Royal downfall? Sources reveal Prince Andrew's grim life post-controversy

The once high-flying life of Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, took a stark turn as recent reports painted a sad picture of his current life.

The royal, who was once a prominent figure in the UK and beyond, now leads a life that is a far cry from the grandeur and duty that once defined his persona.

According to The Sun, the Duke's days are now largely spent in isolation.

Prince Andrew has lived at The Royal Lodge, set in the verdant expanse of Windsor Great Park, since 2004.

It was expected to be a sanctuary of luxury and privacy, but the estate's grandeur belies the reality of a man grappling with a tarnished reputation and a precarious situation.

compressed-Duke of York.jpeg
Prince Andrew stepped away from royal duties due to connections with Jeffrey Epstein. Image Credit: Shutterstock/Alessia Pierdomenico

The 30-room estate bore witness to a routine which included 'watching TV in a darkened room'.

This is a dramatic shift for someone accustomed to the pomp and ceremony of royal engagements and international representation.

Prince Andrew's fall from grace followed after his entanglement with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The scandal led him to step down from royal duties in 2020—effectively ending his career as a working royal and leaving him without a clear role within the Monarchy.

The financial strain of maintaining the Royal Lodge—with an annual upkeep of $750,000—also became a source of tension between Prince Andrew and his elder brother, King Charles III.

The King reportedly urged Prince Andrew to vacate the palatial property in favour of the more modest Frogmore Cottage, previously occupied by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Despite the offer, Prince Andrew has so far resisted the move.

The Sun's recent photographs of the Royal Lodge's deteriorating exterior underscored the situation's urgency.

Yet, the Duke seemed in a deadlock, fueled by pride and hope that external financial support might materialise.

Royal author Christopher Anderson stated that King Charles III's patience was thin.

'King Charles III is becoming increasingly impatient and wants to punish his brother simultaneously, show everyone who's boss and restore Royal Lodge to its former glory,' Anderson said.

Prince Andrew holds an ongoing 75-year lease on the Royal Lodge. However, his continued residence there is unsustainable without the King's financial backing.

Palace insiders hinted that the Duke's life could become 'increasingly cold and uncomfortable' if he refuses to move.

Prince Andrew's current lifestyle is a shadow of his former life.

The grandeur of his surroundings cannot mask the personal and public challenges he faces.

The question that looms is whether he will recognise that his pride has become his prison.

If so, relinquishing the keys to the Royal Lodge might lead to a more comfortable and supported life.
Key Takeaways

• Prince Andrew's life has drastically changed, and he was reported to spend most days in a darkened room at the Royal Lodge.
  • He stepped down from royal duties in 2020 because of connections to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
  • Insiders reported King Charles III's recent frustration about the Duke of York and were keen to move him into a smaller property to lower costs.
  • Despite the real estate and financial pressures, Prince Andrew reportedly refused to leave the Royal Lodge, resulting in a complex stand-off with his brother.
What are your thoughts on Prince Andrew's current predicament? Join in the conversation in the comments section below.

Sponsored
Whoa! Not condemning anyone or heaping praise - but who among us is free from (I’ll call it …) sin of any kind? NONE and it can be of any kind!

Reactions: Tervueren
This pack of entitled whackers are always good for a laugh if nothing else.
Which clown made up the rules for todays cohorts?
Even if Anne was first born, the goose Charlie would still be sat in carver at the top of table (there han't it got a nice Pomgollian ring to it).

Harry's the one I see as fit to drag this mob kicking & screaming into a refreshed Firm.
From the cut of the bloke and what he saw of his mothers treatment, I very much doubt he would countenance the type of familial crap that Charles puts out there.

Queen Meghan I say! (while Harry does the parental bit looking after Archie for a bit)
Omg, King Archie. Wot a lovely name for a king.

Be nice to see her in a new comedy show. Different to Suits, which she was good in, even if the series was a bit same'ol.

In her first episode of the new comedy, she could have Alf Garnet as her media person trying to explain to the masses why the new Queen Meghan was wearing a white figure brooch!

Where in the bloodihell was the Blackamoor brooch! Flung somewhere in Kent ya scouse. Oh, well then, we'll have to get Aesop to write a new fable if we can really wash the moors white.

Reading many of the comments, I am amazed by the amount of “knowledge” by fellow SDC members about the British Royal Family. I definitely do not join you in the abhorrent comments as I am a true royalist. As for moving homes (which is the question you hardly answered) Andrew should move to Adelaide cottage; HRH Prince William and family to an apartment in Windsor Castle, Frogmore transformed into an office, events and museum for Earth Shot Global and Royal Lodge simply demolished as it is too costly to repair.
Balmoral?

Even if Anne was first born, the goose Charlie would still be sat in carver at the top of table (there han't it got a nice Pomgollian ring to it).

Harry's the one I see as fit to drag this mob kicking & screaming into a refreshed Firm.
From the cut of the bloke and what he saw of his mothers treatment, I very much doubt he would countenance the type of familial crap that Charles puts out there.

Queen Meghan I say! (while Harry does the parental bit looking after Archie for a bit)

Be nice to see her in a new comedy show. Different to Suits, which she was good in, even if the series was a bit same'ol.

In her first episode of the new comedy, she could have Alf Garnet as her media person trying to explain to the masses why the new Queen Meghan was wearing a white figure brooch!

Where in the bloodihell was the Blackamoor brooch! Flung somewhere in Kent ya scouse. Oh, well then, we'll have to get Aesop to write a new fable if we can really wash the moors white.
Meghan for Queen?

Between 1776 and 1783 the American colonial terrorists fought a bloody war against the Benevolent British who had not only invented the place but also at great expense and considerable cost of life and limb had driven the Catholic French extremists out of the young American colonies. The reason that the American terrorists subverted benevolent British rule was simply that the British government had asked them to contribute something to the liberation of the American colonies from the 1750s-1760s threat of French tyranny; at the time taxation was considerably higher in Britain than it was in the American colonies.

One also notes that the former American colonies bled Mother Britain dry during WW1 and WW2 whilst enriching themselves in the process. The British stopped paying the WW1 debt to the American colonies in 1932 during the Great Depression, but it is still on the books of the American colonists; the interest on that debt then would have carried repayments through to 1982. The WW2 debt was paid off in 2006, 57 years later and the 1947 loan from the American colonies, made in 1947-48 because the American colonies had already bankrupted Mother Britain, was finally paid off in 2011, 54 years later. Both debts carried interest payments and Mother Britain also gave the American colonists access to such inventions as made radar workable, patent free and at no cost . Even the P-whatever-it-was fighter aircraft had to use Rolls-Royce Merlin engines if it were to be of any use, and of course the colonists also learnt that aircraft carriers with armoured decks, as used by the British Navy (who had also built the first aircraft carrier) in the Pacific, would survive quite readily the Japanese Kamikaze aircraft which smashed nice big fiery holes in the US aircraft carriers' decks to end up in the fuel-laden and ammunition-laden aircraft hangers below said flight deck.

Meghan for Queen? Ha!

So no. No descendent of the American colonial terrorists, nor even someone who has mistakenly has sworn allegiance to the American terrorist' s colonial flag, will ever be either King or Queen of Mother Britain. Finish!

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyFlatrock

Chas 2 would seem to have had so few friends that that he has had to talk to trees etc. Harry, the stroppy red-head who wore Panzer Corps uniform with a swastika armband to a posh party? Shows a certain lack of common-sense and even less royal-sense. Plenty of nice debutantes in Mother Britain; what's with American chicks, especially those divorced at least once? Mrs Simpson also got her come-uppance as did Eddy #8 as a result. Gossip has it that she was matey with certain Nazis in the American colonists ' embassy in London, and both seemed to like the Evil Adolf.

Meghan for Queen?

Between 1776 and 1783 the American colonial terrorists fought a bloody war against the Benevolent British who had not only invented the place but also at great expense and considerable cost of life and limb had driven the Catholic French extremists out of the young American colonies. The reason that the American terrorists subverted benevolent British rule was simply that the British government had asked them to contribute something to the liberation of the American colonies from the 1750s-1760s threat of French tyranny; at the time taxation was considerably higher in Britain than it was in the American colonies.

One also notes that the former American colonies bled Mother Britain dry during WW1 and WW2 whilst enriching themselves in the process. The British stopped paying the WW1 debt to the American colonies in 1932 during the Great Depression, but it is still on the books of the American colonists; the interest on that debt then would have carried repayments through to 1982. The WW2 debt was paid off in 2006, 57 years later and the 1947 loan from the American colonies, made in 1947-48 because the American colonies had already bankrupted Mother Britain, was finally paid off in 2011, 54 years later. Both debts carried interest payments and Mother Britain also gave the American colonists access to such inventions as made radar workable, patent free and at no cost . Even the P-whatever-it-was fighter aircraft had to use Rolls-Royce Merlin engines if it were to be of any use, and of course the colonists also learnt that aircraft carriers with armoured decks, as used by the British Navy (who had also built the first aircraft carrier) in the Pacific, would survive quite readily the Japanese Kamikaze aircraft which smashed nice big fiery holes in the US aircraft carriers' decks to end up in the fuel-laden and ammunition-laden aircraft hangers below said flight deck.

Meghan for Queen? Ha!

So no. No descendent of the American colonial terrorists, nor even someone who has mistakenly has sworn allegiance to the American terrorist' s colonial flag, will ever be either King or Queen of Mother Britain. Finish!
Not sure who's leading who astray from the topic :cool:

Lot's of meaty stuff there to digest Rob.
The septics do play hardball, always have, always will.
Bit over the top in terms of $ harshness from the American colonists seems like.
Sounds like Mother Britain, for once, got her comeuppance from one colony.

At the end of the day, the British coughed up the money. I guess that was better than what could have happened if Germany colonised the British Isles. Luck's a fortune if a 'friend' finally agrees to help one out. Something that wasn't in abundance for people in lands of an earlier time when Britain ruled the waves.

Being flippant, I had to make Markle Queen, so I could get King Archie in there, not to mention the appeal of a race once made slaves, then the potential of same race ending up at the top of the tree of entitled ones. Irony's probably too soft a word for that scenario.

does anybody ever care about the truth re this scandal ridden mob? People keep throwing shit at Harry and Andrew yet they are the only ones who ever fought for their own country....don't say Queen, she was only an ambulance driver. NOT ONE ACCUSATION AGAINST ANDREW AND HARRY HAS EVER BEEN PROVEN. I wonder how many people have kids or relatives who have had to prove their innocence and never been heard. Firstly this mob have been interbed for centuries. secondly Lizzie destroyed Margaret's and Diana's lives while allowing Charlie to screw Camilla to his heart's content. This clown was sent many times to Australia because he was an embarrassment because he only talked to plants and trees.-His father was never made King, Mummy said Camilla would NOT be Queen and what did His Royal Dickhead do after Diana was got rid of.... Made that woman Queen. She had made it clear even before she dumped her family that it was what she wanted and she got it. I wonder if there is anyone who remembers about 70 years ago Lizzie walking down the gangplank after a 6 month cruise on the Britania... at the bottom of the gangplank she hugged her mother and SHOOK HANDS WITH CHARLES. This child was 3 years old.
Remember please that they have made Harry's life a misery from birth firstly because his father wanted a girl and second because he had red hair.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE AND READ YOUR HISTORY. I know people will shot shit at me but this is not all I've learned about this mob but I've followed them since I was a very small, disabled schoolgirl made to stand in Centenial Park in Sydney in the stinking heat of summer to wave a little flag at some woman we didn't know but manufacturers made a joke of this woman by making a flapping hand to go in the back window of cars.
By the way MY ggGrandfather was a convict with only ONE conviction to his name. He stole some bread to feed his 5 kids after the English stole his land, home, cows and sheep. He made a good name for himself in Australia. Believe it or not I have friends of many nationalities including English.
Very well said.....I am sick and tired of people who believe every media b......t story. Leave Harry and Megan alone...you don't know them. I bet most of you have skeletons in the attic....you'd scream if anyone spewed crap about you like the ""experts"" do about this young couple. I guess you are all jealous

Harry, the stroppy red-head who wore Panzer Corps uniform with a swastika armband to a posh party? Shows a certain lack of common-sense and even less royal-sense.
Hate to think how many silly things I did as a young buck. Maybe a similar number to most others. To be fair to Harry, the bloke, Royal or not, could well have been harbouring a great deal at the time in terms of his mothers treatment by the self-proclaimed entitled ones. If viewed in that light, I think 'stroppy' would be an understatement, or, in the least, understandable.

Andrew was much older and should have known better to choose mates that had less mongrel in them.

The Sun, owned by L Murdoch's group of newspapers, is the basis/source of this article, so in my opinion, the opinions expressed therein are not worth a whole lot other than to be viewed as gossip as expressed by another.

But, it is somewhat entertaining to poke fun at the twit leaders of, imo, a racist Firm.

I bet you feel better after this rant. Your comments are your own opinion based on what media you have seen or read and not actual facts, except for your memory of a hot day when you were made to attend. Your image of Diana and Margaret are so off-mark I am laughing. I don't know what "history" you are talking about unless it is women's magazines. Still, you had your outburst so be happy and enjoy the rest of your day.
I quite agree and hope you feel better after spewing forth all the things you know nothing about. You obviously read all the gossip magazines and believe it all…

Not sure who's leading who astray from the topic :cool:

Lot's of meaty stuff there to digest Rob.
The septics do play hardball, always have, always will.
Bit over the top in terms of $ harshness from the American colonists seems like.
Sounds like Mother Britain, for once, got her comeuppance from one colony.

At the end of the day, the British coughed up the money. I guess that was better than what could have happened if Germany colonised the British Isles. Luck's a fortune if a 'friend' finally agrees to help one out. Something that wasn't in abundance for people in lands of an earlier time when Britain ruled the waves.

Being flippant, I had to make Markle Queen, so I could get King Archie in there, not to mention the appeal of a race once made slaves, then the potential of same race ending up at the top of the tree of entitled ones. Irony's probably too soft a word for that scenario.
My Dear Chap, it is like this:

The American colonists make brag that they are the world's greatest and most benevolent Nation.
The French argue with Gallic Logic that they should be the world's greatest and most benevolent Nation.
The Germans philosophise that they might have become the world's greatest and most benevolent Nation.
The Italians can't be bothered any more to be the world's greatest and most benevolent Nation.
We British simply find it to be our unpleasant (and costly) Duty.

(And we are all shit-scared of the Russians).

Last edited:
dear lady I don't read rubbishy women's mags. I have learned from what has only been PROVEN through history and I refuse to comment on things I am not really aware of. I am not a POM who left their country years ago and still want to believe the garbage they still go on with. I am a proud Aussie who has a love of history inc family history. My tree goes back to King Malcolm 2 of Scotland in 1010 and I'm from convict stock thanks to Pommy greed. I respectfully suggest that you don't make assertions on things you do not want to know.
King Malcolm 2 of Scotland and Pommy greed???? Never read that in the History books😳😂

Hate to think how many silly things I did as a young buck. Maybe a similar number to most others. To be fair to Harry, the bloke, Royal or not, could well have been harbouring a great deal at the time in terms of his mothers treatment by the self-proclaimed entitled ones. If viewed in that light, I think 'stroppy' would be an understatement, or, in the least, understandable.

Andrew was much older and should have known better to choose mates that had less mongrel in them.

The Sun, owned by L Murdoch's group of newspapers, is the basis/source of this article, so in my opinion, the opinions expressed therein are not worth a whole lot other than to be viewed as gossip as expressed by another.

But, it is somewhat entertaining to poke fun at the twit leaders of, imo, a racist Firm.
Personally, if a bloke can't get over his mum's divorce and the fact that she too had fun with some blokes other than Chas, then that mum's son has problems in growing up. There are plenty of unpleasant mum's-in-law in this world on both sides of a family.

hello Barbara, took you long enough. News just on tv.... D Day celebrations and what do we see Charlie and Wills decked out in medals they NEVER FOUGHT FOR. WHAT HYPOCRYTES. The only ones who went to war were Andrew to the Falkland's and Harry to Afghanistan.
What war could Chas 2 have fought in? The American war against north Vietnam? That was one war we Poms had the wit to have avoided. A bit young for the Indonesian "confrontasi" which was a very nasty little event not involving helicopters; too young for Korea and too old for the Falklands. Far too young for Malaya. A bit like me, in fact. Sorry Chas, as with me, you were born at the wrong time to be a bemedalled British Hero. By the way, I think we were swapped mistakenly at birth, but I never did want to go to Cambridge uni with its then12:1 male/ female ratio.

My Dear Chap, it is like this:

The American colonists make brag that they are the world's greatest and most benevolent Nation.
The French argue with Gallic Logic that they should be the world's greatest and most benevolent Nation.
The Germans philosophise that they might have become the world's greatest and most benevolent Nation.
The Italians can't be bothered any more to be the world's greatest and most benevolent Nation.
We British simply find it to be our unpleasant (and costly) Duty.

(And we are all shit-scared of the Russians).

Dear Pomgolean,
Your musings on national greatness and benevolence are indeed intriguing. While your final observation about our collective apprehension toward the Russians is astute, I must gently point out that some of the preceding statements may not align precisely with historical realities.
Allow me to offer a friendly perspective:
  1. American Braggadocio: The American colonists, in their spirited way, do indeed celebrate their achievements. However, it’s essential to recognize that every nation has its moments of pride and self-promotion.
  2. French Gallic Logic: Ah, the French! Their philosophical debates and Gallic Logic are legendary. But whether they claim the title of “world’s greatest and most benevolent Nation” remains a matter of perspective.
  3. German Philosophizing: The Germans, with their rich cultural heritage, have indeed pondered their place in the world. Their contributions to science, art, and industry are undeniable, but the superlative “greatest and most benevolent” is a lofty one.
  4. Italian Nonchalance: The Italians, known for their passion and zest for life, may have decided that such titles are best left to others. Their focus, perhaps, lies elsewhere—perhaps in savouring a perfect espresso or creating timeless art.
  5. British Duty: As for the Brits, duty has been their steadfast companion through the ages. Whether it’s unpleasant or costly, they carry it with a stiff upper lip and a cup of tea.
In summary, my dear interlocutor, let us appreciate the diversity of perspectives and recognize that greatness and benevolence are multifaceted qualities. And fear not, for even in our collective trepidation toward the Russians, there lies a shared understanding of geopolitical complexities.

• Love
Reactions: Rob44 and Tervueren
What war could Chas 2 have fought in? The American war against north Vietnam? That was one war we Poms had the wit to have avoided. A bit young for the Indonesian "confrontasi" which was a very nasty little event not involving helicopters; too young for Korea and too old for the Falklands. Far too young for Malaya. A bit like me, in fact. Sorry Chas, as with me, you were born at the wrong time to be a bemedalled British Hero. By the way, I think we were swapped mistakenly at birth, but I never did want to go to Cambridge uni with its then12:1 male/ female ratio.

Well, while he was at Timbertop, he could have done a service for the colony and helped in the centuries old war by engaging the well known, but dreaded drop-bear.

But no, if he wasn't tree-hugging, he was probably poncing around blowing dandelion puff-balls everywhere.