Samantha Armytage shares her deep pain over family tragedy: ‘My heart is completely broken’

In the wake of an unimaginable tragedy, families often find themselves grappling with the pain and heartache of losing a loved one.

Whether sudden or expected, the loss of a family member leaves a void that can never truly be filled.

Samantha Armytage, the beloved host of Farmer Wants a Wife, recently shared a heart-wrenching loss that has left her and her fans in deep sorrow.

The television presenter took to social media to announce the passing of her cherished dog, Banjo—a loss that has left her heart 'completely broken'.

In a touching post, Samantha shared the devastating news of Banjo's sudden passing.

Accompanied by a famous quote from Winnie the Pooh, ‘How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard,’ she expressed her profound grief over the loss of her 'darling boy’.

photo (2).jpg
Samantha Armytage shared photos with her ‘darling boy’, Banjo. Credits: Instagram / Samantha Armytage

'Three weeks ago yesterday, I said goodbye to my darling boy, Banjo,' she wrote.

'My heart is completely broken. He was my best mate, my baby and my shadow...and I don’t know what I’m going to do without him.'

‘He has gone before his time—he was staying with dad near Wagga, and we think he may have been bitten by a snake. It was very sudden, and I want to thank our vet[erinarian] who fought so, so hard to save him. We are all so sad.’

She ended her post by saying, ‘There is another star in heaven these days. Vale Banjo.’

Samantha's post was a heartfelt tribute to Banjo, featuring a series of photos that traced his journey from a playful puppy to a loyal companion.

The images showcased Banjo's loving nature, from snuggling up to Samantha at home to accompanying her on work duties and photo shoots.

The news of Banjo's passing has struck a chord with Samantha's followers, many of whom have experienced the heartbreak of losing a beloved pet.

The comments section was flooded with condolences and messages of support, with many sharing their own stories of loss.

'Banjo was divine…And he adored you and was like your shadow. I am so, so sorry, Sam.' wrote one friend who had met Banjo.

The Morning Show host Larry Emdur also expressed his condolences, writing, 'Oh noooooo…that’s very sad…sending lots of love.'

'Our fur-legged family leaves their paw prints on our hearts. The girls, Pete, and I are sending you all of our love,' TV personality Jessica Rowe said, empathising with Samantha's loss.

‘I’m so sorry, I know exactly how you are feeling,’ wrote one commenter.

‘No words [can] describe [the] loss of a dog, especially so soon, sending hugs,’ another said.

Banjo's passing marked Samantha's first Instagram post since the start of the new year.

Her previous post, shared on January 1, was a heartwarming picture of her niece Lucia with Banjo, captioned, 'Two of my faves.'

304.jpg
‘Two of my faves’, Samantha wrote on this image of her niece, Lucia, with Banjo. Credits: Instagram / Samantha Armytage

Banjo was a frequent feature on Samantha's social media, and his playful antics and loving nature had endeared him to her followers, with many feeling as if they knew him personally, so his loss has been deeply felt.

'Oh, Sammy. I’m so, so sorry. Banjo was such a beautiful boy,' one follower wrote.

'Sending you the biggest hug and remembering that adorable golden nugget xx.'

Famous people like Samantha share a part of their lives with people through social media and receive their support during times like this.

Recently, Bindi Irwin, daughter of the late Steve Irwin, also expressed her heartbreaking loss over the death of one of their beloved Australia Zoo family members. You can read the full story here.

The loss of a pet is a profound and deeply personal experience. They are not just animals but family members who provide unconditional love, companionship, and joy.

Samantha's loss of Banjo is a reminder of the deep bond we share with our pets and the profound grief that comes with their passing.

Key Takeaways
  • Samantha Armytage, host of Farmer Wants a Wife, mourned the loss of her beloved dog, Banjo.
  • Banjo’s passing was sudden, possibly due to a snake bite, while staying with Samantha's father.
  • Armytage paid tribute to Banjo on social media, where followers and friends offered condolences.
  • Banjo was a significant presence on Armytage's social media, making his loss deeply felt among her followers.

Did you also like seeing Banjo on Sam’s social media accounts? Do you have pets of your own? Share with us your stories with them in the comments below.

Sponsored
Wow, we're reporting on the loss of a so-called celebrity's dog now??
I find this story more appropriate than hearing of some wannabe entertainer's, namely Bruce Springsteen, whose mother shuffled off several weeks ago.

Lovely looking pooch. RIP.

The more people I meet....the more I love my dog.

So sad for you Sam. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose your 4 legged baby. I still miss my girl Gigi and it has been years since her passing over that rainbow bridge. They love us unconditionally and we love them the same way. I pray that the days and weeks make it more bearable for you.

When my husband was in ICU fighting for life, my darling Ninny kept me from going over the edge. After a long vigil at the hospital, my girl met me at the door, did the search for daddy then cried at my feet. Then she lay on my knee while I poured my heart out, and, didn't move an inch. I don't think I would have coped going to an empty home every night. I will forever hold my gorgeous girl close to my heart.
We lost her a bit over a year ago. It took a long time to come to terms with her loss. Part of the mourning for the loss of a fur baby is to voice it. I get Sam's need to acknowledge how much Banjo meant to her.
Only someone who has suffer the same loss will understand.

When my husband was in ICU fighting for life, my darling Ninny kept me from going over the edge. After a long vigil at the hospital, my girl met me at the door, did the search for daddy then cried at my feet. Then she lay on my knee while I poured my heart out, and, didn't move an inch. I don't think I would have coped going to an empty home every night. I will forever hold my gorgeous girl close to my heart.
We lost her a bit over a year ago. It took a long time to come to terms with her loss. Part of the mourning for the loss of a fur baby is to voice it. I get Sam's need to acknowledge how much Banjo meant to her.
Only someone who has suffer the same loss will understand.
A truly heartfelt post. 😿

• Sad
Reactions: Loubeauxarts