Royal Lodge security change raises questions about future arrangements

In a move that has sent ripples through the royal household and beyond, King Charles has made a decision that could have implications for the security of the royal family and the standards expected within the monarchy.

The King has reportedly dismissed the private security team at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge mansion, which has sparked widespread speculation and concern.

Prince Andrew, embroiled in controversy following his association with the late Jeffrey Epstein, has been under new pressure to vacate his opulent Royal Lodge home.

According to reports from The Sun, King Charles informed the ten-man security detail that their contracts would not be renewed in October.

1724032396451.png
King Charles dismissed the security guard at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge, urging him to leave the property. Credit: Shutterstock

‘They are all working the final weeks of their contract till the end of October. It’s not thought anyone is being lined up to replace them,’ the source said.

‘Everyone is speculating this means the Duke will have to leave the Royal Lodge because what other reason could there be to take his security away?’

This decision comes amidst rumours that Prince Andrew has resisted calls to downsize from the 31-room mansion.

The Royal Lodge, valued at an astonishing $56 million, has been Prince Andrew's residence since 2004 when he signed a 75-year lease.

However, since the Epstein scandal surfaced in 2019, there have been calls for Andrew to face eviction.

Furthermore, it has been reported that he needs to pay more attention to the $754,000 annual maintenance payments required for the property.

King Charles, who has financially supported his brother since Prince Andrew's Met Police protection was revoked, has contributed a hefty $7.6 million a year to keep him afloat.

This latest move by the King suggests tightening the purse strings and possibly pushing for Prince Andrew to leave the Royal Lodge.

The timing of the security team's dismissal is particularly noteworthy, as it follows reports that Prince Andrew has refused to move into the smaller Frogmore Cottage, which Prince Harry previously occupied before his departure in June 2023.

This has led to speculation that removing security could be a tactic to encourage the Duke of York to reconsider his living arrangements.

As the royal family gathers at Balmoral Castle for a family occasion, with Prince Andrew in attendance, it's clear that discussions about the future are on the horizon.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are absent from the guest list, further highlighting the ongoing tensions within the royal family.

Andrew has been characterised as a ‘recluse,’ rarely leaving Royal Lodge since December.

‘Andrew has hardly left Royal Lodge since Christmas, so he’s very much looking forward to getting away with the rest of the family at Balmoral,’ a source shared.

‘The King is keen for it to be a happy family occasion, which will see family members come together for just over a week to discuss plans for the future and unwind.’
Key Takeaways
  • King Charles has dismissed the security team at Prince Andrew's Royal Lodge mansion, putting pressure on Andrew to vacate the property.
  • Disgraced Prince Andrew faces eviction from his A$56 million Royal Lodge home amid controversies surrounding his association with Jeffrey Epstein.
  • Prince Andrew has been neglecting the required annual maintenance payments for the property, while King Charles has been financially supporting him.
  • There is speculation that removing security might indicate that Prince Andrew will have to leave Royal Lodge, although he reportedly resists moving to a smaller residence.
Join the conversation below and share your views on security, responsibility, and the royal family's latest developments.

Sponsored
Ah ok, play innocent. Suit yourself:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That is normal behavior for a bully. I will continue to say whatever I like and if it pisses you off scroll on and ignore me. You have never posted anything of substance worth reading anyway:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You are walking on thin ice. Enjoy sinking to the bottom of the harbour.

Firstly, where do you get the boots in on Bella? I pointed out to her that accusation does not equal guilt and pointed out that it would be not nice if she were a victim of that. She escalated the emotions.

Secondly, you et al seem to think I am attacking
. Not at all. Just pointing out how people in general seem to convince themselves that if an accusation is made, the accused must be guilty regardless of evidence or lack there of. Andrew was accused but the accusation was never proven and now people including Bella are vehemently continuing to accuse him. So what if he knew Epstein, lots of others did too. Just knowing someone does not make them guilty. My point to Bella was that if she were accused and then had society consider that to mean she was guilty despite lack of evidence, how would she feel? I ask you the same question.

So lets address the issues you have raised.

You didn't just point out something simple to Bella, you went in boots and all. See later. Read all otherwise you'll miss the best bits.

First up, I start off mildly.

In your initial response to Bella you accused her of being judgemental and you assumed she knew very little about the subject at hand. You then tell her she is not a very nice human. To you that might not amount to much and you can do another roflmao at the way I put this, and you are correct in that you can say what you like on here, as the word control police should not exist here.

Secondly, you et al seem to think I am attacking. Not at all.
Yes you are man, some reminders for you below.

However, your bullying behaviour gets heaps worse and don't kid yourself that that you can do a bully boy act on a person who was politely trying to explain what she meant, and then protest loudly you were not doing the boots in thing that you just did.

That's pathetic man. It doesn't fool anyone who can see what you wrote.

Here, if you can't remember, in response to Bella's reasonable attempt at an explanation.
Oh dear! You really are a piece of work.
Was in response to this and below from Bella
I believe what he was accused of by the lady who had the courage to put it out there.
I work very hard to not be a judgmental person. You are intituled to your opinion of me.
But it is very sad you feel this way because we have different views.
Kind regards Vicki
No l don't want him to be guilty because he is a man. I believe he is guilty. I am not angry with Prince Andrew. Any person who does what he was accused of in my opinion is evil.
I do believe the woman who accused him. I am not going by media. I am going by what the woman said.
For some one who has no feelings whatsoever about me you certainly made it clear what you feel about me.
You are allowed to have your opinion.
I think it might be best if we agree to disagree. I am sorry if you don't like the fact l will not stand up for myself.
As l have said you don't me. But because we have a different view you feel you can make assumptions about me.
Then say you have no feelings about me. I think you are looking to upset someone today.
If you can't recognise you're language, in response to someone reaching out, is bullying, then yeah, I've not a lot else to say to you in response to your questions......

She escalated the emotions.
Seriously, you accuse her of escalating the emotions???
Tell me how man. Can you not see you are lying to yourself.
Not a go at you when I say - get some help man.

If your day was all about some event in the past, then just write this off as all a mistake.

Bloody hell and you wanted me to take a bex.
FM gently.

If none of this means much to you, I really don't give a shit.
It's much more important to me that Bella reads it and feels the support.
She would already understand the logic.

I had more, but that's enough oxygen spent.

I apologise for the fuss l have caused today over this subject. A certain person took offence to my opinion. I thought this forum was for all of us to enjoy and engage in our opinions without being shouted down. Respect is the word that comes to mind not everyone will agree with each other. No need to rip people apart.
A huge thank you to all the lovely folks who said such kind things about me. I truly appreciate your kindness.
Please let us all be kind to each other even if we disagree.
The world is such a sad angry place. Let's spread kindness.
Love to you all Vicki

So lets address the issues you have raised.

You didn't just point out something simple to Bella, you went in boots and all. See later. Read all otherwise you'll miss the best bits.

First up, I start off mildly.

In your initial response to Bella you accused her of being judgemental and you assumed she knew very little about the subject at hand. You then tell her she is not a very nice human. To you that might not amount to much and you can do another roflmao at the way I put this, and you are correct in that you can say what you like on here, as the word control police should not exist here.

Yes you are man, some reminders for you below.

However, your bullying behaviour gets heaps worse and don't kid yourself that that you can do a bully boy act on a person who was politely trying to explain what she meant, and then protest loudly you were not doing the boots in thing that you just did.

That's pathetic man. It doesn't fool anyone who can see what you wrote.

Here, if you can't remember, in response to Bella's reasonable attempt at an explanation.

Was in response to this and below from Bella

If you can't recognise you're language, in response to someone reaching out, is bullying, then yeah, I've not a lot else to say to you in response to your questions......

Seriously, you accuse her of escalating the emotions???
Tell me how man. Can you not see you are lying to yourself.
Not a go at you when I say - get some help man.

If your day was all about some event in the past, then just write this off as all a mistake.

Bloody hell and you wanted me to take a bex.
FM gently.

If none of this means much to you, I really don't give a shit.
It's much more important to me that Bella reads it and feels the support.
She would already understand the logic.

I had more, but that's enough oxygen spent.
Quite finished???? Clearly you and a couple of others have some sort of allegiance with Bella and so if someone calls any one of you out on something the others will gang up. Is that how it works? We have gone back 50 years and are back in the school yard are we? If you want to ask me a question and there is a risk that you might not like the answer, don't bother asking. Similarly if you are asking so that you can attempt to castigate me for my answer, don't bother. Thank you for your lecture. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Quite finished???? Clearly you and a couple of others have some sort of allegiance wit Bella and so if someone calls any one of you out on something the others will gang up. Is that how it works? We have gone back 50 years and are back in the school yard are we? Thank you for your lecture. :rolleyes:
That is why I'm 65 but look 45. I yearn for the days of the schoolyard back in the early 1970s.

I apologise for the fuss l have caused today over this subject. A certain person took offence to my opinion. I thought this forum was for all of us to enjoy and engage in our opinions without being shouted down. Respect is the word that comes to mind not everyone will agree with each other. No need to rip people apart.
A huge thank you to all the lovely folks who said such kind things about me. I truly appreciate your kindness.
Please let us all be kind to each other even if we disagree.
The world is such a sad angry place. Let's spread kindness.
Love to you all Vicki
Do not be concerned. You are one quality and well liked SDC member and you will be protected in whatever way possible.

Myself, let's says I am well liked and well hated at the same time. So be it! I polarise an audience to create discussion, not stifle it.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: DLHM and I'm Mal
Ah ok, play innocent. Suit yourself:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That is normal behavior for a bully. I will continue to say whatever I like and if it pisses you off scroll on and ignore me. You have never posted anything of substance worth reading anyway:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Seems to me you were bullied as a child so you get your revenge by being rude to others. I’m not pissed off, you’re just a pathetic nothing.

Seems to me you were bullied as a child so you get your revenge by being rude to others. I’m not pissed off, you’re just a pathetic nothing.
You can seem to you all you like, I don't give a rats. I was not bullied as a child but I defended those who were, and still do. Clowns like you are not worth being polite to.

After reading all the comments it's a shame they are all written and not face to face. Love a intense debate also glad of the controversy its fun
Too many people get all bent out of shape over a few words on a screen. This is not real life and in reality the crap on the screen doesn't matter. If it distresses people, they should question if they should be bothering to read it. That is why I laugh at so many stupid comments.