'Rude' aeroplane act sparks heated discussion on social media – what do you think?

In one of our previous articles, we compiled a list of the many "rude" passengers that people have encountered on a plane during their travels.

Some of them were simply thought to be inconsiderate, like the person whose hair got in the way of the person behind them or the person who used the air conditioning control above his seat to dry his shoe (Gross!).

On the other hand, the other passengers, like the one who used their foot to operate the seat's television touch screen and the one who left his underwear on the seat after landing, were just downright nasty.

Now, it appears that another "rude" passenger will be added to our ever-growing list of unpleasant people you may encounter on a plane.

On the popular forum site Reddit, a man has called out a fellow passenger by sharing a photo of his and his wife's situation.

As you can see in the photo below, the passenger, who seems to be a woman, was sitting in front of the complainant's wife. When she hung her chair cover on her seat, it almost covered the whole TV screen.

"I guess no entertainment for my wife on this flight…" the man wrote on his post.

FojUPAaTI9L7y17XuIUK6ZCdxaQwxFzuyZEXVZKagA69gcfPXkk1DFBTQ3G18hpnVP8dSJ60J59BkesFfral7WYn-v56hbreuoyDSaW4FsbSTgwOqH_FRt3_U3o0IXXoc10wnkmD-6cOzakAOYs

A passenger's rude act on a plane sparks a heated debate on social media. Credit: Reddit.

Naturally, many other users on the forum agreed with the man and said that they, too, would be outraged by the situation if they were in his position.

"Uh hell no! That cover would have come off real quick by me as soon as she put it on," one user wrote in the comments. Another chimed in and added, "Flip it back over the lady’s head."

A third user joined the conversation and said, "Blows my mind how someone can do that while realising they have a TV/touchscreen in front of them and not think about the TV that’s on the back of their own seat."

Meanwhile, a fourth user took the opportunity to suggest a cheeky reply. "Obviously you have been presented with a glorious canvas on which to paint and smear a variety of condiments, sauces, and other seasonings from your food service to commemorate your flight," they said.

However, to the man's surprise, not everybody was on his side. (Or at least, not entirely on his side…)

Many users said that instead of snapping a picture to call out the passenger on the internet, he should have simply talked to her and asked her to take her chair cover down.

"Call me crazy, just ask the person in front to move their chair cover? They probably just didn’t think about it," wrote one user in the comments.

A second agreed and said, "I’m sure she put her jacket on the seat without really realising it would block the TV. All you have to do is kindly ask her to move it and she will. Why do people always want to cause a scene?"

The argument even drew the attention of a flight attendant, who gave the man clear instructions on how to handle a similar situation in the future.

"Step 1: Politely inform the passenger that their chair cover is covering up your TV screen and ask them to adjust it," they wrote.

"If that does not work or they get an attitude, time for Step 2: Ring the call button and politely explain the situation to a flight attendant who will then handle it."

What are your thoughts, folks? If you were in the same situation, what do you think you would have done? Comment below and let us know!

• Sad
Reactions: BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
People are far too quick to whip out their phone, take a picture and put it out there for all to see. Why would you want to talk to the world at large and not the person sitting in front of you? I'm sure a polite request would have solved the problem in the time it took him to post.:rolleyes:

I would have politely asked the person to move the cover as it was covering the TV screen. I would have said it with a smile. Most people would have understood and moved the cover. Situation resolved. If not, I would have asked cabin staff to resolve the issue. Most situations can be dealt with politely as long as you don't make the other person feel stupid or threatened. Taking aggressive or threatening attitude tends to upset people and make them stand their ground.

A sign of our times: people dont talk to each other anymore! Just think of a group of young people going out to dinner together. They are all sitting at one table, everyone with their mobiles out. They take photos of theirvplates and put them on social media, like each others photos and keep texting, even though they are sitting at the same table... If you dont talk to the people you are going out with, why would you talk to a stranger?

Noraya & Co above, exactly my sentiments. I've had it @ my own dining table. I told them straight that if they couldn't talk face to face without a phone in their hand, after I have prepared dinner all day, to never come back. They thought I was joking. No way. I never got a look in even with any conversation.

Reactions: Ricci
Take the flight attendants suggestions ask first and if negative let the attendant take care of it but then I am old school and don't go first for social media.

In one of our previous articles, we compiled a list of the many "rude" passengers that people have encountered on a plane during their travels.

Some of them were simply thought to be inconsiderate, like the person whose hair got in the way of the person behind them or the person who used the air conditioning control above his seat to dry his shoe (Gross!).

On the other hand, the other passengers, like the one who used their foot to operate the seat's television touch screen and the one who left his underwear on the seat after landing, were just downright nasty.

Now, it appears that another "rude" passenger will be added to our ever-growing list of unpleasant people you may encounter on a plane.

On the popular forum site Reddit, a man has called out a fellow passenger by sharing a photo of his and his wife's situation.

As you can see in the photo below, the passenger, who seems to be a woman, was sitting in front of the complainant's wife. When she hung her chair cover on her seat, it almost covered the whole TV screen.

"I guess no entertainment for my wife on this flight…" the man wrote on his post.

FojUPAaTI9L7y17XuIUK6ZCdxaQwxFzuyZEXVZKagA69gcfPXkk1DFBTQ3G18hpnVP8dSJ60J59BkesFfral7WYn-v56hbreuoyDSaW4FsbSTgwOqH_FRt3_U3o0IXXoc10wnkmD-6cOzakAOYs

A passenger's rude act on a plane sparks a heated debate on social media. Credit: Reddit.

Naturally, many other users on the forum agreed with the man and said that they, too, would be outraged by the situation if they were in his position.

"Uh hell no! That cover would have come off real quick by me as soon as she put it on," one user wrote in the comments. Another chimed in and added, "Flip it back over the lady’s head."

A third user joined the conversation and said, "Blows my mind how someone can do that while realising they have a TV/touchscreen in front of them and not think about the TV that’s on the back of their own seat."

Meanwhile, a fourth user took the opportunity to suggest a cheeky reply. "Obviously you have been presented with a glorious canvas on which to paint and smear a variety of condiments, sauces, and other seasonings from your food service to commemorate your flight," they said.

However, to the man's surprise, not everybody was on his side. (Or at least, not entirely on his side…)

Many users said that instead of snapping a picture to call out the passenger on the internet, he should have simply talked to her and asked her to take her chair cover down.

"Call me crazy, just ask the person in front to move their chair cover? They probably just didn’t think about it," wrote one user in the comments.

A second agreed and said, "I’m sure she put her jacket on the seat without really realising it would block the TV. All you have to do is kindly ask her to move it and she will. Why do people always want to cause a scene?"

The argument even drew the attention of a flight attendant, who gave the man clear instructions on how to handle a similar situation in the future.

"Step 1: Politely inform the passenger that their chair cover is covering up your TV screen and ask them to adjust it," they wrote.

"If that does not work or they get an attitude, time for Step 2: Ring the call button and politely explain the situation to a flight attendant who will then handle it."

What are your thoughts, folks? If you were in the same situation, what do you think you would have done? Comment below and let us know!
These posts are becoming more and more ridiculous!.....
Particulary annoying, is the use of the expression: "chime" in!
Bells chime and doorbells chime, but I have never heard a human chime........

• Haha
We are too quick to get our 5 seconds of fame. Politely ask the person to move it so the screen can be used. If she doesn't then talk to the staff.