Is this you Ron? You don't look a day over 40.
Yep, that's me Xe...74 last birthday...I've always been able to stay naturally fit, it's my rotten spine that lets me down..Plates, screws, etc, etc.
All from an injury about 50 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
Yep, that's me Xe...74 last birthday...I've always been able to stay naturally fit, it's my rotten spine that lets me down..Plates, screws, etc, etc.
All from an injury about 50 years ago.
Oh I'm so sorry. I'm not sure if you've shared before... but would you mind saying how that happened?

Oh I'm so sorry. I'm not sure if you've shared before... but would you mind saying how that happened?
About 50 years ago, I was sitting at a red light at an intersection and got hit from behind..they reckon he was doing about 80-90ks. I've had four major surgeries over the years and probably 20-30 minor ones to try and help with the pain which is with me all day every day. I had to give up my sport and lots of other things I loved doing. My photography is a god send, something I can still do.

• Wow
About 50 years ago, I was sitting at a red light at an intersection and got hit from behind..they reckon he was doing about 80-90ks. I've had four major surgeries over the years and probably 20-30 minor ones to try and help with the pain which is with me all day every day. I had to give up my sport and lots of other things I loved doing. My photography is a god send, something I can still do.
Wow so you were really young when it happened! Did the guy face any repercussions? I mean it has had such a huge impact on your life.

Wow so you were really young when it happened! Did the guy face any repercussions? I mean it has had such a huge impact on your life.
When it happened I didn't realise I had been injured so badly..probably shock. When I got out of the car I grabed him by his shirt front and was going to punch his lights out (he was actually looking sideways out his car window when he hit me, it wasn't an accident but stupidity) but thought better of it..some time later our lawyer wanted to take him to court but after the months in hospital, waiting, operations, scans, etc, etc, I just didn't have the energy to go through what could be a lengthy court case. It wasn't going to fix my spine anyway and we didn't need the money...being unable to rough house, play footy, etc, with my son when he was growing up was something else I missed out on.

When it happened I didn't realise I had been injured so badly..probably shock. When I got out of the car I grabed him by his shirt front and was going to punch his lights out (he was actually looking sideways out his car window when he hit me, it wasn't an accident but stupidity) but thought better of it..some time later our lawyer wanted to take him to court but after the months in hospital, waiting, operations, scans, etc, etc, I just didn't have the energy to go through what could be a lengthy court case. It wasn't going to fix my spine anyway and we didn't need the money...being unable to rough house, play footy, etc, with my son when he was growing up was something else I missed out on.
Wow. You are a much bigger person than I am. I think it would have been more about criminal charges than suing for money in my opinion. That is severe negligence and at the very least his licence should have been suspended. Was he around your age at the time?

Wow. You are a much bigger person than I am. I think it would have been more about criminal charges than suing for money in my opinion. That is severe negligence and at the very least his licence should have been suspended. Was he around your age at the time?
Mid 40s I think...

This is too good Ron, I'm putting this in tomorrow's newsletter now! Look out for a photo of yourself tomorrow at 8am. I hope you don't mind, but I'll caption it with 'The man, the myth, the legend!' :ROFLMAO:
That's OK Maddie, I just hope no-one I know sees it...:eek:

• Love
Hahaha Ron! After seeing the rest of this thread it's clear that your body may have been broken but your spirit is not! I love it :):)