Rissoles Cooked In A Pie Maker

This one is for those of you who have a pie maker .
Cook these rissoles super-fast in a pie maker. They keep their round shape and don’t need any oil. You can make extra, freeze and reheat in your pie maker so you’ll always have some on hand for a quick dinner.
By Australia's bestrecipes

pie-maker-rissoles-956694-2.jpg

Ingredients​

• 1kg beef mince
  • 1 cup homemade breadcrumbs
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbs tomato sauce
  • 2 tbs barbecue sauce
  • Pinch of Italian herbs
  • Salt and pepper

Method​

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. You will need to use your hands. Form mix into patties.
  2. To ensure you have the right shape, place them into one of the pie maker holes (while cool and turned off at the switch). Press gently on top using the lid of a glass jar. Remove gently with a spoon and store on plates until needed.
  3. To cook, heat the pie maker until it is hot. Add in a rissole to each hole (you do not need to add oil). Cook for around four minutes on each side, turning the rissoles carefully using a spoon.
  4. Freeze any remaining, uncooked rissoles on plastic plates. Once frozen, transfer to a container or freezer bags. To cook, place frozen rissoles directly into a heated pie maker and cook for around five to six minutes on each side.
Serve with your choice of vegetables and mash .
Even goes well on a bun with salad

Last edited:
Sponsored
The rissoles in the supermarkets are always quite fatty and this recipe is much healthier - thank you :)

AND ????x? SERIOUSLY LIGHTEN UP. DO YOU DO THIS TOO OTHER PEOPLE WHO POST RECIPES , I DONT THINK SO .THIS IS STARTING TO BE TOO MUCH
This person has serious problems.
Thanks so much for this idea, never thought of doing this.
I always do my eggs in the pie maker.
I wonder if I need to check and make.sure that nobody has done this before me and I need to acknowledge it LOL.🤣😘

This person has serious problems.
Thanks so much for this idea, never thought of doing this.
I always do my eggs in the pie maker.
I wonder if I need to check and make.sure that nobody has done this before me and I need to acknowledge it LOL.🤣😘
I never thought of doing eggs now I am going to try that . See this is what it's all about sharing recipes and ideas 💡 😋

Cook these rissoles super-fast in a pie maker. They keep their round shape and don’t need any oil. You can make extra, freeze and reheat in your pie maker so you’ll always have some on hand for a quick dinner.

View attachment 31676

Ingredients​

• 1kg beef mince
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbs tomato sauce
  • 2 tbs barbecue sauce
  • Pinch of Italian herbs
  • Salt and pepper

Method​

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. You will need to use your hands. Form mix into patties.
  2. To ensure you have the right shape, place them into one of the pie maker holes (while cool and turned off at the switch). Press gently on top using the lid of a glass jar. Remove gently with a spoon and store on plates until needed.
  3. To cook, heat the pie maker until it is hot. Add in a rissole to each hole (you do not need to add oil). Cook for around four minutes on each side, turning the rissoles carefully using a spoon.
  4. Freeze any remaining, uncooked rissoles on plastic plates. Once frozen, transfer to a container or freezer bags. To cook, place frozen rissoles directly into a heated pie maker and cook for around five to six minutes on each side.

View attachment 31676

Ingredients​

• 1kg beef mince
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbs tomato sauce
  • 2 tbs barbecue sauce
  • Pinch of Italian herbs
  • Salt and pepper

Method​

View attachment 31676

Ingredients​

• 1kg beef mince
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbs tomato sauce
  • 2 tbs barbecue sauce
  • Pinch of Italian herbs
  • Salt and pepper

Method​

I presume that these are made in a mini pie maker, would a muffin maker or a cupcake maker work just as well?