M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Recent PayPal Scam

Hi there Members!

I hope you're all well.

We got an email today from member Janice H. warning us of a PayPal scam she received yesterday. This is the information she provided us with:

I just want to warn everyone of a scam that I just received pretending to be from PayPal. Totally wicked people out there please inform others of this, I received the below message by text:

"#Paypal; You've sent 1500.00AUD to Mr. Paul Anderson Today at 10:17AM. If you didn't process. Reach us Immediately: +61-1800-411838 !!"

If you receive a text message that looks anything like the above please know it is a SCAM. You can tell by the '#Paypal' PayPal would never use a # before their name, also their PayPal (both Pay and Pal are capitalised). There is also incorrect grammar and no legitimate company would ever say "Reach us immediately" followed by their phone number and two exclamation marks.

Please be careful members and keep an eye out for these kinds of texts. A big thanks to member Janice H. for sharing this information with us!

I have received several emails from "PayPal" if I have any doubts about the transaction I contacted PayPal via email advising them about the payment, it’s a simple way to ensure that is not a scam. Also PayPal always address the email to the person name if it doesn't have Dear Bill Smith it’s a scam delete it.

Got similar yesterday - the bastards;
PayPal
April 19, 2022 07:52:50 AEST​
Transaction ID: 4R3D-42JF-K9I2
Dear Customer,
You sent a payment of $902.49 AUD to Binance Inc.
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear on your account. If you didn't authorize this transaction call us now at +61-1800-329-062.
Merchant
Binance Inc.
Instructions to merchant
Sent to [email protected].
Delivery address-Confirmed
10 Ageston Rd, Yamanto QLD 4207, AU
Dispatch details
The Buyer has Already Confirmed the E-Delivery.
DescriptionUnit priceQty
Amount
Doge/coin AUD$902.49 AUD1
$902.49 AUD​
Subtotal:​
$902.49 AUD​
Total:​
$902.49 AUD​
Payment:
$902.49 AUD
Charge will appear on your Credit Statement as 'PAY BINANCE'.​
Paypal sent to 'Bill@Binance'.​
Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center or else call us on +61-1800-329-062.
Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitoring this inbox. To get in touch with us, login to your account and click" Contact Us at the bottom of any page.

I have received several emails from supposedly Pay Pal asking me to up date my account details, as I don't have an account with them in the first place I just get rid of it, in the bin.

Reactions: Rosemarie
Hi there Members!

I hope you're all well.

We got an email today from member Janice H. warning us of a PayPal scam she received yesterday. This is the information she provided us with:

I just want to warn everyone of a scam that I just received pretending to be from PayPal. Totally wicked people out there please inform others of this, I received the below message by text:

"#Paypal; You've sent 1500.00AUD to Mr. Paul Anderson Today at 10:17AM. If you didn't process. Reach us Immediately: +61-1800-411838 !!"

If you receive a text message that looks anything like the above please know it is a SCAM. You can tell by the '#Paypal' PayPal would never use a # before their name, also their PayPal (both Pay and Pal are capitalised). There is also incorrect grammar and no legitimate company would ever say "Reach us immediately" followed by their phone number and two exclamation marks.

Please be careful members and keep an eye out for these kinds of texts. A big thanks to member Janice H. for sharing this information with us!
Bloody parasites

Hi there Members!

I hope you're all well.

Hello Janice.
Yes, I often get things like that in msgs from 'PAYPAL'.. but I never open any.. I just forward to address :- [email protected] & let them deal with it.. they will reply you.
Regards.
Bob

Just this moment ago had a call from supposedly Amazon saying someone was trying to buy an iPad from them using my account could I give them my number to check if they have the right person (they had my correct street address) I had my phone on speaker and my husband was listening too, that's when we hung up.

Again I say if only these people would put there talents to good not for extorting people. Thanks for the heads up about the PayPal one.

Reactions: Bonaar
Hi Liz, That is the best thing to do, any thing that you are unsure of, the best thing to do is hang up.
If it is a company calling you they will call back,
If still unsure ask for the transaction details date and time of the purchase name of the person handling the transaction and sale.
You are also contact your bank or PayPal for details of the transaction and payment you can find them most helpful once you explain you position.
I hope this helps

Hi there Members!

I hope you're all well.

Hi everyone,
If you receive what you believe to be a scam email from PayPal, don't click on anything in the email, but before deleting the email, forward it to:

[email protected]
Shortly after reading this on here I had an email from PayPal saying my account has been limited, please update it now. I don't have an account with them, so did as you suggested and forwarded it to [email protected] I got a reply about an hour later saying I should click on the Help line and enter my password for my account. Needless to say I didn't, I don't have one anyway.

Got similar yesterday - the bastards;
PayPal
April 19, 2022 07:52:50 AEST​
Transaction ID: 4R3D-42JF-K9I2
Dear Customer,
You sent a payment of $902.49 AUD to Binance Inc.
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear on your account. If you didn't authorize this transaction call us now at +61-1800-329-062.
Merchant
Binance Inc.
Instructions to merchant
Sent to [email protected].
Delivery address-Confirmed
10 Ageston Rd, Yamanto QLD 4207, AU
Dispatch details
The Buyer has Already Confirmed the E-Delivery.
DescriptionUnit priceQty
Amount
Doge/coin AUD$902.49 AUD1
$902.49 AUD​
Subtotal:​
$902.49 AUD​
Total:​
$902.49 AUD​
Payment:
$902.49 AUD
Charge will appear on your Credit Statement as 'PAY BINANCE'.​
Paypal sent to 'Bill@Binance'.​
Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center or else call us on +61-1800-329-062.
Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitoring this inbox. To get in touch with us, login to your account and click" Contact Us at the bottom of any page.
We all have to be so careful these day nana @goulburn

Hi there Members!

I hope you're all well.

PayPal always addresses you by name in any messages , first and last name , always

Send it to to Binance asap it's a scamer they may be available to track it and find out were it originally posted by
Here is a tip to remember:
You would never send the above to Binance, as it is a scam and the Binance contact provided will go back to the scammer thus verifying your identity, which is exactly what the scammer wants.
If you receive a message like this, you should never use the email or phone contact within that scam message.
What you should do is to open a new window and login to your PayPal account. When you are in your Pay Pal account, click on Activity (up near the top of the page) and it will show you what transactions are in your account. If nothing relating to Binance appears there you could send the original message you received to.....
[email protected]

Pay Pal have an investigative team who track these fake emails and messages and deal with them.
If we attempt to deal with these scammers, all we are doing is confirming our identity to the scammer and then he has a clear run at your information to use at a later date.
Never ever use the reply or forwarding address in the message or email you received........ always take the time to type in the [email protected] addess.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Wendy
For a two week period just recently I kept getting scam telephone calls about investing and buying e-coins. The calls were 'showing' as coming from the UK, Melbourne and Perth. About six to eight times a day and about four times of an evening and early morning. Instead of not answering I decided to answer as a fake company name. They would ask for me and I'd say he doesn't work here anymore. After three calls answered like that I haven't heard from them in over a week.

Hi there Members!

I hope you're all well.

You kindness in reminding all of us to be careful cannot be underestimated. Thank you for taking the time and effort to keep everyone safe! X Happy Anzac Day and wishing you and your family and friends a beautiful relaxing break full of love and laughter. X