Royal downfall? Sources reveal Prince Andrew's grim life post-controversy

The once high-flying life of Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, took a stark turn as recent reports painted a sad picture of his current life.

The royal, who was once a prominent figure in the UK and beyond, now leads a life that is a far cry from the grandeur and duty that once defined his persona.

According to The Sun, the Duke's days are now largely spent in isolation.

Prince Andrew has lived at The Royal Lodge, set in the verdant expanse of Windsor Great Park, since 2004.

It was expected to be a sanctuary of luxury and privacy, but the estate's grandeur belies the reality of a man grappling with a tarnished reputation and a precarious situation.

compressed-Duke of York.jpeg
Prince Andrew stepped away from royal duties due to connections with Jeffrey Epstein. Image Credit: Shutterstock/Alessia Pierdomenico

The 30-room estate bore witness to a routine which included 'watching TV in a darkened room'.

This is a dramatic shift for someone accustomed to the pomp and ceremony of royal engagements and international representation.

Prince Andrew's fall from grace followed after his entanglement with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The scandal led him to step down from royal duties in 2020—effectively ending his career as a working royal and leaving him without a clear role within the Monarchy.

The financial strain of maintaining the Royal Lodge—with an annual upkeep of $750,000—also became a source of tension between Prince Andrew and his elder brother, King Charles III.

The King reportedly urged Prince Andrew to vacate the palatial property in favour of the more modest Frogmore Cottage, previously occupied by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Despite the offer, Prince Andrew has so far resisted the move.

The Sun's recent photographs of the Royal Lodge's deteriorating exterior underscored the situation's urgency.

Yet, the Duke seemed in a deadlock, fueled by pride and hope that external financial support might materialise.

Royal author Christopher Anderson stated that King Charles III's patience was thin.

'King Charles III is becoming increasingly impatient and wants to punish his brother simultaneously, show everyone who's boss and restore Royal Lodge to its former glory,' Anderson said.

Prince Andrew holds an ongoing 75-year lease on the Royal Lodge. However, his continued residence there is unsustainable without the King's financial backing.

Palace insiders hinted that the Duke's life could become 'increasingly cold and uncomfortable' if he refuses to move.

Prince Andrew's current lifestyle is a shadow of his former life.

The grandeur of his surroundings cannot mask the personal and public challenges he faces.

The question that looms is whether he will recognise that his pride has become his prison.

If so, relinquishing the keys to the Royal Lodge might lead to a more comfortable and supported life.
Key Takeaways

• Prince Andrew's life has drastically changed, and he was reported to spend most days in a darkened room at the Royal Lodge.
  • He stepped down from royal duties in 2020 because of connections to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
  • Insiders reported King Charles III's recent frustration about the Duke of York and were keen to move him into a smaller property to lower costs.
  • Despite the real estate and financial pressures, Prince Andrew reportedly refused to leave the Royal Lodge, resulting in a complex stand-off with his brother.
What are your thoughts on Prince Andrew's current predicament? Join in the conversation in the comments section below.

Sponsored
Dear Pomgolean,
Your musings on national greatness and benevolence are indeed intriguing. While your final observation about our collective apprehension toward the Russians is astute, I must gently point out that some of the preceding statements may not align precisely with historical realities.
Allow me to offer a friendly perspective:
  1. American Braggadocio: The American colonists, in their spirited way, do indeed celebrate their achievements. However, it’s essential to recognize that every nation has its moments of pride and self-promotion.
  2. French Gallic Logic: Ah, the French! Their philosophical debates and Gallic Logic are legendary. But whether they claim the title of “world’s greatest and most benevolent Nation” remains a matter of perspective.
  3. German Philosophizing: The Germans, with their rich cultural heritage, have indeed pondered their place in the world. Their contributions to science, art, and industry are undeniable, but the superlative “greatest and most benevolent” is a lofty one.
  4. Italian Nonchalance: The Italians, known for their passion and zest for life, may have decided that such titles are best left to others. Their focus, perhaps, lies elsewhere—perhaps in savouring a perfect espresso or creating timeless art.
  5. British Duty: As for the Brits, duty has been their steadfast companion through the ages. Whether it’s unpleasant or costly, they carry it with a stiff upper lip and a cup of tea.
In summary, my dear interlocutor, let us appreciate the diversity of perspectives and recognize that greatness and benevolence are multifaceted qualities. And fear not, for even in our collective trepidation toward the Russians, there lies a shared understanding of geopolitical complexities.
Mr Jimmy you are an amazing wordsmith!

Reactions: Rob44
King Malcolm 2 of Scotland and Pommy greed???? Never read that in the History books😳😂
look it up on your computer like I did but I've worked on my family history for approx 25 yeas.Pommy greed was because the bastards took my GGGreat Frandfather''s land, home, cows, sheep and his ONE charge was for stealing bread to feed his 5 kids. As a convict he came to Australia, settled CAMDEN in NSW and never looked back. I still have the family picture hanging over my bed and if anyone knows about Cornelius Cullen who arrived on the Lady Harcourt on 18th Dec 1822, I'd love to hear from them.

Dear Pomgolean,
Your musings on national greatness and benevolence are indeed intriguing. While your final observation about our collective apprehension toward the Russians is astute, I must gently point out that some of the preceding statements may not align precisely with historical realities.
Allow me to offer a friendly perspective:
  1. American Braggadocio: The American colonists, in their spirited way, do indeed celebrate their achievements. However, it’s essential to recognize that every nation has its moments of pride and self-promotion.
  2. French Gallic Logic: Ah, the French! Their philosophical debates and Gallic Logic are legendary. But whether they claim the title of “world’s greatest and most benevolent Nation” remains a matter of perspective.
  3. German Philosophizing: The Germans, with their rich cultural heritage, have indeed pondered their place in the world. Their contributions to science, art, and industry are undeniable, but the superlative “greatest and most benevolent” is a lofty one.
  4. Italian Nonchalance: The Italians, known for their passion and zest for life, may have decided that such titles are best left to others. Their focus, perhaps, lies elsewhere—perhaps in savouring a perfect espresso or creating timeless art.
  5. British Duty: As for the Brits, duty has been their steadfast companion through the ages. Whether it’s unpleasant or costly, they carry it with a stiff upper lip and a cup of tea.
In summary, my dear interlocutor, let us appreciate the diversity of perspectives and recognize that greatness and benevolence are multifaceted qualities. And fear not, for even in our collective trepidation toward the Russians, there lies a shared understanding of geopolitical complexities.
Touche! And now for a cup of most excellent Australian tea, lest my lip should quiver slightly.

look it up on your computer like I did but I've worked on my family history for approx 25 yeas.Pommy greed was because the bastards took my GGGreat Frandfather''s land, home, cows, sheep and his ONE charge was for stealing bread to feed his 5 kids. As a convict he came to Australia, settled CAMDEN in NSW and never looked back. I still have the family picture hanging over my bed and if anyone knows about Cornelius Cullen who arrived on the Lady Harcourt on 18th Dec 1822, I'd love to hear from them.

Aha, the Clearances of the 1820s? The Scottish Lairds were well into doing that sort of stuff.

I'll forgive that answer because you are new and don't know me
Certainly not New, been here for about five years, secretarial error, lol. The Queen was a Mechanic and Driver. Proof has been obtain in Andrews case, your challenge is to actually read it, after performing the necessary task of extracting your head from your fundamental orifice!

Certainly not New, been here for about five years, secretarial error, lol. The Queen was a Mechanic and Driver. Proof has been obtain in Andrews case, your challenge is to actually read it, after performing the necessary task of extracting your head from your fundamental orifice!
WRONG.... Andrew's case was settled out of court apparently by order of his father.

WHAT SORT OF STUFF? DYING OF STARVATION?
Precisely. That is one very good reason why a lot of Scots ended up NZ, Canada and Australia. Their SCOTTISH Lairds were having a pleasant time and it seems that deer-shooting and sheep were more profitable than their already poverty-stricken tenants. Since when have the rich owed allegiance to the poor, who make useful cannon-fodder for their family feuds, such as WW1?

Reactions: JimmyFlatrock
Well, while he was at Timbertop, he could have done a service for the colony and helped in the centuries old war by engaging the well known, but dreaded drop-bear.

But no, if he wasn't tree-hugging, he was probably poncing around blowing dandelion puff-balls everywhere.
"he was probably poncing around blowing dandelion puff-balls everywhere". Beats shooting people from helicopters or spraying 2-4-5T on rice paddies or frying people with napalm.........

Reactions: JimmyFlatrock
What a joke. What fantasy world does Andrew live in? If it had been any ordinary person that had done the things he is accused of, they would have already been in jail. He should think himself bloody lucky, get his head out of his own arse and come to the realisation that he is not important, he is not relevant, and his is largely not liked. Take the more than generous deal that King Charles has offered, and quietly fade away

"he was probably poncing around blowing dandelion puff-balls everywhere". Beats shooting people from helicopters or spraying 2-4-5T on rice paddies or frying people with napalm.........
Yes, totally. Nothing wrong with hugging a tree either. Full focus tree-hugging might just give some an idea of the improvements available in communication of important issues affecting mankind. Or in the case of trees, treekind. Something our  majestic friends are good at.

Chas's contributions in promoting and doing things Mother earth are admirable and indeed a fine legacy. Also means he gets a Nation Head place (big red tick) in front of the likes of Trump, Netanyahu, Pol Pot add nauseum.

Yes, totally. Nothing wrong with hugging a tree either. Full focus tree-hugging might just give some an idea of the improvements available in communication of important issues affecting mankind. Or in the case of trees, treekind. Something our  majestic friends are good at.

Chas's contributions in promoting and doing things Mother earth are admirable and indeed a fine legacy. Also means he gets a Nation Head place (big red tick) in front of the likes of Trump, Netanyahu, Pol Pot add nauseum.
It's good news week: the last glacier in Venezuela has melted beyond redempion and the Aral Sea is turning into a salt desert. Not enough trees are being hugged.

It's good news week: the last glacier in Venezuela has melted beyond redempion and the Aral Sea is turning into a salt desert. Not enough trees are being hugged.
and someone's dropped a bomb somewhere: Putin or Netanyahu no doubt.

Oh, there they go wondering off topic again. Deary me! Maybe no-one will notice because it was such a smooth and interesting segue. Seamless springs to mind.
Ahhh, the journey of knowledge communications, so satisfying.

Also in the news in that vein, is the Batagaika Crater (not a crater) in the Yana highlands of Siberia. Called, by tabloid press, the "Gateway to Hell" it is a retrogressive thaw slump that has now become visible from space. So why did the permafrost or ground ice start melting and releasing methane gases. Well it's what happened to our friends the trees. This from... https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/batagaika-crater.htm

Cutting down forests around the Batagaika crater during the Soviet era altered the thermal equilibrium of the surrounding permafrost landscape, leading to the depression that showed up in half-century-old satellite images.

"Without a vegetation canopy, more thermal energy from the sun was able to thaw permafrost, leading to the formation of a down-slope gully," Michaelides says. "The formation of this gully can lead to even more thaw of permafrost during subsequent summer seasons, which causes the gully to expand and grow larger. As larger surface areas of exposed permafrost are liable to thaw, this process accelerates and a megaslump can form."

This type of thermokarst formation is often a positive feedback loop, he says. That's when permafrost thaws and bacteria break down the organic matter trapped inside. As it releases carbon matter into the atmosphere as greenhouse gases, these gases warm the planet, creating a positive feedback loop that then thaws more permafrost.

"The result is a massive, slowly expanding collapse feature," Michaelides continues. "As permafrost thaws, its structural strength goes from something like concrete to wet mud, and on a sloping land surface like here, this causes the ground to slump."

I am no scientist, but I think one of the big issues that accounts for people (world leaders) not getting it is the rate of change is increasing enormously. The pedal of change is being slammed to the metal in some areas. The time to put fixup measures in place has either run out for some areas or it is nigh.

and someone's dropped a bomb somewhere: Putin or Netanyahu no doubt.

Oh, there they go wondering off topic again. Deary me! Maybe no-one will notice because it was such a smooth and interesting segue. Seamless springs to mind.
Ahhh, the journey of knowledge communications, so satisfying.

Also in the news in that vein, is the Batagaika Crater (not a crater) in the Yana highlands of Siberia. Called, by tabloid press, the "Gateway to Hell" it is a retrogressive thaw slump that has now become visible from space. So why did the permafrost or ground ice start melting and releasing methane gases. Well it's what happened to our friends the trees. This from... https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/batagaika-crater.htm

Cutting down forests around the Batagaika crater during the Soviet era altered the thermal equilibrium of the surrounding permafrost landscape, leading to the depression that showed up in half-century-old satellite images.

"Without a vegetation canopy, more thermal energy from the sun was able to thaw permafrost, leading to the formation of a down-slope gully," Michaelides says. "The formation of this gully can lead to even more thaw of permafrost during subsequent summer seasons, which causes the gully to expand and grow larger. As larger surface areas of exposed permafrost are liable to thaw, this process accelerates and a megaslump can form."

This type of thermokarst formation is often a positive feedback loop, he says. That's when permafrost thaws and bacteria break down the organic matter trapped inside. As it releases carbon matter into the atmosphere as greenhouse gases, these gases warm the planet, creating a positive feedback loop that then thaws more permafrost.

"The result is a massive, slowly expanding collapse feature," Michaelides continues. "As permafrost thaws, its structural strength goes from something like concrete to wet mud, and on a sloping land surface like here, this causes the ground to slump."

I am no scientist, but I think one of the big issues that accounts for people (world leaders) not getting it is the rate of change is increasing enormously. The pedal of change is being slammed to the metal in some areas. The time to put fixup measures in place has either run out for some areas or it is nigh.
Check the ABC News today on rainfall-induced flooding in Ha Long City, Vietnam. 17 dead so far, flood-waters up to cars' roofs; 3 very large open-cut coal mines flooded and spilling water+assorted nasties into Ha Long Bay; and of course not mentioned but according to local knowledge probably 1-2 feet of water flooding the OPD on the ground floor of Ha Long City hospital. However, Netanyhoo and his thugs are not bombing that particular hospital. That's Anthropogenic Global Heating causing unusually heavy rainfall locally.

The people I know in N and S Vietnam have all advised me that their awful climate has turned very bloody awful.

Ho Chi Minh and his army beat the French at Dien Bien Phu because they were able to haul 105 mm howitzers+supplies to DBP unseen under the forest cover. Last time I was around that part of the world, there was sweet FA tree cover. The rapidly growing population between Ha Noi and DPB had chopped it all down make a living growing food.

Back to Prince Andrew; mere trivia!

Last edited:
Check the ABC News today on rainfall-induced flooding in Ha Long City, Vietnam. 17 dead so far, flood-waters up to cars' roofs; 3 very large open-cut coal mines flooded and spilling water+assorted nasties into Ha Long Bay; and of course not mentioned but according to local knowledge probably 1-2 feet of water flooding the OPD on the ground floor of Ha Long City hospital. However, Netanyhoo and his thugs are not bombing that particular hospital. That's Anthropogenic Global Heating causing unusually heavy rainfall locally.

The people I know in N and S Vietnam have all advised me that their awful climate has turned very bloody awful.

Ho Chi Minh and his army beat the French at Dien Bien Phu because they were able to haul 105 mm howitzers+supplies to DBP unseen under the forest cover. Last time I was around that part of the world, there was sweet FA tree cover. The rapidly growing population between Ha Noi and DPB had chopped it all down make a living growing food.

Back to Prince Andrew; mere trivia!
God save us from stupidity.... if you can't beat 'em change the subject. GOOD NIGHT FOLKS.

does anybody ever care about the truth re this scandal ridden mob? People keep throwing shit at Harry and Andrew yet they are the only ones who ever fought for their own country....don't say Queen, she was only an ambulance driver. NOT ONE ACCUSATION AGAINST ANDREW AND HARRY HAS EVER BEEN PROVEN. I wonder how many people have kids or relatives who have had to prove their innocence and never been heard. Firstly this mob have been interbed for centuries. secondly Lizzie destroyed Margaret's and Diana's lives while allowing Charlie to screw Camilla to his heart's content. This clown was sent many times to Australia because he was an embarrassment because he only talked to plants and trees.-His father was never made King, Mummy said Camilla would NOT be Queen and what did His Royal Dickhead do after Diana was got rid of.... Made that woman Queen. She had made it clear even before she dumped her family that it was what she wanted and she got it. I wonder if there is anyone who remembers about 70 years ago Lizzie walking down the gangplank after a 6 month cruise on the Britania... at the bottom of the gangplank she hugged her mother and SHOOK HANDS WITH CHARLES. This child was 3 years old.
Remember please that they have made Harry's life a misery from birth firstly because his father wanted a girl and second because he had red hair.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE AND READ YOUR HISTORY. I know people will shot shit at me but this is not all I've learned about this mob but I've followed them since I was a very small, disabled schoolgirl made to stand in Centenial Park in Sydney in the stinking heat of summer to wave a little flag at some woman we didn't know but manufacturers made a joke of this woman by making a flapping hand to go in the back window of cars.
By the way MY ggGrandfather was a convict with only ONE conviction to his name. He stole some bread to feed his 5 kids after the English stole his land, home, cows and sheep. He made a good name for himself in Australia. Believe it or not I have friends of many nationalities including English.

Shirl, whilst I have a bit of time for Harry, I don't really care about this lot. Most of them haven't got the intestinal fortitude to speak the plain truth that you are seeking. Rather, they thrive on the engineered dramas that keep them front and centre of mainstream media.

Who on earth would want to be a part of the Firm business family. Where one adult can't even marry the woman of his choice without going on bended knee for permission from the head twit.

Now that the fat controller has left the scene, the Firm will lose its way under the muddled leadership of the tree hugger. Already William, is considering the idiot sense of Chas banishing some backups, especially now with health issues making things look dicey for the Firm. Good decision Charlie. Hardly the good influencer they all seem to want to be. Maybe it is manipulator.

I hope he learns a lesson about the consequences of not assisting nor listening to family members in their time of need....

And another one, and another one bites the dust Voomp.

Still time to make amends and fix the issues you created Chas. Open your arms to your family, bring them back, stand up for those condemned by gossip alone and make the world take note of what a fine family man you have become. Grasp the sceptre of leadership firmly, and don't view it as merely an ornament. Do what needs to be done man.

RF, huh. More like a RRFup to me.