Rave-reviewed $3.50 product that lets you effortlessly clean your shower

A spotless bathroom is a refreshing sight. However, we can all agree that it is one of the most challenging rooms in the house to clean. It’s a daunting chore for many, especially when tackling the tough grime and mould that builds up in the shower.

So, if your bathroom needs a good scrubbing, but you don’t have the time or effort to spare, then prepare to be amazed by this incredible $3.50 product – no elbow grease required!

Andrea, the Aussie mum who discovered the trick, posted her impressive transformation results to a popular social media page and explained the process.

At first, she said she was embarrassed to share how filthy her bathroom shower was, but thanks to one affordable product, the impressive transformation was 'too good' not to share.

The walls and corners of the shower were originally ridden with splatters of dirt and mould, but Andrea only needed one simple thing to leave her bathroom sparkling clean: Ajax Professional Mould Remover Cleaning Spray.

shower1.jpg
The mum said that she cleaned her filthy shower using the spray. Credit: Gustavo Fring/Pexels

The way she discovered the secret was an accident.

According to Andrea, she sprayed the product on the dirty walls, left it for a few hours, and then wiped off any excess when she returned. But she never intended to leave the cleaning spray on the surface all day.

In the comments section, she explained that she needed to attend to her husband in the hospital an hour away before taking their sick cat with an eye infection to an emergency vet in the opposite direction.

The mum also explained that the exhaust fan in her bathroom had broken down and needed fixing at the time, hence the mould. Despite the chaotic day, Andrea was pleased with her discovery.

Ajax Professional Mould Remover Cleaning Spray (500ml) can be bought at Woolworths for $3.50.

According to the product description, the cleaning spray has a high-tech formula that ‘effectively kills mould in seconds’ with low fumes. ‘Its power foam trigger allows you to target the area with minimal fuss and removes soap scum grime and germs,’ it read.

The mum also shared before and after pictures of her bathroom walls and floor.

‘Second picture of a filthy corner is where my son left his snorkel goggles, hence the build-up. Will attack the glass tomorrow, might even use the same product,’ she wrote.

shower2.jpg
The mum shared the before and after photos on social media. Credit: Facebook

Ajax Professional Mould Cleaner is safe to use in the bathroom and laundry tiles, grouting tiled walls, plastic shower curtains, concrete patios, and most mould-affected areas. That said, reading the label and following the directions is always a good idea.

This is to avoid making costly mistakes, just like this mum who ended up spray-painting the interior of her car (in white, no less) rather than giving it the cleaning she’d intended. According to her, the problem was that the labelling of the spray paint looked like a cleaning product. This led her to buy the spray paint without reading the label. You can read the rest of the story here.

Andrea’s post amassed a lot of positive attention online. Other parents expressed amazement at the bathroom transformation and thanked the mum for sharing the product recommendation.

‘Don't be embarrassed! We all have life getting in the way sometimes, I will definitely be looking for this stuff in my next shop for my shower. Thank you so much!’ one wrote.

‘I swear by this stuff. It's the best,’ one more replied.

However, others seemed concerned and urged Andrea to scrub the shower to ensure the mould didn’t return. This is because mould infestations can lead to serious health complications if not removed or handled with care. One family was even forced to live in a backyard tent after discovering a mould infestation in their home. You can read more about this story here.

Some also shared their professional opinions.

‘As a cleaner, you will definitely still need to give it a good scrub. The mould will be bleached, but a lot of the build-up of it will still be on the tile & grout surface,’ one commented.

Another recommended Andrea buy a grout brush and scrub the bathroom walls and floors well. ‘Then pour vinegar over all the surfaces to kill all the mould spores. You really don't want to be breathing those in,’ they added.

‘Please don't use this on glass. You only need a glass cleaner sponge and squeeze to clean any glass. Chemicals like this will cause damage to the glass over time,’ one more suggested, while another shared that they would spray again and let the product sit on the surface for a bit before giving it a good scrub.

‘Maybe with Gumption [paste], then rinse with vinegar or clove oil actually kills mould spores,’ they continued.
Key Takeaways
  • Andrea used Ajax Professional Mould Remover Cleaning Spray to clean her shower without scrubbing.
  • The cleaning product removed dirt and mould build-up after being left on the shower walls for a few hours, providing an impressive transformation.
  • The Ajax Professional Mould Remover can be purchased from Woolworths for $3.50.
  • Professional cleaners still recommend scrubbing and using vinegar or clove oil to kill mould spores and prevent future issues.
Do you have other mould-removing tips? Share them with us in the comments!

Sponsored
A spotless bathroom is a refreshing sight. However, we can all agree that it is one of the most challenging rooms in the house to clean. It’s a daunting chore for many, especially when tackling the tough grime and mould that builds up in the shower.

So, if your bathroom needs a good scrubbing, but you don’t have the time or effort to spare, then prepare to be amazed by this incredible $3.50 product – no elbow grease required!

Andrea, the Aussie mum who discovered the trick, posted her impressive transformation results to a popular social media page and explained the process.

At first, she said she was embarrassed to share how filthy her bathroom shower was, but thanks to one affordable product, the impressive transformation was 'too good' not to share.

The walls and corners of the shower were originally ridden with splatters of dirt and mould, but Andrea only needed one simple thing to leave her bathroom sparkling clean: Ajax Professional Mould Remover Cleaning Spray.

View attachment 17183
The mum said that she cleaned her filthy shower using the spray. Credit: Gustavo Fring/Pexels

According to Andrea, she sprayed the product on the dirty walls, left it for a few hours, and then wiped off any excess when she returned. But she never intended to leave the cleaning spray on the surface all day.

In the comments section, she explained that she needed to attend to her husband in the hospital an hour away before taking their sick cat with an eye infection to an emergency vet in the opposite direction.

The mum also explained that the exhaust fan in her bathroom had broken down and needed fixing at the time, hence the mould. Despite the chaotic day, Andrea was pleased with her discovery.

Ajax Professional Mould Remover Cleaning Spray (500ml) can be bought at Woolworths for $3.50.

According to the product description, the cleaning spray has a high-tech formula that ‘effectively kills mould in seconds’ with low fumes. ‘Its power foam trigger allows you to target the area with minimal fuss and removes soap scum grime and germs,’ it read.

‘Second picture of a filthy corner is where my son left his snorkel goggles, hence the build-up. Will attack the glass tomorrow, might even use the same product,’ she wrote.

View attachment 17184

Ajax Professional Mould Cleaner is safe to use in the bathroom and laundry tiles, grouting tiled walls, plastic shower curtains, concrete patios, and most mould-affected areas. That said, reading the label and following the directions is always a good idea.
This is to avoid making costly mistakes, just like this mum who ended up spray-painting the interior of her car (in white, no less) rather than giving it the cleaning she’d intended. According to her, the problem was that the labelling of the spray paint looked like a cleaning product. This led her to buy the spray paint without reading the label. You can read the rest of the story here.

Andrea’s post amassed a lot of positive attention online. Other parents expressed amazement at the bathroom transformation and thanked the mum for sharing the product recommendation.

‘Don't be embarrassed! We all have life getting in the way sometimes, I will definitely be looking for this stuff in my next shop for my shower. Thank you so much!’ one wrote.

However, others seemed concerned and urged Andrea to scrub the shower to ensure the mould didn’t return. This is because mould infestations can lead to serious health complications if not removed or handled with care. One family was even forced to live in a backyard tent after discovering a mould infestation in their home. You can read more about this story here.

‘As a cleaner, you will definitely still need to give it a good scrub. The mould will be bleached, but a lot of the build-up of it will still be on the tile & grout surface,’ one commented.

Another recommended Andrea buy a grout brush and scrub the bathroom walls and floors well. ‘Then pour vinegar over all the surfaces to kill all the mould spores. You really don't want to be breathing those in,’ they added.

‘Please don't use this on glass. You only need a glass cleaner sponge and squeeze to clean any glass. Chemicals like this will cause damage to the glass over time,’ one more suggested, while another shared that they would spray again and let the product sit on the surface for a bit before giving it a good scrub.

‘Maybe with Gumption [paste], then rinse with vinegar or clove oil actually kills mould spores,’ they continued.
Key Takeaways

• Andrea used Ajax Professional Mould Remover Cleaning Spray to clean her shower without scrubbing.
  • The cleaning product removed dirt and mould build-up after being left on the shower walls for a few hours, providing an impressive transformation.
  • The Ajax Professional Mould Remover can be purchased from Woolworths for $3.50.
  • Professional cleaners still recommend scrubbing and using vinegar or clove oil to kill mould spores and prevent future issues.

View attachment 17183

View attachment 17184

Key Takeaways

It comes up 7 Dollare

Reactions: Cheezil and Ricci
To me that photo still shows mold.
The excess came off which would have done with hot water and soap.

Those tiles haven't been cleaned in yonks abd I would definitely be embarrassed to show this

But if you look at the side tiles and corner there is still mold !

Easy answer...

1. clean your bathroom often

2. Open windows , both light and fresh air do wonders.

A mixture I love is

1 cup of white vinegar

1/2 cup washing up detergent

1/4 cup bi carb soda

2 cups warm water

Mix together in a bucket then let sit for 10 minutes as it fizzes up

Once fizz has settled pour into a spray bottle and spray genoursly on tiles and leave for 10 to 20 minutes before wiping off

If really bad then using a scrubbing brush lightly go over tiles before wiping clean

Last edited:
The 'after' photo still has residue mould. I would be tossing that body brush and get a new one.
It looks like it needs a scrub and wipe down. Older shower recesses need more scrubbing than newer bathrooms. Jif or Gumption are good cleansers if needing extra cleaning, or otherwise people's diy methods.

WOW I am 80 yr old bloke who lives alone and would not be seen dead with a foul looking shower recess like that one let alone photograph it for all to see. I think more laziness than being too busy. Buy a new brush as well or you will all end up in hospital. When I was young I was taught Cleanliness was next to Godliness. Seems both are extinct nowadays.

WOW I am 80 yr old bloke who lives alone and would not be seen dead with a foul looking shower recess like that one let alone photograph it for all to see. I think more laziness than being too busy. Buy a new brush as well or you will all end up in hospital. When I was young I was taught Cleanliness was next to Godliness. Seems both are extinct nowadays.
Omg my nan used to also say that

WASHING MACHINE BEST BUY EVER ... Keep reading: I won't comment on this as each to the own bathroom cleaning hack. I will share that Aldi Special Buys that their Washing Machine Tablets 8x Pack $3.99 will be available Wednesday 19.4.2023. They sometimes put this out for their Special Buys twice a year. I'll be stocking up on a least 5 packets. Good for Top & Front Loader washing machine.

To do a first good cleanse wash I used 3 tablets, full complete washing cycle, full hot water. Clean out the filter well beforehand. When the washing machine fills and has gone about 5 minutes into the water ... pause the machine and open up and then get the detergent/softener dispenser out and soak quickly in the hot water in the washing machine. Use an old toothbrush to clean all the scum away. Keep dipping into the water filled washing machine. The cleansing tablets would have dissolved when fill and the dispenser will be cleaned in no time. Also, paper towel, wet with that water and wipe around the inside of the machine and outside as well. Throw away the paper towel into the bin and start the washing machine to finish the full wash & full hot cleanse cycle.

When it finishes, go ahead and have a look, even inside where the filter slides inside. It will be very clean.

I do this cleansing every so often. If pet bedding washed, I thoroughly clean the filter and then do this cleansing clean full wash cycle ready for next normal human washing use.

Always leave your washing machine lid open for it to dry out. Closing it causing mould.

1681293957269.png

To me that photo still shows mold.
The excess came off which would have done with hot water and soap.

Those tiles haven't been cleaned in yonks abd I would definitely be embarrassed to show this

But if you look at the side tiles and corner there is still mold !

Easy answer...

1. clean your bathroom often

2. Open windows , both light and fresh air do wonders.

A mixture I love is

1 cup of white vinegar

1/2 cup washing up detergent

1/4 cup bi carb soda

2 cups warm water

Mix together in a bucket then let sit for 10 minutes as it fizzes up

Once fizz has settled pour into a spray bottle and spray genoursly on tiles and leave for 10 to 20 minutes before wiping off

If really bad then using a scrubbing brush lightly go over tiles before wiping clean
Thank you for the recipe. I prefer natural harmless ingredients. I've been told that only vinegar kills mould.

Reactions: Suzanne rose

View attachment 17183

View attachment 17184

Key Takeaways

This is now 7 dollars

The 'after' photo still has residue mould. I would be tossing that body brush and get a new one.
It looks like it needs a scrub and wipe down. Older shower recesses need more scrubbing than newer bathrooms. Jif or Gumption are good cleansers if needing extra cleaning, or otherwise people's diy methods.
Gumption also does a fantastic job on shining up your kitchen sink. Just the tiniest amount on a damp cloth, rub around the sink, rinse off and voila, shining sink.

Reactions: Penny4
Gumption also does a fantastic job on shining up your kitchen sink. Just the tiniest amount on a damp cloth, rub around the sink, rinse off and voila, shining sink.
It sure does. Love Jif as well, because it has a grease remover ingredient in it.

View attachment 17183

View attachment 17184

Key Takeaways

View attachment 17183

View attachment 17184

Key Takeaways

$3.50? Which Woolies is charging that price? It's $7.00 at mine!

Attachments

• dfgh.jpg
    dfgh.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 0