SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Suzanne rose

Suzanne rose

Jun 27, 2022
Sydney
Romper Room

One of my favourite shows as a little girl has to been romper room.

I was lucky enough to have all those toys to play along when the show was on. Punching ball, the step in cardboard car, the batton, the cap , the puppet and even the cup.

Remembering games such as Bend n stretch and Come with us and Gallop.

My three eldest children went on to enjoy it as well and my eldest son actually went on the show February 1986 when he was 4 1/2 . Sadly when his brother was set to also go on it was cancelled.

images.jpeg-34.jpg

Romper Room

I was lucky enough to have all those toys to play along when the show was on. Punching ball, the step in cardboard car, the batton, the cap , the puppet and even the cup.

My three eldest children went on to enjoy it as well and my eldest son actually went on the show February 1986 when he was 4 1/2 . Sadly when his brother was set to also go on it was cancelled.

View attachment 16420
In the 70s my son and I would watch Romper Room everyday we would walk around the lounge with a basket on our head singing the songs . Mr Do Bee how do you do we're going to play a game with you we'll make you buzzzz we'll make you fly and catch you as you pass us by .and Punch punch punch the ball punching is so much fun you use your fist your hand your wrist and keep it on the run . Hope I remembered them right

My son when he was 4 1/2 appeared on Romper Room and the day before he was stung by a Bee on his finger and as he is allergic to bee's his whole arm below the Elbow swelled up like a balloon.
On romper room in the beginning of the show Miss Patricia spoke to each child , when it was my sons turn he she asked what happened to his arm, he told her how a bee stung him and he had to go to hospital and that he is allergic to bees and now he hates bee's .....hmm Mr Doobie the mascot is a bee

Oh, what wonderful Romper Room memories... My daughter and I loved this program and Miss Helene back in the eighties. It was fun exercising to Bend and Stretch (I even remember all the words) and how cute were the children drinking their milk! 😊

Romper Room

View attachment 16420
My son is a chronic Asthmatic and was for spending time in hospital he is now 48 and for his 21dt birthday we had a big party at our location club We had a big board there it was on wheels so we move it up near the stage area I show all of his friends any his life growing up. One of those items was a letter from Miss Helena from the Romper Room.So many comments about it “oh I remember her “” I”used to watch that show every day “and because he couldn’t go the show she said Happy Birthday to Bradley who is in hospital.To this day he still has that letter

• Love
Reactions: Annette V