Jul 1, 2023
Rental Property required in the Northern Suburbs of Perth

Hello Members, My wife and I need to find somewhere to live, we have rented for the past 18 years and Renovated and Improved the house we live in at our own expense. The Owner has said We are the Best Tenants he has Ever Had and he is sorry to lose us but since he only paid $ 310 Thousand Dollars in 2005 to purchase the property now that we have done all the works on the property, its now worth $ 650-$ 670 Thousand Dollars, so we need to move out because he needs to sell.
Not Sure if anyone knows of anyone who could possible be able to assist us at this time, I am 72 years old and my wife is 68, We don't Smoke and we don't have Pets.
Would like to stay in the Joondalup Area but would certainly move to Currambine, Kinross, Heathridge, basically we are not in a position to pick and choose.
We have also never missed a rental payment in the time we have been Tenants
The one thing I can promise is that I would certainly ensure the property is maintained as I am a Qualified Painter and Decorator with an employment history of being a Construction Supervisor / Construction Project Manager / Construction Repairs Manager.
Would appreciate any feedback from Members and would thank them for allowing me some of their most valued time and consideration.

Hello Members, My wife and I need to find somewhere to live, we have rented for the past 18 years and Renovated and Improved the house we live in at our own expense. The Owner has said We are the Best Tenants he has Ever Had and he is sorry to lose us but since he only paid $ 310 Thousand Dollars in 2005 to purchase the property now that we have done all the works on the property, its now worth $ 650-$ 670 Thousand Dollars, so we need to move out because he needs to sell.
Not Sure if anyone knows of anyone who could possible be able to assist us at this time, I am 72 years old and my wife is 68, We don't Smoke and we don't have Pets.
Would like to stay in the Joondalup Area but would certainly move to Currambine, Kinross, Heathridge, basically we are not in a position to pick and choose.
The one thing I can promise is that I would certainly ensure the property is maintained as I am a Qualified Painter and Decorator with an employment history of being a Construction Supervisor / Construction Project Manager / Construction Repairs Manager.
Would appreciate any feedback from Members and would thank them for allowing me some of their most valued time and consideration.
He might need to check it out. My daughter has just renovated their rental. Can get over $1 million for it. Capital gains taxes would leave them with $400,000.

To all the Members who have sent through such Kind Words of Support, Thank-You All ever so much.
Yes its a Stressful Time but knowing that we have others in the same boat, we understand and hope that those in genuine need also get the support they need.
Have a Great Day Members and Thanks again for taking the time to post a message of support to us.

Hi Guys, l may be able to assist if you are interested. I have a small granny flat, newly finished in Quinns Rocks. Self contained, quiet and private, apart from my 2 kids as I am a single parent. Rent is very reasonable. I can be contacted at. [email protected]. regards

There are quite a few lifestyle villages in those areas that you have mentioned if this is the type of housing that you would consider - safe and i am led to believe affordable? How long before you have to move out - you should be given 3 months unless the ruling on that has changed - check with tenancy advice bureau. If either you or your wife have concerning health issues - apply for dept of housing - seniors living. Then go and see your GP with a medical form which homeswest will provide with the applications form that needs to be completed, for the GP to complete. This will then put you on the depts emergency seniors housing list (i think that is 6 months?) - for a villa style complex. You may need to be in private housing until your seniors dept of housing comes up - so the lifestyle village may be the best way to rent until then, if there are any rentals available. All the very best.

Reactions: Rhondda@Benji
Hi Guys, l may be able to assist if you are interested. I have a small granny flat, newly finished in Quinns Rocks. Self contained, quiet and private, apart from my 2 kids as I am a single parent. Rent is very reasonable. I can be contacted at. [email protected]. regards
Your Email name say's it all, Best Dad Ever and I say You are one Very Special Person, what a kind offer to make, you will have to excuse me but you could have blown us over with a feather, both my wife and I wish to say a very Sincere Thank-You to You for your offer of assistance at this time but as I am sure you will understand we have possibly way too much in belongings of which we are at present passing over to Good Sammy's to lighten the load, we are still searching and will certainly let you know of when we find a new place to live. Thank- You again for your gesture and we wish you and your family Good Health / Happiness / and Prosperity, You are One Nice Gentleman

There are quite a few lifestyle villages in those areas that you have mentioned if this is the type of housing that you would consider - safe and i am led to believe affordable? How long before you have to move out - you should be given 3 months unless the ruling on that has changed - check with tenancy advice bureau. If either you or your wife have concerning health issues - apply for dept of housing - seniors living. Then go and see your GP with a medical form which homeswest will provide with the applications form that needs to be completed, for the GP to complete. This will then put you on the depts emergency seniors housing list (i think that is 6 months?) - for a villa style complex. You may need to be in private housing until your seniors dept of housing comes up - so the lifestyle village may be the best way to rent until then, if there are any rentals available. All the very best.
Thank-You ever so much for your so very kind words of support, I am hoping to see someone at the Local Joondalup Community Centre and your words of advise have been taken on board and Yes, I will ask the questions relating to what you have suggested.
WOW, You Kind People out there, we are blown away with the responses that are being posted.
THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, Good Karma is on its way to everyone, What Beautiful Nice People.

• Love
Reactions: Milica
I wonder if you qualify for a percentage of the house sale seeing you did all the improvements over the years! That’s quite a substantial rise in house value.
We Wish, That's not going to happen, I think the Owner wrote the Beatles Hit Song [ Give Me Money, That's All I Want ] but your suggestion is greatly appreciated, Thank-You for you Kind Words of Support.

• Haha
Reactions: Milica