Royal Family member's 'entirely unnecessary' remark irks Prince William

The Royal Family has always been a source of fascination and, sometimes, controversy.

The latest incident involved a seemingly heartfelt note from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to Prince William's wife, Catherine, the Princess of Wales.

Yet, it's not just the note itself that's caused a stir.

In a public message of support following the Princess's cancer diagnosis, Harry and Meghan referred to her as 'Kate', a name she previously dropped in favour of 'Catherine'.

The message from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex wrote, 'We wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace.'

Before her marriage, The Princess of Wales shared that she wished to be referred to by her full name, Catherine.

compressed-royal brothers.jpeg
Royal brothers Prince William and Prince Harry have reportedly drifted away after several issues. Image Credit: Shutterstock/Pete Hancock

Princess Catherine's family members and close friends have respected her request, with the public and the media following suit.

According to reports, Prince William found it 'an entirely unnecessary and deliberate irritation'.

It's not just about a name; it's about respect and courtesy—both vital in personal relationships and Royal conduct.

The use of 'Kate' instead of 'Catherine' was perceived as a subtle dig during a time of hardship.

This incident also highlighted the rift between the Royal brothers, which has widened over the past years.

Prince Harry and Meghan's departure from Royal duties and Harry's memoir Spare, among others, have contributed to the strain.

The use of 'Kate' just became a part of their concerns that need to be addressed.

The Royal family, despite their unique position, continues to deal with relatable family concerns.

In recent news, the Royal Family's annual holiday at the Balmoral Castle saw invitations for several family members.

However, reports stated that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not included in the guest list.

This debacle is a reminder of the importance of respecting others' wishes, especially when it comes to personal things.

They are humans with preferences that deserve to be acknowledged.

Whether it's sticking to a preferred name or honouring someone's wishes, these small acts of kindness could go a long way.
Key Takeaways

• Prince William was reportedly angered by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex after referring to the Princess of Wales as 'Kate' in a public message
  • Prior to their marriage, Princess Catherine wished to be addressed by her full name instead of her then-nickname 'Kate'.
  • According to sources, Prince William saw this as a lack of courtesy.
  • The strained relationship between the brothers has impacted several Royal events, including their summer holiday at the Balmoral Castle.
What do you think about this continuation of the Royal Rift? Have you ever experienced a similar situation? Share your stories and thoughts with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
Meagan and Harry cannot have their cake and eat it too. In years to come the folly of their actions will weigh heavily on their shoulders. I feel so sorry for their children.

Just the media making something out of nothing, probably short of a headline that day.
People just jump on the bandwagon and take sides and don't know if it's the truth or not, just have to put their two pennyworth in.

Seriously!!! At least Harry and Meghan said a get well message. As they are out of the Royal family they probably didn't know the name change.

If the Royals are making a big deal over this then I say get over yourself.

Stop blaming everything on Harry and Meghan.

Gosh to my family and friends I was known as Sue or Suzy. I started using my real name Suzanne at work as it sounded more professional.
When I met new people I used Suzanne .
Now I get Suzanne from friends, Suzy from my aunts and cousins, Sue or Suzy from mum and siblings.

Sister inlaws call me Sue and hubby calls me Sula.

I don't care what they call me, each name reflects didn't times in my life.

Leave Harry and Meghan alone !!!!! I also see alot of faults with Kate and William
Nothing that those drifters do is innocent.

Prince Harry would not have meant any disrespect. William however is looking for anything that his brother says or does, to find fault with. Get over it William, you childish aristocrat
I disagree 100% with your comment. These 2 public seeking/Privacy wanting couple make me sick.

I think that they should all build a bridge and get over themselves. Prince William comes across as a bully and does not know how to make amends to his brother and vice a versa. This dispute has gone on long enough and all parties need to grow up. Harry needs to stop feeling sorry for himself and Meghan needs to support her husband and stop stirring up trouble. After all it was laid out to her what being a Royal entailed. Her father was right in the sense that he said she would cause disharmony in the family and she has done that.
TIME they all GREW up!! They fight over the most inane things. They seem to spend all their time looking for something to be angry and annoyed and someone to blame for it all. SO glad they aren't my family, I would be ashamed of them and their carry on.

Reactions: Tervueren
NOW, maybe the term Catherine will be used. You are quilty SDC of using Kate. Not like this is new it hasbeen known for years.
Please stop with the ginger and whinger, they are now obsolete and a waste of space. such a nasty pair and so hypocrytical.

• Haha
Reactions: Tervueren and Rob44
TIME they all GREW up!! They fight over the most inane things. They seem to spend all their time looking for something to be angry and annoyed and someone to blame for it all. SO glad they aren't my family, I would be ashamed of them and their carry on.
there are only one pair needing to grow up. get onto the media. we would not have any idea without their rubbish and mainly lies.

Seriously!!! At least Harry and Meghan said a get well message. As they are out of the Royal family they probably didn't know the name change.

Gosh to my family and friends I was known as Sue or Suzy. I started using my real name Suzanne at work as it sounded more professional.
Now I get Suzanne from friends, Suzy from my aunts and cousins, Sue or Suzy from mum and siblings.

Leave Harry and Meghan alone !!!!! I also see alot of faults with Kate and William
you neeed to place your sympathy with the ones who need it. catherine is the name that was asked to be used before her marriage and if the dumb ones still do not know that then dumb it is, as to the other pair for anyone to show sympathy to them they are in the same category, dumb. what you do with your name is not an issue. as you are not royal of any description it is irrelavant.

Both Harry and Meghan should have their titles removed once and for all. Both have shown that they have no respect at all for members of the Royal household, the UK Monarchy as such nor the UK public.
They are an utter disgrace to all and sundry within their family on both sides.

He was probably just being informal, but needs to abide by her wish and as this was a public notice, needs to be more aware and respectful, especially if he wants to heal the relationship with his brother. Bad move Harry.

Having said that, William needs to be a little less sensitive to such relatively minor issues.
He'd be KIng Billy 5th, wouldn't he? Is Harry the diminutive of Harold or Henry?

I can assure that what the media prints or says is not always the truth. I personally know somebody who was accused of saying something and wasn't even asked the question. He also had no knowledge of the subject at all.
He also had no knowledge of the subject at all.

Scott Morrison?

Er Suzanne.
The name Kate was dropped by Catherine before She married Prince William.
To state they didn't know sounds a bit wrong since Catherine dropped the Kate name before William and Catherine were married.
No they knew , this is Whinger Markle just flamin MOANING AND BITCHING AS NORMAL because that miserable bitch can't get the LIMELIGHT
SHE THINKS SHE DESERVES. God I wish she would walk in front of a bus, {No Train} and do the British public a huge favour 🙏🙏🙏🙏 still praying.
and hopeful, please please.

sorry, but if you are given a diagnosis that is not good that is the end of the world for that person.
The reporting of an incorrect use of a first name is hardly relevant to the illness. I am fully aware of the end of the world regarding Cancer having lost those close to me.
What is not the end of the world, and hardly newsworthy is shortening the name. Why does the report talk about the name, and, fail to highlight the message of support.

Where did the media dig that story up from? Do they have a listening device in the Palace? I think not...
Ah well it worked didn't it ? got you all hot under the collar - which ever side you are on. Leave them all alone ..... None of this came from the people portrayed here ..... Its just the media with nothing better to do, they have to print something....any thing .......to get a pay packet

Reactions: MariaG