks warm and cuddly. I'd buy it if I lived somewhere cooler.

Reactions: Macarj and Penny4
must be nice to have so much money you can afford to buy that awful expensive one. So many people are up themselves. The KMart one looks warm and cuddly. I'd buy it if I lived somewhere cooler.
The expensive coat is due to being made out of natural camel hair, whereas the Kmart one contains polyester which is a kind of plastic. In this case, we get what we pay for. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The expensive coat is due to being made out of natural camel hair, whereas the Kmart one contains polyester which is a kind of plastic. In this case, we get what we pay for.
I'd get what I paid for WARM. Why kill a camel just to get a coat? Doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if the hair is collected after the camel had died naturally.

Reactions: TheBear
Why criticize somebody just because they can spend more than you

Reactions: PattiB
I had one of these in early 60s it was called a Teddy bear coat. Mind you this was in UK . I was slimmer and it was fabulous to wear and warm. Wouldn't buy one now as I would look like a beached whale , is it washable or has to be dry cleaned. Mine was turquoise was never quite as fluffy after first clean

I had one of these in early 60s it was called a Teddy bear coat. Mind you this was in UK . I was slimmer and it was fabulous to wear and warm. Wouldn't buy one now as I would look like a beached whale , is it washable or has to be dry cleaned. Mine was turquoise was never quite as fluffy after first clean
More like a grizzly 🐻 bear.

l had a camel haired coat in the UK too in my teens ,
lt was beautifully styled lasted for ages and worth the money.This is going to cause a flurry but Australian clothes are so daggy with no style at all.l don't mean to be offensive.

Reactions: Littleboy8