Removing car scratches has never been easier with this coconut oil and vinegar hack!

For those of us who love our cars and take pride in their appearance, there's nothing more heart-wrenching than seeing a fresh scratch, either by accident or through the cruel hand of fate (or other car doors in the car park).

But worry not! An ingenious tip has revealed a surprising way to remove those unsightly scratches using two very unexpected ingredients—coconut oil and white vinegar.

1684733831421.png
Arnie Negrete enlightened millions with a simple two-ingredient hack. Source: Arnienegrete/TikTok

Meet Arnie Negrete, the genius behind the tip. Boasting more than seven million followers, he is a well-known life-hacking guru, sharing cleaning tips, food tricks and much more for his eager audience.

Recently, one of his videos in which he demonstrated the innovative two-ingredient method to banish car scratches soared in popularity, amassing nearly 30 million views and thousands of responses. Watch the video here:

'WHAT THE HECK!? That is so cool!' exclaimed Negrete in his video. 'I can make my car brand new with just this.' He added.

But how does it work? It's simple. All you need is a mixture of coconut oil and white vinegar, and a microfibre cloth to gently wipe onto the scratch-marred surface of your beloved car.

'Ok, so I have this nasty scratch—let's see if it will erase it. Here we go.' said Negrete. After just a couple of wipes, the scratch vanished without a trace.

'Oh! That's so cool,' he exclaimed.

As with any home remedy, opinions were split among the thousands of comments that flooded Negrete's video. Many fellow car enthusiasts confirmed the effectiveness or expressed their eagerness to give the solution a whirl

'It actually works,' attested one person.

'Wow, I just saved myself $150,' another user chimed in.

'I'm going to try this', declared a third.

However, some naysayers cautioned that it either did not work for them or pleaded with others to opt instead for professional-grade detailing solutions. 'DOES NOT WORK. I feel silly for trying it.' lamented one critic.

'As a detailer, don't do this, people. Please, just get some Tcut and some compound polish.' another commenter implored.

Others suggested the fix might only be temporary, with scratches reappearing after the coconut and vinegar mixture dried on the car. 'It works for like an hour, then the scratches come back,' someone remarked.

Despite the split opinions, there's no denying the charm and promise of this easy-to-try, wallet-friendly home remedy. At the very least, it gives us hope that small cosmetic blemishes on our cherished vehicles can be quickly and easily (if temporarily) erased.

Alternative Methods for Removing Car Scratches​

For those wanting a longer-term and more reliable result, there are some other options available. One is abrasive polishing, which involves the use of coarse polishing pads or compounds to manually remove scratches from the surface. This method can be more time-consuming and cause more dust but works for more stubborn scratches.

Another technique is paintless dent removal. With this method, scratches are removed by using special tools to fix dents, dings, and surface imperfections. For smaller scratches, wax-based car polishes can be used to fill in the surface imperfections, giving a shining and smooth finish.

Finally, professional paintwork services are also available to restore a car’s finish. A reputable workshop will be able to provide the best results, as they have the proper tools and expertise necessary for the job. However, this is generally the most expensive option and will require a visit to the repair shop.

Whichever method you choose, it is best to first consult the experts for their advice.

Key Takeaways
  • A video showing how to remove car scratches using coconut oil and white vinegar has gone viral.
  • The video by Arnie Negrete has received nearly 30 million views and thousands of comments.
  • Some people confirmed the tip worked and saved them money, while others warned it had not worked for them.
  • Some users reported that it was just a temporary fix and the scratches returned after the mixture dried on the car.
So, if you're looking to try an unconventional, do-it-yourself approach to car care, why not give Negrete's coconut oil and vinegar trick a try? Be sure to let us know your results! And if you have any valuable tips on effectively removing car scratches, we encourage you to share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
<<scratches reappearing after the coconut and vinegar mixture dried on the car. 'It works for like an hour, then the scratches come back,'>>... a real genius. The rest of us are just moronic idiots then...

• Haha
Reactions: Ashmenou and Penny4
I use toothpaste to rub out minor scratches. Works like cut and polish. Put a small amount on a damp cloth and rub over the scratch. Wash off and dry. Works on other surfaces as well.