Revolutionize Your Cleaning Routine with this $12 Kmart Hack – Say Goodbye to Drudgery Forever!

As we age, it's only natural to look for ways to make our lives easier, especially when it comes to household chores. Cleaning, a task that can be both physically demanding and time-consuming, is one area where we all appreciate a good hack. And for those of us who dread the particular chore of cleaning oven racks, a clever Kmart shopper has just the solution to turn this tedious job into a bearable, if not enjoyable, task.

The challenge of finding a suitable container to soak oven racks is one that many of us face. The racks are often too large for standard sinks, and using the bathtub can be impractical and unsanitary. But, as this savvy shopper discovered, a $12 item from Kmart can make all the difference.

The item in question? An underbed storage tub, complete with wheels for easy maneuverability. 'I don't know why I haven't thought of this before!' the shopper exclaimed in a Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Facebook group. 'The Kmart underbed storage tubs are literally the perfect size.'

photo_20240730_100923_0000.png
A Kmart shopper has found another purpose for Kmart's $12 underbed storage tub. Credit: Kmart / Facebook

This hack is not only ingenious in its simplicity but also adds a layer of convenience with the tub's mobility. 'Added bonus, they're on wheels so you can just roll it over to the sink to empty the water,' she added.

The response from the Kmart community was overwhelmingly positive, with many praising the hack as a 'game changer.' 'Thank you so much. Just about to clean the oven and I hate doing the racks,' one person commented, echoing a sentiment many of us share.

Others chimed in with their own variations of the hack. 'I do something similar and add ammonia to the hot water,' another suggested, highlighting a method for tackling even the most stubborn grime. 'I soak mine in a towel soaked in ammonia, wrap in a plastic bag. Leave outside overnight. Bring in wash in soapy water. Removed the most stubborn baked-on stuff,' shared another, offering a more intensive cleaning alternative.

For those who are looking for a less labor-intensive approach, the original poster also provided some soaking tips. 'Just [soak in] dishwasher powder if not too dirty. Otherwise vinegar and baking soda,' she advised, offering a solution for varying degrees of rack dirtiness.

This $12 Kmart hack is a testament to the power of community-shared knowledge and the joy of finding simple solutions to everyday problems. It's a reminder that sometimes, the best tools for the job are already at our fingertips, repurposed in ways we hadn't imagined.

So, next time you're faced with the daunting task of cleaning your oven racks, remember this Kmart shopper's hack. It might just transform your cleaning routine and give you more time to enjoy the things you love.

Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart shopper shared a clever hack for cleaning oven racks, using a $12 underbed storage tub on wheels from Kmart.
  • This solution was praised on social media as a 'game changer' for being an easy way to soak oven racks without using a bathtub.
  • Members of a Kmart Home Decor & Hacks Facebook group expressed admiration for the idea and shared their own cleaning tips.
  • The original poster also provided a recommendation for soaking the racks in dishwasher powder, vinegar, and baking soda.

We at the Seniors Discount Club are always on the lookout for tips and tricks to make life easier for our members. Have you tried this Kmart hack, or do you have a cleaning hack of your own? Share your experiences and suggestions in the comments below – your wisdom could be a game-changer for someone else!

Sponsored