Robert Irwin hits milestone after being nominated for prestigious award

In a world where the glitz and glamour of the entertainment industry often seem reserved for seasoned veterans, a fresh face has emerged to challenge the status quo.

At the age of 20, Robert Irwin, the son of the late and great Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin, has been nominated for one of Australia's most prestigious television awards—the Gold Logie.

The Gold Logie, which recognises the crème de la crème of the Australian television industry, has seen many illustrious personalities grace its nominee list.

However, Robert's nomination is particularly noteworthy, not just because of his age but also because of his legacy.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 8.16.29 AM.png
Robert Irwin is nominated for the Gold Logie Award. Credit: @mediaweekaus / Instagram

Following in his father's footsteps, Robert has become a beloved figure on television, showcasing his passion for wildlife and conservation to audiences across the nation.

His nomination follows his recent stint as a co-host on the popular reality show I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, which was broadcast on Network 10.

But the road to the Gold Logie is not without its challenges. Robert faces stiff competition from various television stalwarts, including Larry Emdur, Sonia Kruger, Asher Keddie, Andy Lee, and his co-host Julia Morris.

Not to mention, Tony Armstrong, a popular ABC presenter who clinched a Silver Logie last year, is also in the running.

In addition to the Gold Logie, Robert is nominated for the Bert Newton Award for Most Popular Presenter, alongside other notable personalities such as Hamish Blake.

The Logies, hosted by comedian Sam Pang, will take place in Sydney on 18 August. This 64th annual event will be broadcast on Channel 7, allowing viewers across Australia to tune in and see if this young conservationist can take home the gold.

The public plays a crucial role in deciding the winners, with online voting now open at vote.tvweeklogies.com.au.

It's an opportunity for fans to show their support for their favourite stars and programs, and with such a varied and talented list of nominees, every vote counts.

This year's Logies nominations span various categories, from drama to comedy, news to reality TV.

It's a testament to the rich tapestry of Australian television and the stories it tells. From gripping dramas like Total Control and The Newsreader to laugh-out-loud comedies like Utopia and Mother and Son, there's no shortage of quality content vying for recognition.
Key Takeaways
  • Robert Irwin, at just 20 years old, has been nominated for the Gold Logie Award, one of Australia's most prestigious television industry accolades.
  • Aside from the Gold Logie, Robert is also up for the Bert Newton Award for Most Popular Presenter with competitors, including industry veterans and a previous Silver Logie winner.
  • Comedian Sam Pang is set to host the 64th annual Logie Awards ceremony, which will be held in Sydney on 18 August and broadcast on Channel 7.
  • The public is invited to vote for the Logie Awards online, with a wide range of categories and nominees listed for recognition in Australian television.
Who are you vying for this Logie Awards 2024? Who do you think will win this year? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Yes, I do wish them well and no I do not care who wins a Logie.
Grandad gave the park to Steve. Bob Irwin has received a retirement package worth over $1 million and is paid a yearly pension of nearly $100,000 since leaving Australia Zoo.23 June 2021. He is 85 years old. He is ok. Who knows about family relations but they have grown their business a lot since then.
"No I am not a friend"..... but, they speak so highly of you!?
and they have gathered grandad bob into their family circle. NOT. i am 85 years old too so maybe that is why I do not care for them or their antics. you seem to have all the info on this family. The package is not my worry it is the exclusiveness of Steves parent. I doubt Steve would agree and also how do you know Bob is okay?

who watches the ABC????
We watch more shows on the ABC than any other channel. We don’t watch any of the lifestyle crappy shows, don’t have any pay tv or watch any streaming services. We enjoy shows that have a story to them, cartoons, documentaries, our local channel and the AbC for news. Hubby enjoys old black and white movies and shows such as I Dream of Jeanie, F Troop, My Favorite Martian. I would be lucky to watch ten hours of TV a week and that includes some news, by choice. We don’t normally vote at Logies, but this year we are voting for Tony Armstrong, we both enjoy watching him on TV.

We watch more shows on the ABC than any other channel. We don’t watch any of the lifestyle crappy shows, don’t have any pay tv or watch any streaming services. We enjoy shows that have a story to them, cartoons, documentaries, our local channel and the AbC for news. Hubby enjoys old black and white movies and shows such as I Dream of Jeanie, F Troop, My Favorite Martian. I would be lucky to watch ten hours of TV a week and that includes some news, by choice. We don’t normally vote at Logies, but this year we are voting for Tony Armstrong, we both enjoy watching him on TV.
each to their own. I watch news channels on Fox and a lot of sports, and i put your programmes with lifestyle crappy programmes from a bygone era. funny then not so funny now.