"Run, don't walk", this Kmart designer bag dupe is all the rave right now!

When it comes to keeping up with the latest fashion trends, you know Kmart will never let you down.

And these past few weeks, it's all about multi-pocket crossbody bags.

To our fashion-savvy members, you may have noticed that a number of high-end designers, even mid-market and discount retailers, are all releasing their own versions of the trending crossbody bag.

The biggest names on the list are Louis Vuitton with its crossbody monogram canvas, See By Chloe with its Medium Tilly camera bag, and of course, the crowd-favourite Poppy Lissiman crossbody bags.

However, these designer bags usually cost hundreds of dollars (with the LV one costing up to a whopping $4,800!) which is, let's be honest, a completely insane amount of money to pay for any fashion item.

That is why Kmart has come to the rescue, launching their own version of the utility crossbody bag (minus the hefty price tag) which has thrilled hundreds of bag-fans across Australia.

QICmBLILTPhs-IeDIQ9xtzKXQfAkXEC1SCBSGwi6-8Y_zYmXKfxwDAdQmVK8MsJeAagyuU2ZM_A5Q6AlS4-F37xHxahsvAiNUS8Rpy5qm6JpzGZehbqEfDK_McV7ucde21QEaguh

The Kmart dupe is similar to the Louis Vuitton utility bag and the See by Chloé camera bag. Credit: Louis Vuitton/ Chloé.

In a video posted on TikTok, a user who goes by the name Basic Aussie Girl shared her latest fashion obsession – Kmart's $15 dupe for the $155 Poppy Lissiman Bobby bag, which is also an interpretation of the popular Chloe and Louis Vuitton bags.

"Run, don't walk!" she wrote in the video, along with a quick showcase of her Kmart Utility Crossbody Bag in Khaki.

Basic Aussie Girl's video racked up over 400,000 views ever since she posted it a few weeks ago, and hundreds of users agree with her, saying that they love the Kmart dupe as well.

"This is so nice," one user wrote in the comments, while another agreed and even urged her fellow shoppers: "Yassssss, run don't walk y'all!"

"This is a really good option for people who don’t want to spend all the money," a third added.

v9LoIKrszG2LNa1oiwKB1aeuHYSmUFgxNj1aP148jp5fjWjNahd9W5D2gNrkM3eqsr6g39HQvGTRa-aF4EqHN4GG9vLHwNp6f-dMjCcjPIgJCYHZHxATEw1IHfvnVRGxyo9oYVds

Kmart's $15 utility crossbody bag is the perfect dupe for the Poppy Lissiman Bobby bag. Credit: Kmart (left), TikTok/@basicaussiegirlz (right).
Others also pointed out that while more expensive bags may have better build quality, this is still a great alternative for people who are looking for an everyday multi-pocket crossbody bag.

"I absolutely love how much more affordable this is," a woman said, adding: "if Kmart ups their game a bit and releases better colours, 99.9 per cent of the people wouldn’t be complaining."

Crossbody bags are the perfect 'go-to' bag whenever you're rushing outside and you need a bag compact enough to be lightweight but still, large enough to hold all your essentials such as your phone, wallet, keys, and probably even a small book or some snacks.

What we love the most about crossbody bags is that they allow you to be completely hands-free, so you can carry an umbrella, talk on the phone seamlessly, or push your grocery cart in the supermarket without the hassle (and strain) of carrying a bigger and bulkier handbag.

If you are looking for more crossbody bag options that are below a hundred dollars, check some of these out:

Sponsored
Chinese rip offs at work with another item. I would rather pay the high price for an original not one made by forced labour in China.

Reactions: Ricci
Chinese rip offs at work with another item. I would rather pay the high price for an original not one made by forced labour in China.
I understand and agree with your comment around rip-offs.

However, according to the article, the Louis Vuitton costs around $4,800!! Is that a good reflection of the value of the bag?

Also, with fashion items, everyone copies everyone else. All the time. For example, the article states that the Kmart one is a rip-off of an 'interpretation' that costs $155:
In a video posted on TikTok, a user who goes by the name Basic Aussie Girl shared her latest fashion obsession – Kmart's $15 dupe for the $155 Poppy Lissiman Bobby bag, which is also an interpretation of the popular Chloe and Louis Vuitton bags.

This bag design is certainly not THAT original - I had a very similar one in the 1980s - and handmade pure leather at that - I should have kept it!

Reactions: Jonathan Leane
"Run, don't walk", this Kmart designer bag dupe is all the rave right now!

When it comes to keeping up with the latest fashion trends, you know Kmart will never let you down.

And these past few weeks, it's all about multi-pocket crossbody bags.

To our fashion-savvy members, you may have noticed that a number of high-end designers, even mid-market and discount retailers, are all releasing their own versions of the trending crossbody bag.

The biggest names on the list are Louis Vuitton with its crossbody monogram canvas, See By Chloe with its Medium Tilly camera bag, and of course, the crowd-favourite Poppy Lissiman crossbody bags.

However, these designer bags usually cost hundreds of dollars (with the LV one costing up to a whopping $4,800!) which is, let's be honest, a completely insane amount of money to pay for any fashion item.

That is why Kmart has come to the rescue, launching their own version of the utility crossbody bag (minus the hefty price tag) which has thrilled hundreds of bag-fans across Australia.

QICmBLILTPhs-IeDIQ9xtzKXQfAkXEC1SCBSGwi6-8Y_zYmXKfxwDAdQmVK8MsJeAagyuU2ZM_A5Q6AlS4-F37xHxahsvAiNUS8Rpy5qm6JpzGZehbqEfDK_McV7ucde21QEaguh

The Kmart dupe is similar to the Louis Vuitton utility bag and the See by Chloé camera bag. Credit: Louis Vuitton/ Chloé.

"Run, don't walk!" she wrote in the video, along with a quick showcase of her Kmart Utility Crossbody Bag in Khaki.

Basic Aussie Girl's video racked up over 400,000 views ever since she posted it a few weeks ago, and hundreds of users agree with her, saying that they love the Kmart dupe as well.

"This is so nice," one user wrote in the comments, while another agreed and even urged her fellow shoppers: "Yassssss, run don't walk y'all!"

"This is a really good option for people who don’t want to spend all the money," a third added.

v9LoIKrszG2LNa1oiwKB1aeuHYSmUFgxNj1aP148jp5fjWjNahd9W5D2gNrkM3eqsr6g39HQvGTRa-aF4EqHN4GG9vLHwNp6f-dMjCcjPIgJCYHZHxATEw1IHfvnVRGxyo9oYVds

Kmart's $15 utility crossbody bag is the perfect dupe for the Poppy Lissiman Bobby bag. Credit: Kmart (left), TikTok/@basicaussiegirlz (right).
Others also pointed out that while more expensive bags may have better build quality, this is still a great alternative for people who are looking for an everyday multi-pocket crossbody bag.

"I absolutely love how much more affordable this is," a woman said, adding: "if Kmart ups their game a bit and releases better colours, 99.9 per cent of the people wouldn’t be complaining."

Crossbody bags are the perfect 'go-to' bag whenever you're rushing outside and you need a bag compact enough to be lightweight but still, large enough to hold all your essentials such as your phone, wallet, keys, and probably even a small book or some snacks.

What we love the most about crossbody bags is that they allow you to be completely hands-free, so you can carry an umbrella, talk on the phone seamlessly, or push your grocery cart in the supermarket without the hassle (and strain) of carrying a bigger and bulkier handbag.

If you are looking for more crossbody bag options that are below a hundred dollars, check some of these out:

What do you think the hook on the back of a shopping trolley is for. "to hang your handbag" I guess if you rave and pick at anything you will get a few more clicks to validate your self. Load of rubbish.

I'll probably start a war saying it but I've never seen a classy or elegant cross body bag! No matter how much they cost they always make the wearer look like a paranoid lumpy tourist 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: KatKop
I'll probably start a war saying it but I've never seen a classy or elegant cross body bag! No matter how much they cost they always make the wearer look like a paranoid lumpy tourist 🤣
I have mobility problems and having a bag over one shoulder only tends to affect my balance, so crossbody is the best version for me. But yes, I fully agree that they're less attractive!

and just check where they are all made and you may get a surprise to find that they are all made overseas some where some of the big brands are made from cheap labor

I remember I loved his bags. They had a particularly bright and expressive design, so when I first saw his work, I knew I needed it for my collection. Later, I discovered that this designer doesn't make art anymore, so I started looking for something similar. That's how I found https://www.corpsehusbandmerch.store/ and completely immersed myself in the universe of this merch. It's incredible! It is especially interesting for those who are corpsehusband fans. Please take a closer look at them when you have time.

Last edited: