Save hundreds in fashion with this $25 Kmart gem!

As the colder weather sets in, it's time to cosy up in style without breaking the bank.

The latest buzz among savvy shoppers is all about a $25 Kmart find hailed as the 'perfect dupe' for a celebrity-adored designer fleece jacket worth over $200.

Yes, you read that right—a stylish steal that keeps both the cold and the spending at bay!

The Active Womens Sherpa Button Jacket ($25) from Kmart is causing quite a stir, with customers comparing it to the Free People’s Hit the Slopes Fleece Jacket ($230.88), a high-end piece that's graced the shoulders of style icons like Hailey Bieber and Kaia Gerber.

But why pay the hefty $230.88 price tag when you can sport a similar look for a fraction of the cost?

photo.jpg
This $25 Kmart jacket (left) was hailed as the ‘perfect dupe’ for Free People’s $230 jacket (right). Credit: Kmart / Free People

This budget-friendly jacket is crafted from a cosy blend of polyester and teddy fleece, complemented by a warm sherpa fabric.

It boasts a high neck, long raglan sleeves with elastic cuffs, and a front snap button closure, adding a touch of chic simplicity.

The woven chest pocket and two front pockets with zipper closure offer practicality without compromising style.

In contrast, the designer version is made from '100 per cent polyester' and features nylon pockets, zipper pockets, a button-front closure, and elastic cuffs, available in 16 different colours.

Free People pitches their jacket as ‘perfect to layer over activewear or streetwear’.

The fashion find has taken social media by storm, with a post comparing the two jackets racking up comments from excited shoppers.

'Omg, it’s identical,' exclaimed one user, while another humorously confessed, 'Don’t need this jacket, but do I want it? Yep.'

And many are ready to hit 'add to cart' on this budget-friendly fashion piece.

But Kmart's prowess in providing high-quality dupes doesn't stop at clothing.

The retail giant has also been making waves in the kitchenware department.

Consumer experts from the advocacy group CHOICE put 38 frying pans and 24 saucepans to the test, and Kmart's offerings outshone even the most prestigious brands.

The $19 24cm Frypan and the $20 20cm Stainless Steel Saucepan with Aluminium Encapsulated Base emerged as the low-cost standouts, surpassing the performance, ease of use, and durability of competitors like Scanpan, Le Creuset, and Tefal.

Shoppers who've already made the switch are singing praises on social media.

One customer shared, 'I have the frypan, and it is excellent,' while another remarked, 'I have the Kmart frypan, and it is way better than my old Scanpan!'
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers are excited about a $25 fleece jacket that resembles a designer item worn by celebrities, which sells for over $200.
  • The Kmart Active Womens Sherpa Button Jacket has become popular as a 'dupe' of the Free People’s Hit the Slopes Fleece Jacket.
  • CHOICE consumer experts have praised a $19 Kmart frying pan and a $20 saucepan for outperforming more expensive brands.
  • The Kmart kitchenware received positive feedback from customers who confirmed their high performance compared to other high-end brands.
Have you discovered any incredible budget-friendly dupes lately? Share them with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Liag
Sponsored
The jacket is alittle too short.

I picked up a few great Sherpa jackets from Rockmans for $20 rrp $99 they often have them on sale and the quality is better than the kmart ones and longer

I purchased this jacket in this colour and one in black rrp $149 they have it on sale for $20
Screenshot_20240422_074643_Gallery.jpg

I've previously purched these jackets as well and they are soft and really warm.
On sale atm for $20

Screenshot_20240422_074652_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240422_074659_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: