Pink lion

Oct 19, 2022
Rat a tat tat .... any answers to rats?

Hi I have a RAT that has decided to nest in my ceiling. I hear it in the walls as well.

If anyone has had GREAT SUCCESS with a sonic repellant for rats, please let us all know.

The sound is not constant, but it can be sooooo annoying.

Any advice please?

get a carpet python and put in roof they are pretty harmless to us but deadly for rats mice etc, generally can be picked up if not mating and throw in roof they'll find any exit point and come and go as they please.

Can't find one/ ask the local snake catcher to give you one

get a carpet python and put in roof they are pretty harmless to us but deadly for rats mice etc, generally can be picked up if not mating and throw in roof they'll find any exit point and come and go as they please.

Can't find one/ ask the local snake catcher to give you one
We have some here we relocate from our yard to the neighbours yard. They are sleeping now thankfully. They come from the neighbours yard and have straight passage to the back property who have chickens.

You can buy baits to throw up in the ceiling, that don't cause a smell when they die. Maybe at Bunnings?
I will first set up a couple of wire snares after yesterday discovering they ate into a box on my verandah and chewed through both a velvet throw rug and a treasured carving.
Dead rats in the ceiling, is more than about smell, its about not wanting dead things above me.

Hi I have a RAT that has decided to nest in my ceiling. I hear it in the walls as well.

If anyone has had GREAT SUCCESS with a sonic repellant for rats, please let us all know.

Any advice please?
Put a python in your roof .

Any advice please?
Set a trap wherever you can, tip look for droppings use pumpkin seeds they can't resist it 😉

We had the same problem in our house and in my studio. I bought two of those electronic devices from Bunnings and have never had a problem since. They definitely work!

Yes , I would have a carpet snake in the ceiling. We lived rural and when we had a tradie doing some work in the ceiling , the first thing they said “ you have snakes in the ceiling and we said “we know” as we could hear it in the ceiling and we were quite happy as we did not have any rats. We found often snakeskin in the ceiling and garage.
If you do not have a snake , ransack will do the job also for mice . Bunnings does sell it , also sell rat traps .

A more humane way is to soak cotton balls with peppermint oil and place them at the entrance point, replace daily and no more rat. They hate peppermint oil 😎

Any advice please?